Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyle Philips WR UCLA
KR PR and new slot guy once we move on from Boyd. Can be had currently on day 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLOTrRbOerA
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 06:01 PM)pulses Wrote: KR PR and new slot guy once we move on from Boyd. Can be had currently on day 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLOTrRbOerA

Not sure he makes it to late 4th round.
TDN has him projected late 3rd.
If he's really good enough to start in the slot and also do PRs, he'll have a high value on draft day.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 07:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not sure he makes it to late 4th round.
TDN has him projected late 3rd.
If he's really good enough to start in the slot and also do PRs, he'll have a high value on draft day.

Here are the notes from him at the Shrine Bowl. No way he makes it out of 3.

No player turned more heads at Shrine Bowl practices than Kyle Philips. The guy was completely unguardable in every part of practice. He won almost all of his one-on-ones all week and was flying all over the field, catching passes everywhere in team drills. Even on top of his ability to create separation and win his matchups, Philips was just really impressive catching the ball.

There were several occasions in which the UCLA product would win his one-on-one then have to make a big adjustment to complete the catch. Sometimes that meant showcasing his good body control, twisting around in the air to secure the ball while getting both feet in bounds to complete the catch. Other times it meant diving for the ball on a low throw or turning around and fighting through a defender to work back to the ball, snatching it away from their outstretched hands.
Philips was by far the biggest standout player in Las Vegas this week. He’s made himself some good money by elevating his draft stock more than any other player during Shrine Bowl practices.
Reply/Quote
I think he's great. He's a Hunter Renfrow clone and Hunter Renfrow went at 5-149. Maybe Renfrow's success pushes him up boards, but he's only a slot. Coaches will look at the production and skills and GMs whose jobs are on the line will look at the height and speed. If I was a betting man, I'd bet no earlier than mid-4th. I hope the Bengals would take him at 134.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 09:28 PM)pulses Wrote: Here are the notes from him at the Shrine Bowl. No way he makes it out of 3.

No player turned more heads at Shrine Bowl practices than Kyle Philips. The guy was completely unguardable in every part of practice. He won almost all of his one-on-ones all week and was flying all over the field, catching passes everywhere in team drills. Even on top of his ability to create separation and win his matchups, Philips was just really impressive catching the ball.

There were several occasions in which the UCLA product would win his one-on-one then have to make a big adjustment to complete the catch. Sometimes that meant showcasing his good body control, twisting around in the air to secure the ball while getting both feet in bounds to complete the catch. Other times it meant diving for the ball on a low throw or turning around and fighting through a defender to work back to the ball, snatching it away from their outstretched hands.
Philips was by far the biggest standout player in Las Vegas this week. He’s made himself some good money by elevating his draft stock more than any other player during Shrine Bowl practices.

This guy is smaller in stature but played both ways and was a killer in returns.  Marcus Jones

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 11:19 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This guy is smaller in stature but played both ways and was a killer in returns.  Marcus Jones

He looks pretty good but if i was gonna take a smaller guy I would take the kid from Memphis Calvin Austin. I do love that this Jones kid can do different things tho.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 12:02 AM)pulses Wrote: He looks pretty good but if i was gonna take a smaller guy I would take the kid from Memphis Calvin Austin. I do love that this Jones kid can do different things tho.

One of those guys that is great to have around when the injury bug hits, can fill in and be productive and always a weapon on Teams. 
Reply/Quote