Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kudos to the Bengals
I feel the majority of fans feel that the Bengals had a really good draft that has improved the team for now as well as for the future. To compliment that draft the Bengals are 1 of 3 teams that already have everyone of their draft picks signed and wrapped up. I can remember so many years that we as fans were clamoring for the front office to get things rolling and get these rookies in house and it just seemed to drag on most of the way thru camp. I would like to offer kudos to this new attitude front office that are attacking the issues of the day with real urgency!
Reply/Quote
Hopefully they did this so quickly so they can now work on a pretty important extension, by knowing exactly where they are financially.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 09:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Hopefully they did this so quickly so they can now work on a pretty important extension, by knowing exactly where they are financially.

That was absolutely what I was thinking. I believe it is very possible that we now see fast work on Tee and Joe and the possibility of getting conversations started with Logan Wilson. Exciting times to be a Bengals fan for sure!
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 09:37 AM)OSUfan Wrote: That was absolutely what I was thinking. I believe it is very possible that we now see fast work on Tee and Joe and the possibility of getting conversations started with Logan Wilson. Exciting times to be a Bengals fan for sure!
Exactly what I was thinking. Get them extended
Reply/Quote
I still have anxiety over the desert wastelands of Ross, Ogbuehi, Fisher, Price.... Hopefully we turned a BIG corner.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 09:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Hopefully they did this so quickly so they can now work on a pretty important extension, by knowing exactly where they are financially.

Definitely, and then move on to more contract extensions after Burrow for Higgins, Chase, and maybe Wilson.
Reply/Quote
Yes, kudos to the Bengals not messing around.

Get the Joe Burrow and Logan Wilson extensions done is my vote. I am indifferent on re-signing Tee to a huge contract. Would be
happy if we did, but we could afford to extend DJ Reader if we didn't and keep the trenches strong on both sides. Losing DJ Reader
will hurt no matter what anybody says IMO. We don't win 5 playoff games the last couple years without DJ Reader.

Love Tee and think we will extend him. Just saying we can probably afford to lose him next year and Boyd over losing DJ.

We don't have a DT to replace DJ and I think Burrow could still work with a top WR in the next Draft, Ja'Marr Chase, Charlie Jones
and Iosivas and get the job done.
Reply/Quote

Relax. They’re going to get Sample signed eventually.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 09:13 AM)OSUfan Wrote: I feel the majority of fans feel that the Bengals had a really good draft that has improved the team for now as well as for the future. To compliment that draft the Bengals are 1 of 3 teams that already have everyone of their draft picks signed and wrapped up. I can remember so many years that we as fans were clamoring for the front office to get things rolling and get these rookies in house and it just seemed to drag on most of the way thru camp. I would like to offer kudos to this new attitude front office that are attacking the issues of the day with real urgency!

Praise the Rookie Wage Scale
Reply/Quote