Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Kyle Rittenhouse Trial
(11-19-2021, 04:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm gonna assume you will say the same thing in the Abery trial as the defense keeps trying to get the victim's past brought in?

Beyond that this "young man" put himself in that situation without the help of the media or Biden.  He's gonna be just fine.  In fact he'll probably be on the conservative talk show circuit and promoting his story any minute now.

And I say that fully predicated by the fact that he acted in self-defense as the law allows no matter what other circumstances lead to the confrontations.

I have not followed the Abery trial, nor do I know the details so I cannot comment.
[Image: 442477217_947289567407463_69894548258261...e=6657196A]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 04:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: He was also throwing up their secret (not so secret anymore) White power sign. 

I don't think he'll grow up and stay out of trouble. I think we'll see a breed of child vigilantes out of this. That's what is coming.

What white power sign are you referring too?

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 04:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What white power sign are you referring too?

Probably to old hand sign of 'a-okay' or 3-D if you're an old ECW fan of the Dudley Boyz or the same hand sign John Cena has been throwing out since he turned baby face all those years ago.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 04:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I have not followed the Abery trial, nor do I know the details so I cannot comment.

Sorry I assumed you meant all that on principle.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
I think it’s safe to say we can expect a lot more people with guns the next time there are riots.

And Biden is right like usual (about how good the hair smells). Oh and about juries working and stuff.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 05:12 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Probably to old hand sign of 'a-okay' or 3-D if you're an old ECW fan of the Dudley Boyz or the same hand sign John Cena has been throwing out since he turned baby face all those years ago.

Oh ok. So Oprah is a White Supremacists? 

[Image: oprah-winfrey-smiles-and-gives-the-okay-...?s=594x594]

I don't buy it. People do this all the time to catch someone looking so they can punch them. It's widely in the military too because, well, they're young kids who like to prank each other a lot. I doubt many of you believe this either.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 08:15 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think it’s safe to say we can expect a lot more people with guns the next time there are riots.

And Biden is right like usual (about how good the hair smells). Oh and about juries working and stuff.

There shouldn't be riots anyway. Peaceful protesting is a good thing and I believe it works. Heck, there are people who riot on false pretenses and some who riot just to riot. Don't even know what the hell they are rioting for. Mostly kids. Those who cause or entice riots and participate in destructive behavior should be arrested. Many people are up in arms about Jan 6th. That was horrible they say. But all the other rioting is ok. I call BS on that one. A riot is a riot and they should not happen period.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 09:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Oh ok. So Oprah is a White Supremacists? 

[Image: oprah-winfrey-smiles-and-gives-the-okay-...?s=594x594]

I don't buy it. People do this all the time to catch someone looking so they can punch them. It's widely in the military too because, well, they're young kids who like to prank each other a lot. I doubt many of you believe this either.

Oh trust me - when I first read that that gesture was a white power sign, I pfft'd so hard I split my lip.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 09:22 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Oh trust me - when I first read that that gesture was a white power sign, I pfft'd so hard I split my lip.

Long day for me, but I wanted to address the "OK" hand signal really quick.  This started on /pol as a way to make left leaning people look stupid, they decided to spread the word that this was now a white power hand sign so that angry leftists would denounce it and look stupid.  And they did.  Of course it was then coopted by some white supremacist organizations who use it for that exact purpose.  But, generally, the only time you see it is from right leaning people who use it as a joke because it "triggers the libs".

As an aside, this image of St. Michael is also being coopted by white supremacists;

[Image: 2581e6ab451156d7aca4b7199dac5cd1.jpg]

That doesn't make it a "white supremacy" image.
Reply/Quote
Don’t know why it took 3 days to end in a not guilty verdict.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 04:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: Judge bans MSNBC from court based off or right wing conspiracy.

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1461389505143975938

To summarize. Some random guy ran a red light or some sort of traffic violation which was in distance of the jury bus claims he was from MSNBC and was following jury bus (unverified as admitted by judge - would be easy to verify their employee), and the judge bans the whole network from courtroom.

(11-19-2021, 12:22 PM)jj22 Wrote: It was an extreme move. But MSNBC should have known the judge they were dealing with and not risked anything. Reporters do follow the jury bus though (that is how they get a heads up when the deliberations are over). It happens more than we know and the jury aren't intimidated because they don't know what cars behind them on a bus are reporters from regular people. But reporters are everywhere we are learning but in their face in the hotel room lobby etc. They are "hidden" mostly and know not to approach them.

And it had nothing to do with reporting on what is going on inside the courtroom. But we've established the judges "issues" and it's pretty well known at this point.

It wasn't scandalous enough for the judge to react like he did. It wasn't like the reporter got caught talking to them or interviewing them. It wasn't like he got caught harassing the bus or forcing it to change direction or something.

It was a traffic violation and that is the only reason why we heard of it. If it was thought to be scandalous he wouldn't have said he was a reporter. He did because it was common practice to keep an eye on the jury bus to see when they are headed back to the trial during deliberations. Everyone wants to be the first to report that the jury has reached a verdict. Fox news reporters and all other media outlet reporters probably drove past him and chuckled as they continued on the pursuit of the bus.

I say this as someone with no problem with you, and I generally think you're a good dude.  But these two posts should really tell you something if you took a moment and examined them.  You were very quick to label this a "right wing conspiracy" and then it turned out to be 100% factual.  I don't think you realize how much you emulate the very behavior and attitudes that you lambast in others.  Take some time, let the facts come in before you make a knee jerk decision.

(11-19-2021, 04:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: He is a white supremacist. Photo's don't lie. Before he was crying about the crime he was bragging with them about it. The jury wasn't able to see that tho. 

This is silly.  I already explained why the OK hand symbol is not a white supremacist symbol.  You are correct though, the jury was only able to see evidence actually related to the offense in question.  That pesky criminal justice system and its rules to protect defendants.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 09:39 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Long day for me, but I wanted to address the "OK" hand signal really quick.  This started on /pol as a way to make left leaning people look stupid, they decided to spread the word that this was now a white power hand sign so that angry leftists would denounce it and look stupid.  And they did.  Of course it was then coopted by some white supremacist organizations who use it for that exact purpose.  But, generally, the only time you see it is from right leaning people who use it as a joke because it "triggers the libs".

As an aside, this image of St. Michael is also being coopted by white supremacists;

I throw up that hand gesture when I'm using my old man moves and raining step back 3s on the court... Pisses off the younger crowd...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 09:44 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I say this as someone with no problem with you, and I generally think you're a good dude.  But these two posts should really tell you something if you took a moment and examined them.  You were very quick to label this a "right wing conspiracy" and then it turned out to be 100% factual.  I don't think you realize how much you emulate the very behavior and attitudes that you lambast in others.  Take some time, let the facts come in before you make a knee jerk decision.

This is silly.  I already explained why the OK hand symbol is not a white supremacist symbol.  You are correct though, the jury was only able to see evidence actually related to the offense in question.  That pesky criminal justice system and its rules to protect defendants.

The ok symbol is not exclusively a white supremacists symbol, but it is one white supremacists certainly use. I personally associate it with the punching game but there are others that use it as a signal to other white supremacists.

Edit: it went from troll job -> used ironically -> used unironically just like many troll jobs before it.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 09:39 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Long day for me, but I wanted to address the "OK" hand signal really quick.  This started on /pol as a way to make left leaning people look stupid, they decided to spread the word that this was now a white power hand sign so that angry leftists would denounce it and look stupid.  And they did.  Of course it was then coopted by some white supremacist organizations who use it for that exact purpose.  But, generally, the only time you see it is from right leaning people who use it as a joke because it "triggers the libs".

Tbf, most of those things co-opted into hate language are done from an irony standpoint at first (see also: Pepe the Frog memes).

The left does love to freak out about that kind of thing though, so you can't really fault the right for doing it.

Flip side of that of course is I have no issue kissing another dude to bother the right, so each side has their faults.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 04:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He can sue Biden and multiple news outlets who labeled him a white supremacist. Biden was not President at the time and has no protection. He will probably retain the same attorneys as the kid in Covington, and will likely get like settlements. Rittenhouse, Cambridge Police, Duke Lacrosse, Ferguson, and many more. You would think they would get tired of jumping the gun before the evidence is in and being wrong time after time.

(11-19-2021, 04:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The lies and character defamation was insane here. The media and prosecution had no right to sling things the way they did. They tried to persuade a guilty verdict in the name of politics. Same thing for Biden. They were willing to throw a young mans life away for self gain. I get that the prosecutors were doing their jobs, but they were unethical in the way they presented their case. To accuse Kyle of being a white supremacist's was insane when there was no other race involved that wasn't white. This verdict is good for America. Those jurors have balls of steel too for refusing to  be intimidated by all the noise and doing the right thing.

(11-19-2021, 04:09 PM)jason Wrote: That 24 hour news cycle is gonna ensure that they never get tired of jumping the gun... And that's a problem.

The really bad part was people like Jackson-Lee and Pressley repeating known falsehoods that evidence has clearly shown to be false, like "crossing state lines with a rifle".  Rittenhouse was defamed by many people of prominence both in politics and the media, and every single one of them should be sued for as much money as they can get.  People, especially prominent people, need to learn that you can't hurl baseless accusations about people simply because you don't like them and expect to face no consequences.  You think the Sandman incident would have taught them something, but the far left is really feeling themselves right now and that's when people tend to go too far.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 09:49 PM)treee Wrote: The ok symbol is not exclusively a white supremacists symbol, but it is one white supremacists certainly use. I personally associate it with the punching game but there are others that use it as a signal to other white supremacists.

Edit: it went from troll job -> used ironically -> used unironically just like many troll jobs before it.

The amount of people who use it in that fashion are absolutely dwarfed by those who use it ironically to "trigger the libs".
Reply/Quote
My final word on the trial itself. I am pleased to see that facts won out over feelings, or as Bel put it, "the gut feeling". There was never enough evidence, or rather there was a lot of evidence against, charging him as he was in the first place. So kudos to the jury for making the correct decision.

I will close by pointing out that Rittenhouse's emotional reaction to the verdict looked identical to his emotional reaction on the stand. So either he was faking it both times or people who accused him of faking before should really be ashamed of themselves.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 09:41 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Don’t know why it took 3 days to end in a not guilty verdict.

I think they were just trying to be thorough. 

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 01:57 PM)Dill Wrote: Lesson to the press.

Maybe some of those channels will think twice now before running segments on the judge's behavior. 

Press should not be allowed in court if they are going to show us how judges really behave. 

I'm going to limit my response to this; your posts and conduct in this thread have been very eye opening.  I guess when the facts don't support your position then snark and sarcasm is the best recourse left.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 10:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think they were just trying to be thorough. 

I agree.  There's part of me that wants to think that the delay was intentional so no one could say they rushed their decision.  But that, of course, is pure conjecture on my part.
Reply/Quote