Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kurt Coleman on Bengals radar
(03-02-2018, 04:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Need a ballhawk Safety here after we put Derron Smith on the PS and he got picked off of it.

Really thought Derron Smith was going to pay dividends for Bengals. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
If they sign 3 mediocre players, there won’t be the need to sign one solid guy for near the same money. The Bengal Way...
Reply/Quote
Signed by saints
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Was never really too big on him honestly. Saw he is signing with the Saints though.

Also, surprised they went after a guy who's 2 years older than Iloka and 3 years older than Williams.

Also, Coleman had a very down year.

If they want to sign a safety, there's quite a few they could sign: Burnett, Joyner, Vaccaro, Reid, and Boston.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 03:46 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Signed by saints

Kat Terrell reported on Twitter Bengals also offered 3-year deal and there was optimism he would sign, but no details beyond that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Good. That would have been our "big" (and only) free agent signing.

Now we still have hope for a vet OT/OC.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 11:56 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Kat Terrell reported on Twitter Bengals also offered 3-year deal and there was optimism he would sign, but no details beyond that.

Williams roster spot is clearly in jeopardy. This would have admitted that failure. They don't prioritize safety so if they were willing to give Kurt a 3 year deal, that means someone either Iloka or Williams time as a Bengal is up.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I talked to a doctor today. Guess I'm working at a doctor's office now.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Good! Keeps DJ, Wynn, and Brown in line for the draft. Bring in Barwin to play LB, draft these three, and things be a changing in Cincy.

Before someone goes all "Combine" & "3-4 LB" on me, please note that I take those wings into consideration already. Barwin is uniquely athletic and versatile. He can play LB here. Did I mention where he's from? :)

Brown would be a steal n the third. A steal!! He wasn't actually playing football at the Combine.
Reply/Quote
Wasn’t a fan of hearing about Kurt Coleman insterst so I guess I’m glad he signed with the saints but could this also mean we were already outbid and out played in the pursueing of Kurt Coleman. If so we the same ole damn bengals
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 03:11 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Wasn’t a fan of hearing about Kurt Coleman insterst so I guess I’m glad he signed with the saints but could this also mean we were already outbid and out played in the pursueing of Kurt Coleman.  If so we the same ole damn bengals

LOL... Damned if you do? Damned if you don't! But I agree.

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 01:38 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: I talked to a doctor today. Guess I'm working at a doctor's office now.

Fred has this "thing" he wants to show you.

Reply/Quote
I'm glad he's not signing ,he can get some picks but I heard some bad about him.i think there's better out there that I'd like more.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 04:23 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Was never really too big on him honestly. Saw he is signing with the Saints though.

Also, surprised they went after a guy who's 2 years older than Iloka and 3 years older than Williams.

Also, Coleman had a very down year.

If they want to sign a safety, there's quite a few they could sign: Burnett, Joyner, Vaccaro, Reid, and Boston.

I’m glad Coleman signed elsewhere. His play has declined, and wouldn’t be worth the salary. As to the guys you listed, the problem is that they’re middle to upper tier FA signings for the most part, which means Mike isn’t ponying up the cash to sign them. Joyner definitely won’t be here, more will Vaccaro or Burnett.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Yeah as really think it is was for the Bengals to pass on him.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
This board needs weed!

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 07:35 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This board needs weed!

You buying?

Reply/Quote
He gone
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 04:28 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I'm glad he's not signing ,he can get some picks but I heard some bad about him.i think there's better out there that I'd like more.

Well man, don't forget that better costs more.  Just who, that is a better cover Safety than Coleman, do you envision the Bengals paying to come here?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
well we need a damn playmaker in the middle. Williams n Illoka are the,least productive safety combo in the league
Reply/Quote