Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kurt Warner on Ryan Finley
[Image: 69206964_10219528012219065_7916860964144...e=5DE37B3D]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 09:27 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: [Image: 69206964_10219528012219065_7916860964144...e=5DE37B3D]

And I'ts a valid statement that I agree with.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Watch his highlights from Game 2.

I loved watching him step up in the pocket and avoid pressure.

https://youtu.be/fZGVItsyoaY
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 09:38 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Watch his highlights from Game 2.

I loved watching him step up in the pocket and avoid pressure.

https://youtu.be/fZGVItsyoaY

NFL has blocked this video from being viewed on YouTube FYI
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Yeah, there's a watch on You tube link after you click the video
Reply/Quote
Kurt Warner may have a point but it’s all relative because those other rookie quarterbacks aren’t doing too well so far, especially Kyler Murray who looks “deer in the headlights” lost. Granted, he’s on a Cardinals team which is a shitshow on turf but come on!

Let’s be careful about anointing Ryan Finley the next Tom Brady — or even the next Ken Anderson — until we see him play with the first team offense against an opposing first team defense.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 09:27 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: [Image: 69206964_10219528012219065_7916860964144...e=5DE37B3D]

I have to admit, watching Finley step up into the pocket, avoiding the pressure and his overall pocket awareness has been impressive. He has had a lot of pressure on him and he didn't panic. I hate to say it but these are great intangibles that the best have regardless of their O-line and as much as I dislike the Dalton hate, Dalton used to panic in the pocket before Van Pelt got here. I think we finally have a great QB coach that can help out our QB's. Finley is definitely the #2 IMHO.

We will see how he plays the next two Preseason games but I honestly like the guy a lot more than AJM.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 10:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Kurt Warner may have a point but it’s all relative because those other rookie quarterbacks aren’t doing too well so far, especially Kyler Murray who looks “deer in the headlights” lost.  Granted, he’s on a Cardinals team which is a shitshow on turf but come on!  

Let’s be careful about anointing Ryan Finley the next Tom Brady — or even the next Ken Anderson — until we see him play with the first team offense against an opposing first team defense.

Yes, have to pump the brakes but i do love how Finley has pocket awareness.

Have to have this to be an NFL QB man, have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 10:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, have to pump the brakes but i do love how Finley has pocket awareness.

Have to have this to be an NFL QB man, have to.

Ryan Finley, much like AJ McCarron, has intangibles which can’t be taught. Finley knows what’s going on in the pocket and he has the innate ability to maneuver in the pocket, even a collapsing pocket, and still scan downfield for open receivers. Now to this point Finley has consistently had at least one open receiver and I think we need to see what happens when everyone is tightly covered. It’s always better to take a sack than throw a pick!
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 10:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Kurt Warner may have a point but it’s all relative because those other rookie quarterbacks aren’t doing too well so far, especially Kyler Murray who looks “deer in the headlights” lost.  Granted, he’s on a Cardinals team which is a shitshow on turf but come on!  

The Finley Kool-Aid is stored securely in the back of my fridge, between a pickle jar and an old box of baking soda, and to this point, remains untouched.  I'm just happy we have a positive to discuss in a preseason that, to this point anyway, has been less than stellar, to put it as kindly as possible.  Time will tell what kind of QB he'll be in this league, but he's a nice storyline at least. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 10:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Ryan Finley, much like AJ McCarron, has intangibles which can’t be taught.  Finley knows what’s going on in the pocket and he has the innate ability to maneuver in the pocket, even a collapsing pocket, and still scan downfield for open receivers.  Now to this point Finley has consistently had at least one open receiver and I think we need to see what happens when everyone is tightly covered.  It’s always better to take a sack than throw a pick!

True but AJM always held onto the ball way too long for my liking.

I already like Finley better LMAO!!!

You guys know that I defend Dalton all the time too so this says a lot.

Finley shouldn't start though and anyone saying so is a bit crazy at this point.

Need to see him against 1's as you said.
Reply/Quote

(08-17-2019, 10:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have to admit, watching Finley step up into the pocket, avoiding the pressure and his overall pocket awareness has been impressive. He has had a lot of pressure on him and he didn't panic. I hate to say it but these are great intangibles that the best have regardless of their O-line and as much as I dislike the Dalton hate, Dalton used to panic in the pocket before Van Pelt got here. I think we finally have a great QB coach that can help out our QB's. Finley is definitely the #2 IMHO.

We will see how he plays the next two Preseason games but I honestly like the guy a lot more than AJM.

Oh I fully agree it's way to early to proclaim he's the next_________________ insert Star QB here, or even say he should be our starter. WAY TO EARLY

However, let me put it this way, I feel better about him as a young mid round somewhat project QB than anybody I can think of in any kind of recent history.

Will he turn into a gem ?? Or flame out ?? who knows
Reply/Quote
This might sound crazy but he kind of reminds me of Joe Montana.I mean his looks,when Montana first came into the league,as a very young quarterback.He seems smart and savvy,his style,his personality.Now I’m not saying he’s the next Joe Montana,but that sure would be nice.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 10:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh I fully agree it's way to early to proclaim he's the next_________________ insert Star QB here, or even say he should be our starter. WAY TO EARLY

However, let me put it this way, I feel better about him as a young mid round somewhat project QB than anybody I can think of in any kind of recent history.

Will he turn into a gem ?? Or flame out ?? who knows

Spot on brother. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 10:32 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: The Finley Kool-Aid is stored securely in the back of my fridge, between a pickle jar and an old box of baking soda, and to this point, remains untouched.  I'm just happy we have a positive to discuss in a preseason that, to this point anyway, has been less than stellar, to put it as kindly as possible.  Time will tell what kind of QB he'll be in this league, but he's a nice storyline at least. 

I took a drink of the Finley Kool-Aid but I looked at the Nutrition Facts label. It said, “Do not serve until 2020.”
Reply/Quote
There are quite a few in this forum currently going at Kurt Warner.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
He definitely moves around in the pocket well while keeping his eyes downfield. It's refreshing to see.
Reply/Quote
IFF* Ryan Finley outplays Andy Dalton in preseason should he become the starter earlier than 2020. Zac Taylor has consistently said the best players will start since becoming head coach. So, therefore, I believe until Andy Dalton regains his promising firm from his first series against the Chiefs, I think Zac needs to keep all his options open.

*That’s how we math nerds abbreviate “if and only if.”
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 10:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There are quite a few in this forum currently going at Kurt Warner.

I would take Kurt Warner's word as gospel on two subjects: NFL quarterback talent and how to put a watermelon and a loaf of bread safely into the same grocery bag.  Fortunately, this topic qualifies.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I would be thrilled if our rookie 4th round pick earns a spot as our backup QB to start the year. I would like to see how he progresses and would hope AD can stay healthy in 2019.

But, if we falter and are out of playoffs after 12 games, then give Finley some starts at end of year. Why not in that scenario?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote