Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyle Pitts/Florida
Anybody seen him play this year? His stats are ridiculous. In two games he has 12 catches for 227 yards and 6 TD's. The TE is 6'6 and 240 pounds. He is a junior likely to declare.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Miami Hurricane's TE Brevin Jordan looked like a player to watch when I saw him play this year as well as Pitts.

Did you see Auburn's 300 lbs TE last night against GA?  He's a freshman. I'm gonna keep on eye on him.

With the Bengals' obvious need to upgrade the offensive line, I think Brevin and Pitts would probably be off the board by the time they address TE (at least in my opinion.)  Unless the Bengals have the opportunity to trade down and accumulate more picks.

If they keep picking skill positions over improving the offensive line Imma lose my shit even more.
Reply/Quote
It really boils down to where we are at in the draft order. I would have no problem looking at a guy like that in this offense in the 12-15 range.

I'm also counting on seeing a little more action in free agency this year to fill some holes.
Reply/Quote
Pitts could be blossoming into quite the pass catching TE.
Depending on the Bengals' plans for using multiple TEs and how Sample develops by year's end, Pitts might make sense.
I would hate to see Pitts drafted and sit at 3rd on the depth chart though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 01:13 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Miami Hurricane's TE Brevin Jordan looked like a player to watch when I saw him play this year as well as Pitts.

Did you see Auburn's 300 lbs TE last night against GA?  He's a freshman. I'm gonna keep on eye on him.

With the Bengals' obvious need to upgrade the offensive line, I think Brevin and Pitts would probably be off the board by the time they address TE (at least in my opinion.)  Unless the Bengals have the opportunity to trade down and accumulate more picks.

If they keep picking skill positions over improving the offensive line Imma lose my shit even more.

Jordan is a solid athlete, probably under appreciated and not utilized enough.  The site I follow lists him third overall at TE.  I still prefer to protect the franchise being Burrow.  But if we pick in the 10-15 range, it gets into BPA territory for me.  Is a lineman at 15 that much better than a 2nd rounder.....or do you just take a higher rated player if it falls that way.  My two exceptions might be Pitts and maybe Waddle.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 07:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Pitts could be blossoming into quite the pass catching TE.
Depending on the Bengals' plans for using multiple TEs and how Sample develops by year's end, Pitts might make sense.
I would hate to see Pitts drafted and sit at 3rd on the depth chart though.

Right now he leads the SEC in PFF, which I would guess is quite a rarity for a TE.  He's not really a solid blocker though.  
Reply/Quote
This is a really good TE class right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 02:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: This is a really good TE class right now.

I'm excited to see Freiermuth back. I think both he and Pitts could go 1st round.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Pitts is absolutely insane.... is there a heisman shot for him.
Reply/Quote
Looked like he injured his ankle in the game yesterday. He caught one more td pass in the first quarter.. A&M had him triple covered on one play I saw. He appeared to be a mismatch in single coverage. His feet change direction well. Soft hands. Long arms.
Reply/Quote
Pitts and Burrow could be a spicy pairing. He might not ever be an awe inspiring inline blocker, but he's still a big strong dude who could help with outside zone/screen type of plays when he isn't running routes. 
Reply/Quote
Does anyone know Pitts 40 time? Pitts would help on crossing patterns and I wouldn't want to cover the guy. Not much of a blocker though.

Another guy I like that is not a TE but is huge and has potential is Terry at WR from Florida State.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
What do we know about this Whyle kid outta UC?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2020, 09:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What do we know about this Whyle kid outta UC?

I know that leap was badass. Sample would definitely embarrass himself trying to pull that off.

Reply/Quote
After missing a couple weeks. Comes back with 99 receiving yards and 3 TDs.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 07:36 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Jordan is a solid athlete, probably under appreciated and not utilized enough.  The site I follow lists him third overall at TE.  I still prefer to protect the franchise being Burrow.  But if we pick in the 10-15 range, it gets into BPA territory for me.  Is a lineman at 15 that much better than a 2nd rounder.....or do you just take a higher rated player if it falls that way.  My two exceptions might be Pitts and maybe Waddle.

I would argue that adding a good TE is protecting Burrow.. not that i am saying pic TE in first round but.. but look at young QBs , TE tend to be their go to with short passing game and over middle with blitz heavy teams.. Hey if we trade back and get three picks say in the first 40 picks and add another maybe in 3/4th round im game
Reply/Quote
He's so gifted physically.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 03:55 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: My draft preference for the first round would be Oline, Dline, Pitts.

I don’t think there’s a DE worth taking as high as we’ll be picking. There might be a DT I’m not remembering, but I don’t think so. My preference is OL (Sewell), WR (Chase), CB (Surtain), TE (Pitts). Although 3 might be way too high to take a TE? Other than Hockenson a couple years ago I can’t even remember many going in the top 10 recently.

Reply/Quote
I would love to get Pitts. I think he's a game changer.
However, I worry he may be underutilized or improperly utilized under Zac Taylor.
Sample has only 37 targets all season, and he's been the primary TE since Uzomah went down (9+ games).
I'm not sure if it's because of Sample specifically or the lack of priority on TE in the passing game, as Uzomah had 11 targets in just 2 games (5.5 tpg).

If the TE got an average of 5.5 targets per game, the TE would be in the Top 10 in the league for targets. But Sample is currently averaging 3.0 targets per game since taking over as the starter at TE. If 3 targets per game is more the norm, then adding a talent like Pitts doesn't make sense.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This kid is just ridiculous. 7 rec for 128 yds against Tennessee with 10 minutes left in the 4th.

If Sewell isn’t there when we pick (or we trade back) I would absolutely love to take him.

Reply/Quote