Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyle Pitts is AJ Green as a tight end.
(02-18-2021, 04:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Which is weird with him being so young honestly. Hopefully he can grow as a coach and start watching what Offenses like 
the Chiefs, Saints, Packers etc are doing... All we can do is hope.

Not much. Brought in Burrow with Tee, drafted Adeniji and brought in XSF.

They focused on the Defense last FA, hopefully they focus more on helping Burrow and the OL this FA while building up the 
trenches on both sides. Get up to speed with what teams that win the SB are doing. We need a pass rush and good blocking
offensively.

Well, all that is true, but there’s still something you are forgetting about
Reply/Quote
I want Pitts. Someone mentioned bringing in Godwin which I’d love but that won’t happen. What about a guy like Tyrell Williams? I heard the Raiders are going to cut him. Boyd, Higgins, Pitts, and Williams would be nice. Granted that they address the line in FA.
Reply/Quote
Heres a idea...if you draft the best SEC player from
2019 i.e Joe Burrow......then why not draft the best player
From the SEC in 2020 in Kyle Pitts?

It makes too much sense
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 10:24 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Heres a idea...if you draft the best SEC player from
2019 i.e Joe Burrow......then why not draft the best player
From the SEC in 2020 in Kyle Pitts?

It makes too much sense

In before you get someone arguing that would be Devonta Smith...

Personally I think Pitts>Smith
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 10:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: In before you get someone arguing that would be Devonta Smith...

Personally I think Pitts>Smith

I think Pitts>Chase>Smith.
I think that because there are so few truly elite TEs in the NFL compared to elite WRs.
I'd argue there are probably just 3 elite TEs nowadays - Kelce, Kittle, Waller. Hockenson and maybe Fant could be on their way, but not in that tier yet.
For WRs, I'd say there are...Hill, Hopkins, Adams, Diggs, Jones, Thomas, Evans, Allen at least. You could argue a handful of others are close, or at least in that category every couple of years or so.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 11:30 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I think Pitts>Chase>Smith.
I think that because there are so few truly elite TEs in the NFL compared to elite WRs.
I'd argue there are probably just 3 elite TEs nowadays - Kelce, Kittle, Waller. Hockenson and maybe Fant could be on their way, but not in that tier yet.
For WRs, I'd say there are...Hill, Hopkins, Adams, Diggs, Jones, Thomas, Evans, Allen at least. You could argue a handful of others are close, or at least in that category every couple of years or so.

For the Bengals I'm at a tie with Kyle Pitts and Ja'Marr Chase both bring different things to the table. 

Kyle Pitts is a great chess peice for any offensive coordinator and a nightmare for any defensive coordinator. He can be moved to any receiving position on the offense and succeed but he is not standard outside vertical threat the Bengals need to open up routes for a guys like Boyd, Higgins, Sample, and even a guy like Pitts.

Ja'Marr Chase is that boundary vertical threat the Bengals need the guy that can be a weapon on the sideline. Because he is able to push the field, keep defenses honest, and move safeties for those underneath and seems. If he runs in the 4.4s it would be easy to see the Bengals target him because he is technically sound, a playmaker, and a need.

Now I will say this They could take Kyle Pitts and a guy later like Eskridge, Dyami Brown or grab someone like Conley in Free Agency. The said can't be the same about finding a Tight End of Pitts' caliber this offseason (though 2021 TE Free Agency class looks alot better).

First and foremost is the Offensive Line. If they dont add a Tackle in Free agency and Penei Sewell is on the board thr point is moot because he is the obvious answer.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 11:30 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I think Pitts>Chase>Smith.

Agreed. I feel like those top TE’s are probably harder to game plan for, too.

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 12:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I was watching the Orange and Black Insider guys last night, and they made a good point that AJ’s 104 targets have to go to someone next season. Might as well be Pitts instead of a WR3.

Last time Chase played, he had 84 catches and turned it into 1,780 yards and 20 TDs, and he did it with Burrow.

If they're not going to get an OL with the 5th overall, I don't see how Chase isn't the pick. No matter how great of a mismatch Pitts is, he's never going to put up ~1800/20.

- - - - - - - -
Side note...

I understand sitting out the COVID season entirely, but something rubs me the wrong way about Pitts playing part of the season. He puts up a big game against Alabama, and then quits before the Bowl Game, leaving his QB out to dry. He played long enough to get his before booking it, letting Trask flounder for 0 TD/3 INT on national TV.

It's not a huge deal, and it isn't the reasoning for my opinion on who to take, but it does rub me the wrong way a bit.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 11:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Last time Chase played, he had 84 catches and turned it into 1,780 yards and 20 TDs, and he did it with Burrow.

If they're not going to get an OL with the 5th overall, I don't see how Chase isn't the pick. No matter how great of a mismatch Pitts is, he's never going to put up ~1800/20.

DeVonta Smith had 117/1856/23 why wouldnt you consider him over Ja'Marr Chase? Better yet the Bengals need better pass rushers and Gregory Rousseau had 54tkls/19.5 TFL/15.5 sacks...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 12:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Anyone who doesn't want Kyle Pitts either:
1) Undervalues his abilities
2) Thinks Bengals have good TEs now or optimism they'll get better
3) Don't think the Bengals will be able to incorporate TE well enough into the passing game

I personally would like us to take either the Oregon T or the Alabama Heisman WR at 5. If both those guys are gone (And especially if a sought after QB falls to 5) then I am game to trade down and take a TE. Just not at 5 with who possibly may be available.

(02-19-2021, 11:16 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Last time Chase played, he had 84 catches and turned it into 1,780 yards and 20 TDs, and he did it with Burrow.

- - - - - - - -
Side note...

I understand sitting out the COVID season entirely, but something rubs me the wrong way about Pitts playing part of the season. He puts up a big game against Alabama, and then quits before the Bowl Game, leaving his QB out to dry. He played long enough to get his before booking it, letting Trask flounder for 0 TD/3 INT on national TV.

It's not a huge deal, and it isn't the reasoning for my opinion on who to take, but it does rub me the wrong way a bit.
Oof that's a bit of a red flag for me honestly. I want fiery competitors all over the field. Not talented potential prima donnas.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 11:47 PM)Synric Wrote: DeVonta Smith had 117/1856/23 why wouldnt you consider him over Ja'Marr Chase? Better yet the Bengals need better pass rushers and Gregory Rousseau had 54tkls/19.5 TFL/15.5 sacks...

Too damn thin at 175lbs. Kid looks like some stick pretzels put on football pads. I don't trust a WR that thin. He is 2.5" taller, but 15lbs lighter than John Ross. His legs look like toothpicks.

Chase is 33 pounds heavier on 1" less, and from what I read, runs about the same speed as Smith.

Defense is pointless until you...
A. Set up Burrow fully to grow and succeed.
B. Get rid of Anarumo, because no matter how good the rusher is, they won't put up stats under him and he will likely ruin them.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2021, 05:00 PM)Joelist Wrote: If you take Pitts without fixing the OL so the Tackles can play on islands it will be a bit pointless, as Pitts will be staying in to help the RT most downs.

I admit, I was not a fan of taking a TE this high but now after reading everything on Pitts, he looks like a once in a decade kind of TE....that said, if we can sign a FA Tackle like Darryl Williams im down with Pitts at #5. Burrow will have  a serious threat there and will open up the opportunities for all the WRs.   After watching how Kelce and Gronk tore it up in playoffs you know this is being discussed. 
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 12:19 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I admit, I was not a fan of taking a TE this high but now after reading everything on Pitts, he looks like a once in a decade kind of TE....that said, if we can sign a FA Tackle like Darryl Williams im down with Pitts at #5. Burrow will have  a serious threat there and will open up the opportunities for all the WRs.   After watching how Kelce and Gronk tore it up in playoffs you know this is being discussed. 

Pitts is head and shoulders better than the rest of the TEs in the
Draft. You just don't pass on once in a decade players like Pitts
Hes there at 5 for the taking. 
You can always take a burner in the mid rounds.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 01:43 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I personally would like us to take either the Oregon T or the Alabama Heisman WR at 5. If both those guys are gone (And especially if a sought after QB falls to 5) then I am game to trade down and take a TE. Just not at 5 with who possibly may be available.

Oof that's a bit of a red flag for me honestly. I want fiery competitors all over the field. Not talented potential prima donnas.

No way do I sign DeVonta Smith over Kyle Pitts.
Pitts, to me, is head and shoulders above the other TEs and is a legit game changer.
I really don't see Smith being better than Chase or even Waddle, and I don't think he becomes a perennial Top 10 WR.
On the other hand, I see Pitts likely becoming a Top 5 TE.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2021, 05:29 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Well, all that is true, but there’s still something you are forgetting about

What? Tagging AJ? You are being a little vague here Gdale.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 03:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: No way do I sign DeVonta Smith over Kyle Pitts.
Pitts, to me, is head and shoulders above the other TEs and is a legit game changer.
I really don't see Smith being better than Chase or even Waddle, and I don't think he becomes a perennial Top 10 WR.
On the other hand, I see Pitts likely becoming a Top 5 TE.

Same here. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 04:28 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Too damn thin at 175lbs. Kid looks like some stick pretzels put on football pads. I don't trust a WR that thin. He is 2.5" taller, but 15lbs lighter than John Ross. His legs look like toothpicks.

Chase is 33 pounds heavier on 1" less, and from what I read, runs about the same speed as Smith.

B. Get rid of Anarumo, because no matter how good the rusher is, they won't put up stats under him and he will likely ruin them.

Keeping Anarumo is the single most disappointing thing moving forward. I know, injured players ect.... I don't recall any of his defensive destinations ever being able to stop the run? 

In this division, defenses must be able to defend the run. If Pittsburgh drafts Harris it will get even more difficult.
I'm OK with Chase because of past chemistry, but prefer Sewell or Pitts. I can pass on Smith. Seems like a good kid and solid player, but size concerns me.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 04:28 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Too damn thin at 175lbs. Kid looks like some stick pretzels put on football pads. I don't trust a WR that thin. He is 2.5" taller, but 15lbs lighter than John Ross. His legs look like toothpicks.

Chad was what 6’1” about 185lbs.

Tyreek is 5’10” listed at 185lbs.

I bet Devonta weighs in right around there at his pro day.

Watch him. He takes some massive shots and gets right back up. I was stunned when watching one of his games when he trucked somebody. That’s probably when I changed my opinion of him. He isn’t going to pancake anybody but he will block his man out of the play too.
Reply/Quote

- - - - - - - -
Side note...

Who says Chase is gonna put up 1800/20 in the NFL? Not gonna happen anytime soon. So don't base college stats on what they're gonna do in the pros because we all know that stuff don't stick.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 01:16 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Chad was what 6’1” about 185lbs.

Tyreek is 5’10” listed at 185lbs.

I bet Devonta weighs in right around there at his pro day.

Watch him. He takes some massive shots and gets right back up. I was stunned when watching one of his games when he trucked somebody. That’s probably when I changed my opinion of him. He isn’t going to pancake anybody but he will block his man out of the play too.

I bet he don't stiff arm and run over people like Tylan Wallace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xva7l5pViZM
Reply/Quote