Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyle Van Noy
Dolphins surprisingly released him. Bengals should go after him
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 05:04 PM)Trademark Wrote: Dolphins surprisingly released him. Bengals should go after him

this was another classic bad dolphins contract.... hope he got a lot upfront.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 05:28 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: this was another classic bad dolphins contract.... hope he got a lot upfront.

agreed, hes better then what we have except for Lawson maybe
how much would he cost?
Reply/Quote
He'll be way too expensive. Were better off drafting another one as I think Logan Wilson steps up this year, and don't rule out us re-signing Bynes.
Reply/Quote
I was about to say "I haven't heard that name in awhile, how is he still in the league?" before realizing I was confusing him with Kyle Vanden Bosch.

I wouldn't hate him as a much much cheaper alternative to keeping Lawson. Just as like a 2 year bridge to finding a pass rusher in the draft next year or the year after.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 07:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I was about to say "I haven't heard that name in awhile, how is he still in the league?" before realizing I was confusing him with Kyle Vanden Bosch.

I wouldn't hate him as a much much cheaper alternative to keeping Lawson. Just as like a 2 year bridge to finding a pass rusher in the draft next year or the year after.

As a replacement for Lawson yikes I sure hope not. There is no pass rush ability to van noys game.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 09:27 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: As a replacement for Lawson yikes I sure hope not.  There is no pass rush ability to van noys game.

As a much much cheaper replacement for Lawson. I am not expecting the guy to be a Pro Bowler, but I am also expecting absolutely nothing from the Anarumo-led defense, so he'd basically be a placeholder until 2022 when they can afford the draft picks/FA $ to address it properly. This offseason's priority need to be OL, OL, and OL.

Also...

Van Noy: 6.0 sacks
Lawson: 5.5 sacks

Van Noy: 6.5 sacks

I know there's some people who salivate over Lawson's QB hits, but at the end of the day it's not like Lawson is finishing plays. I think if Van Noy prepared this offseason/preseason to be a DE, he could probably add another 5+ pounds. He's only 15 pounds lighter than Lawson and Hubbard. He's also someone who can reliably play over 75% of the defensive snaps.

I'd take him for 2yr/$10-12m.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 10:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: As a much much cheaper replacement for Lawson. I am not expecting the guy to be a Pro Bowler, but I am also expecting absolutely nothing from the Anarumo-led defense, so he'd basically be a placeholder until 2022 when they can afford the draft picks/FA $ to address it properly. This offseason's priority need to be OL, OL, and OL.

Also...

Van Noy: 6.0 sacks

Van Noy: 6.5 sacks

I know there's some people who salivate over Lawson's QB hits, but at the end of the day it's not like Lawson is finishing plays. I think if Van Noy prepared this offseason/preseason to be a DE, he could probably add another 5+ pounds. He's only 15 pounds lighter than Lawson and Hubbard. He's also someone who can reliably play over 75% of the defensive snaps.

I'd take him for 2yr/$10-12m.
the guy also brings 2 Superbowls under his belt and from what Ive seen, can still get to QB. 
Reply/Quote
If we can get him for reasonable money something similar to what Bynes got last year, go for it.

This guy makes a lot of plays, always around the ball and is smart.
Reply/Quote