Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tucson police officer fired after fatally shooting a 61-year-old in a mobility scoote
(12-03-2021, 09:58 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I miss 3.5. That was my favorite edition. I still have my stuff all the way back to AD&D, though.

We're currently playing a 3.0 campaign, but I think 3.5 is the last version I'd consider playing.  I'm going to one up you, I still have my D&D basic set along with the crappy orange dice that you had to rub crayon into the numbers so you could read them.

Crazy, but 100% true story.  One of my best friends had a crazy mother so he moved out as soon as he could.  He didn't have space to take all of his stuff and some of his D&D books got left behind.  His mother promptly got rid of them.  This is close to thirty years ago if not more.  About six months ago another of our friends bought a book from a guy on E-Bay (the Deities and Demigods that had the Cthulhu and Elric mythos included).  The guy sent him an original Players Handbook as a bonus.  You open up the cover of the Players Handbook and there is my friends "Property of 'his name'" on the inside.  The guy who sold the book lived in Massachusetts.  Seriously mind blowing.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 09:06 PM)treee Wrote: The cop's defense in this situation would rest on the argument that the man was an immediate mortal danger to the cops themselves or another person in the store be it worker or customer.

His defense was that he could use his taser because the wheelchair blocked him.  Mellow  So he shot him multiple times in the back.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10260995/Tucson-police-officer-fired-fatal-shooting-suspect.html

Quote:Remington's lawyer, Mike Storie, is now claiming his client 'had no non-lethal options,' a statement read. 

'He did have a taser, but in his mind, he couldn't use it because he didn't feel he had the proper spread to deploy it, with the wheelchair between him and Richards,' Storie said.

Don't shoplift.  Don't tell police they'll have to shoot you...they will.

Also I'm not sure they had to handcuff him before providing any kind of aid as the article says but maybe they were afraid he would run away from his motorized scooter after being shot nine times.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 12:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Crazy, but 100% true story.  One of my best friends had a crazy mother so he moved out as soon as he could.  He didn't have space to take all of his stuff and some of his D&D books got left behind.  His mother promptly got rid of them.  This is close to thirty years ago if not more.  About six months ago another of our friends bought a book from a guy on E-Bay (the Deities and Demigods that had the Cthulhu and Elric mythos included).  The guy sent him an original Players Handbook as a bonus.  You open up the cover of the Players Handbook and there is my friends "Property of 'his name'" on the inside.  The guy who sold the book lived in Massachusetts.  Seriously mind blowing.

Holy shit... 

You're all still nerds?   Crazy odds.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2021, 11:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: His defense was that he could use his taser because the wheelchair blocked him.  Mellow  So he shot him multiple times in the back.

Maybe there was someone in a slower store wheelchair this guy was rolling towards.... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote