Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyle Pitts 4.46 40 time
Take him at 5

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/3/22/22345294/kyle-pitts-40-time
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 08:01 PM)pulses Wrote: Take him at 5

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/3/22/22345294/kyle-pitts-40-time

If he backs that up at his pro day, he won't make it to 5.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 08:10 PM)Whatever Wrote: If he backs that up at his pro day, he won't make it to 5.
Falcons at 4??
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 08:11 PM)pulses Wrote: Falcons at 4??

That or trade up possibly. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
The rule of thumb is to add .07 to any unofficial/Pro Day 40 time just to be safe, which would put Pitts conservatively at 4.53. Even if the true number is closer to 4.53 instead of 4.46, that’s still really good at 6’6”, 240+ lb. Dude just shows left and right why he needs to be in same convo as Chase and Sewell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
damn...hard to pass on this guy if there at 5....no LB will be able to cover and DBs as well are out sized...
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 08:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The rule of thumb is to add .07 to any unofficial/Pro Day 40 time just to be safe, which would put Pitts conservatively at 4.53. Even if the true number is closer to 4.53 instead of 4.46, that’s still really good at 6’6”, 240+ lb. Dude just shows left and right why he needs to be in same convo as Chase and Sewell.

I agree and we should take him if he is there at 5
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 08:11 PM)pulses Wrote: Falcons at 4??

If he backs that up, I don't think he gets past Miami.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 08:48 PM)Whatever Wrote: If he backs that up, I don't think he gets past Miami.

I’d be surprised by that. Mike Gesicki is really good.

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 10:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d be surprised by that. Mike Gesicki is really good.

Gesicki cant hold Pitts jock just stop itHilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 08:48 PM)Whatever Wrote: If he backs that up, I don't think he gets past Miami.

I've seen several people thinking Miami will take Smith to hook him back up with Tua ? Who knows ?
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 11:44 PM)pulses Wrote: Gesicki cant hold Pitts jock just stop itHilarious

Did I say he’s some elite TE? He is good though, and they need a WR more. Their #1 (Parker) had less TD’s than Gesicki and only 90 more yards on the season.

Smith or Chase make more sense for Miami, imo.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 01:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did I say he’s some elite TE? He is good though, and they need a WR more. Their #1 (Parker) had less TD’s than Gesicki and only 90 more yards on the season.

Smith or Chase make more sense for Miami, imo.

WR class is so deep passing on an elite TE would be foolish. But that's ok they'll regret it if they do.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 08:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The rule of thumb is to add .07 to any unofficial/Pro Day 40 time just to be safe, which would put Pitts conservatively at 4.53. Even if the true number is closer to 4.53 instead of 4.46, that’s still really good at 6’6”, 240+ lb. Dude just shows left and right why he needs to be in same convo as Chase and Sewell.

Yeah, came in to mention that Pro Day times are always faster than reality, but that's still fast for a guy his size even if you adjust it.

He's still #3 on my "who to take at 5" list, though. Sewell, Chase, Pitts.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2021, 11:44 PM)pulses Wrote: Gesicki cant hold Pitts jock just stop itHilarious

With how hard you're pimping him it seems you'd like to. 
Reply/Quote
TEs drafted in the first 10 picks rarely perform up to where they're drafted. Off the top of my head, in the modern era, I can think of Kellen Winslow, Ricky Dudley, Vernon Davis as top 10 picks. I'm sure there are more. None lived up to their draft spot. If the Bengals decide they want to start utilizing TE more, I'd much prefer they double up in a draft with something like a 2nd & 4th round pick.

Edited to add as top 10 drafted TEs: TJ Hockenson, Eric Ebron, Kyle Brady
Reply/Quote

Not sure if you add on that much here. If you run the video through video editing software that lets you work frame by frame at 60 FPS you come out with a time very close to 4.46, maybe 4.48 based on the camera angle. 

Either way, I am confident he plays faster than 4.5 and his route running at that size is absolutely insane. 
Reply/Quote
Here is an interesting video that says Pitts is a superstar but not at TE. Wasn't looking for vids on Pitts, was watching scouting vids on someone else, but the title intrigued me. He has some good points.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 08:49 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: TEs drafted in the first 10 picks rarely perform up to where they're drafted. Off the top of my head, in the modern era, I can think of Kellen Winslow, Ricky Dudley, Vernon Davis as top 10 picks. I'm sure there are more. None lived up to their draft spot. If the Bengals decide they want to start utilizing TE more, I'd much prefer they double up in a draft with something like a 2nd & 4th round pick.

Edited to add as top 10 drafted TEs: TJ Hockenson, Eric Ebron, Kyle Brady

I’m not gonna lie I’m also a little sacred about drafting a TE in the top 5. A lot of the top tight ends you listed were talked about as being game changers like Pitts and haven’t worked out. I remember a few years back O.J Howard was talked about the same way and some draft guys thought he should be a top 10 pick. I hope either Sewell or Chase are on the board when we draft because after that I’m not sure who the best pick would be. I’d still lean towards Pitts because I feel like Slater is overrated , there’s not a defensive player worthy and Smith’s size scares me , I’m still recovering from “ John Ross PTSD”.
Reply/Quote
I'm also a little leery about taking a TE in the top 5, but according to the stats, the bust rate for TEs and WRs is approximately equal -- at least according to this site: https://football.pitcherlist.com/pessimists-guide-to-the-nfl-draft/

Since 2000, only 19% of first round WRs have had a 1k yard season, compared to 14% of first round TEs. 52% of first round WRs have had an 8-TD season, as compared to 38% of first round TEs.

So if it's between Chase and Pitts, our odds of success are only slightly better with Chase ... and after accounting for the larger sample size and higher usage rate of WRs, it's probably about equal.
Reply/Quote