Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyle Pitts is AJ Green as a tight end.
He beat Patrick Surtain in coverage who is projected to go top 15 and possibly top 10. This guy would be overkill with Burrow throwing to him and has HOF written all over him. We can luck out on a WR next year.
Reply/Quote
Who?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 04:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who?

Henry Pitts, brother of Harry Pitts.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 09:22 AM)Au165 Wrote: Henry Pitts, brother of Harry Pitts.

They're Smelly Pitts' cousins, right?
Reply/Quote
Hank
Reply/Quote
Before people create threads about people, how bout we do a little research in tge name of the guy first so we don’t get players confused.
Reply/Quote
Earl Pitts
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Anyone who doesn't want Kyle Pitts either:
1) Undervalues his abilities
2) Thinks Bengals have good TEs now or optimism they'll get better
3) Don't think the Bengals will be able to incorporate TE well enough into the passing game
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 12:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Anyone who doesn't want Kyle Pitts either:
3) Don't think the Bengals will be able to incorporate TE well enough into the passing game

Or they're among the speed crowd who blindly believe the talking heads and think if a guy doesn't run a 4.0 flat forty he's no good. Remember the guy on here last year saying stay away from Jefferson, he to slow.  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 12:20 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Or they're among the speed crowd who blindly believe the talking heads and think if a guy doesn't run a 4.0 flat forty he's no good. Remember the guy on here last year saying stay away from Jefferson, he to slow.  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

People were against Jefferson because Jefferson played the slot and Bengals already had Boyd there.
As for Pitts's speed, I think he runs in the 4.5's, which is good for a TE.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
He's a mismatch nightmare. Yes, we need lineman. That said, I would take Pitts in a flash. He's capable of scoring 10 TDs as a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 12:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Anyone who doesn't want Kyle Pitts either:

I was watching the Orange and Black Insider guys last night, and they made a good point that AJ’s 104 targets have to go to someone next season. Might as well be Pitts instead of a WR3.

Reply/Quote

4. Thinks the position isn’t worth a top 5 selection.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 12:20 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Or they're among the speed crowd who blindly believe the talking heads and think if a guy doesn't run a 4.0 flat forty he's no good. Remember the guy on here last year saying stay away from Jefferson, he to slow.  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

No no, gotta be UNDER 4. Over 4 is just average or worthless
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 12:29 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: He's a mismatch nightmare. Yes, we need lineman. That said, I would take Pitts in a flash. He's capable of scoring 10 TDs as a rookie.

Theres a myth around here that the Bengals cant find a franchise OT after RD 1. 
But Kyle Pitts is a franchise TE. Im not sure after you get past 
RD 1 there is a talent like him to be had.
Brevin Jordan is good but can be great. ???
Or the kid from Penn St? 
Anybody thats against getting Kyle Pitts at 5 must be happy 
With Sample and Uzomah coming off surgery.
Boy Sample was a beast last year.....nobody could catch a checkdown like him and get 8 yds if you needed 11.
Pitts is my guy at 5.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 12:38 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: 4. Thinks the position isn’t worth a top 5 selection.

I was implying that point with my #1 point. Someone would only devalue a TE if they don't think a TE can be as productive as a high-end receiver. Kelce, Kittle, and Waller have proven that's not the case anymore.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 12:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I was implying that point with my #1 point. Someone would only devalue a TE if they don't think a TE can be as productive as a high-end receiver. Kelce, Kittle, and Waller have proven that's not the case anymore.

Don’t you know they were all selected later in the draft though? We can find our future TE in like round 6! He can block first then learn how to catch a ball sometime later!
Reply/Quote
Some people just can't stand to take premier talent.

That kind of thinking is how you end up with one HOF player in over 50 years of existence, zero championships, only have three seasons in 53 years in which you've won a playoff game, and go three decades without a playoff win.
Reply/Quote
If I recall correctly, CJ ran a modest 4.58. If Pitts runs 4.59 or less, at his height and weight, he will be a beast. He is a hybrid TE/WR. I would hope the coaching staff could creatively use Pitts if he is drafted by the Bengals. Pitts, Higgins, Boyd, and maybe a FA signing like Godwin would be killer.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
If you take Pitts without fixing the OL so the Tackles can play on islands it will be a bit pointless, as Pitts will be staying in to help the RT most downs.
Reply/Quote