Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kurt Warner on Ryan Finley
(08-18-2019, 06:41 PM)Synric Wrote: There is no reason to rush Finley into the starting lineup he still has alot to learn. A full year in an NFL weight training program and mechanics coaching will help him tremendously to go along with learning behind Andy Dalton.

IF make the playoffs, I would start Finley.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 06:41 PM)Synric Wrote: There is no reason to rush Finley into the starting lineup he still has alot to learn. A full year in an NFL weight training program and mechanics coaching will help him tremendously to go along with learning behind Andy Dalton.

Some disagree and are convinced a no brainer, start Finley week #1 and trade Andy. I am convinced a Finley lead team = 4 or 5 wins at best and I have no interest in growing pains with a rookie QB over Dalton, week 10 or 11 if out it so be it, but not now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Dalton lead team this yeAr is looking at 5-7 wins.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 08:00 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Dalton lead team this yeAr is looking at 5-7 wins.

Probably. Doesn’t mean we should start Finley though. If Finley does continue to impress we could use our #1 draft pick on a stud LB or another need in a year or two instead of having to go QB.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 08:00 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Dalton lead team this yeAr is looking at 5-7 wins.

If so, we need a new HC again

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 09:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If so, we need a new HC again

This season will depend how much time AJ misses, how the defense plays, etc. Even if they have a terrible record, firing a coach after one season is pretty stupid. Gotta give him at least a little bit of time. And maybe his own pick at QB.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 09:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This season will depend how much time AJ misses, how the defense plays, etc. Even if they have a terrible record, firing a coach after one season is pretty stupid. Gotta give him at least a little bit of time. And maybe his own pick at QB.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/qb-records.html?type=reg

You don't like AD, your choice. But the fact is AD has a career .571 winning percent so if ZT can't win with AD, maybe he is the issue and not the QB. Maybe the defense or supporting cast is the problem. AD has better win percent than a lot of current NFL QB's in spite of what many consider playing behind a poor offensive line and a bad head coach.

Say what you want, but in the NFL a .571 win % playing for an historical bad franchise is darn good.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 09:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.footballdb.com/stats/qb-records.html?type=reg

You don't like AD, your choice. But the fact is AD has a career .571 winning percent so if ZT can't win with AD, maybe he is the issue and not the QB. Maybe the defense or supporting cast is the problem. AD has better win percent than a lot of current NFL QB's in spite of what many consider playing behind a poor offensive line and a bad head coach.

Say what you want, but in the NFL a .571 win % playing for an historical bad franchise is darn good.

You're already firing the coach and the regular season is still two weeks away.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 09:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If so, we need a new HC again

We will see what happens but IF we win 5-7 games this year and we fire ZT that would likely be a very bad move.  Our defense and DC are both likely to be dreadful and our owner/GM didn't do much to help things.  If we fire ZT for that after a single year and coming off 3 losings seasons (now 4) we are going to be lucky if we can get Hue Jackson or Ken Zampese to coach here.

Just my 2 cents.

(08-18-2019, 09:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.footballdb.com/stats/qb-records.html?type=reg

As nice as Dalton's 5 year run was, if we have a losing season in 2019 that will be 4 losing seasons in a row and potential coaches are going to look at that more than Dalton's win percentage.  Particularly if the defense is crap and Mike Brown still doesn't do much of anything in free agency.  ZT could be set up to fail here, and if he gets chucked out after a single season we're going to look like the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 10:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We will see what happens but IF we win 5-7 games this year and we fire ZT that would likely be a very bad move.  Our defense and DC are both likely to be dreadful and our owner/GM didn't do much to help things.  If we fire ZT for that after a single year and coming off 3 losings seasons (now 4) we are going to be lucky if we can get Hue Jackson or Ken Zampese to coach here.

Just my 2 cents.

As nice as Dalton's 5 year run was, if we have a losing season in 2019 that will be 4 losing seasons in a row and potential coaches are going to look at that more than Dalton's win percentage.  Particularly if the defense is crap and Mike Brown still doesn't do much of anything in free agency.  ZT could be set up to fail here, and if he gets chucked out after a single season we're going to look like the Browns.

You are missing my point. Many say ML was the devil and reason we stink. AD had a .571 winning % under this head coach who supposedly was bad. So why would anyone expect to win only 5 to 7 games with a healthy AD back in 2019?

I am not saying we should fire ZT if he wins 7 games, but if he wins 5 games with a veteran QB and veteran team, then there needs to be some reasons, valid reasons why fans should not be very concerned.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 11:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You are missing my point. Many say ML was the devil and reason we stink. AD had a .571 winning % under this head coach who supposedly was bad. So why would anyone expect to win only 5 to 7 games with a healthy AD back in 2019?

I am not saying we should fire ZT if he wins 7 games, but if he wins 5 games with a veteran QB and veteran team, then there needs to be some reasons, valid reasons why fans should not be very concerned.

With the state of the OL, and defense and some already key injuries I don't think it shouldn't be to big of a deal to give ZT a bit of a pass this year. I mean our OL is so bad the only starter from the 2015 OL that's still on the team in Andre Smith. If he looks like Hue Jackson 2.0 then we can't sweep that under the rug though.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 11:25 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: With the state of the OL, and defense and some already key injuries I don't think it shouldn't be to big of a deal to give ZT a bit of a pass this year. I mean our OL is so bad the only starter from the 2015 OL that's still on the team in Andre Smith. If he looks like Hue Jackson 2.0 then we can't sweep that under the rug though.

I don't believe in free passes. But, I don't think this team loses more than 8 games if AD stays healthy. Even with Green missing 4 to 6 games, I think the team is capable of .500 or better so will be no need to consider a new HC.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 11:25 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: With the state of the OL, and defense and some already key injuries I don't think it shouldn't be to big of a deal to give ZT a bit of a pass this year. I mean our OL is so bad the only starter from the 2015 OL that's still on the team in Andre Smith. If he looks like Hue Jackson 2.0 then we can't sweep that under the rug though.

So far, even shuffling guys in and out and around, the line has done a pretty good job of pass blocking.  Looks like there's reason to believe the line will be better this year than last.  How much better remains to be seen.   The final starting line probably starts Thursday and that'll give a clearer picture of what we've got.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 10:05 PM)McC Wrote: You're already firing the coach and the regular season is still two weeks away.

Some folks are benching the incumbent QB in favor of a 4th round QB who has played parts of 2 preseason games. 
Lots of preseason overreaction action. So much better than the period before training camp.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote