Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Votto looking “in best shape of his life”
(03-07-2020, 06:53 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Just grounded into a double play to go 0-3 in today's split squad game against the Royals.

Now batting .063 for the Spring.

It’ll be ok, I see he walked twice the other day on his 0 fer day. I would really hate to see him derail the whole team again. They weren’t going to be that good last year, even with a productive JV. This team should be able to do something with a decent Votto. I really, really, really hope that he isn’t still doing that practice half swing crap. I’ve never seen anyone do that like he does. It’s a change in philosophy that coincides with his crappy hitting. I’d like to see him bring back his old walk up, Stones music too. He made changes and then went to crap, it wasn’t the other way around. Paint It Black again JV!
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2020, 07:34 PM)grampahol Wrote: Jeeez..India still trying to be an error machine. He almost threw one away.. Brantly Bell saved him at first.. Personally I'd find a trade partner for India. He's no hot corner phenom..

Finally India produced today with a HR and two other hits.. 3 hits, a hr and 2 rbi's.. I still have my doubts about the guy, but I never say never.
One seemingly big problem the Reds have now is the almost complete lack of viable backups for Votto unless perhaps someone like Blandino can really come into his own this season at first. (Perhaps Davidson as well hitting well over .300 in ST) Blandino always seemed like a middling player, but he's had a pretty good ST this year and does play first. How he fares in the bigs is anyone's guess. He had a few seasons wiped away with injuries, but has looked pretty decent since then. JVM has had a pretty good ST as well.  I'm still never quite ready to think we should anoint any player based on ST games. Other teams are also throwing out pitchers who won't amount to anything which can make anyone look like a world beater in ST only to flounder in the RS. But still...gotta start somewhere. ST is often the only shot some of these guys will ever get to face big league pitching.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote