Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyler Murray
If he were to choose Football over Baseball would you draft him in the first?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2018, 07:27 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: If he were to choose Football over Baseball would you draft him in the first?
Only if we had a completely new coaching staff.

Sent from my N9517 using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
No. He's not better than Haskins or tua
Reply/Quote
Moot point now that he is under contract for a $4.66 million contract to play baseball. And if he did stay with football, he would struggle a bit because of his height of <5'-10". That's a tough row to hoe in the NFL.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 09:49 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Moot point now that he is under contract for a $4.66 million contract to play baseball. And if he did stay with football, he would struggle a bit because of his height of <5'-10". That's a tough row to hoe in the NFL.

I don't know that it is completely moot.  On one of the sports shows, a couple weeks ago, they were talking about he would just have to pay back any monies received, in order to restore his amateur eligibility.  I do agree with you on being skeptical of his chances as an NFL QB.  Not sure if he would have any interest in transitioning to receiver.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 10:14 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know that it is completely moot.  On one of the sports shows, a couple weeks ago, they were talking about he would just have to pay back any monies received, in order to restore his amateur eligibility.  I do agree with you on being skeptical of his chances as an NFL QB.  Not sure if he would have any interest in transitioning to receiver.

And this from day before yesterday: https://www.sfgate.com/athletics/article/Kyler-Murray-s-agent-A-s-pick-will-fulfill-13447657.php

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 10:26 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: And this from day before yesterday: https://www.sfgate.com/athletics/article/Kyler-Murray-s-agent-A-s-pick-will-fulfill-13447657.php

Depending on where he is drafted he could get more money in the NFL.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 06:27 AM)Jpoore Wrote: No. He's not better than Haskins or tua

How is that relevant? Just because he isn't better than Haskins doesn't mean he isn't draftable. Also Tua isn't coming out this year so he is irrelevant to the discussion.
J24

Reply/Quote
1. I'd say there's way more of a chance he sticks with baseball.

2. I'm not real sure his game translates to the NFL as a QB.

So - NO
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 01:05 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Depending on where he is drafted he could get more money in the NFL.

That is possible, but NFL contracts aren't guaranteed like MLB's. Regardless of what he actually wants to play, my team isn't drafting a 5'-9.5" QB. 

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 01:56 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: That is possible, but NFL contracts aren't guaranteed like MLB's. Regardless of what he actually wants to play, my team isn't drafting a 5'-9.5" QB. 

Lamar Jackson got a guranteed 9.5 million dollar at signing past draft and he was the 32nd pick. 
Secondly then height doesn't really bother me more concerned about his girth and muscle build. 
He is accurate with a quick release, strong arm, and he his highly Athletic.  Which is more important than height to me.
J24

Reply/Quote
Nope.  He's not a first round type of QB.  His frame may not hold up well and his deep accuracy isn't great.  
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 09:57 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Nope.  He's not a first round type of QB.  His frame may not hold up well and his deep accuracy isn't great.  

His frame is fine, he is actually thicker than people think, it's his height that is a concern. I'd say he is Doug Flutie, listed at 5'10 but in reality probably shorter. He could make it work, but I have more concerns about his actual accuracy than this physical attributes. I think he is getting a bump from Mayfield and his success, but Mayfield was actually a better passer. I'm not interested in him but I think some team will be and he could end up getting drafted. 
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 03:53 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Lamar Jackson got a guranteed 9.5 million dollar at signing past draft and he was the 32nd pick. 
Secondly then height doesn't really bother me more concerned about his girth and muscle build. 
He is accurate with a quick release, strong arm, and he his highly Athletic.  Which is more important than height to me.

Mahomes got $16.4 million. And the really cool thing is he will see most of the receivers he passes to ....  Ninja

You are correct though. Height does not mean success. I just think lack of height makes it a little more difficult at that position. 

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2018, 07:27 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: If he were to choose Football over Baseball would you draft him in the first?

I don't see him being nearly as successful at QB in the NFL as he is in college. He's listed in college at 5'10", 198 lbs. Might end up being 5'9" if measured at Combine (most players measure about 1" shorter from their college listing). I know some shorter QBs have made it work due to their scrambling abilities, but they aren't THAT short (not anymore). I don't think there's a single QB that is under 200 lbs either. He'd almost certainly have to move to RB/WR if he were to play in the NFL.

He'd be better off with baseball not only because of above but because of (far) less injury risk, longevity in the sport, fully guaranteed contracts, and bigger contracts in general.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 01:11 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: How is that relevant? Just because he isn't better than Haskins doesn't mean he isn't draftable. Also Tua isn't coming out this year so he is irrelevant to the discussion.
U asked would I draft him in the first? I said no bc he isn't better than Haskins or tua who he is compared to.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 03:40 PM)Jpoore Wrote: U asked would I draft him in the first? I said no bc he isn't better than Haskins or tua who he is compared to.
1.)Tua isn't even in the draft  2.) There more QBs in the draft that get drafted in the first then one. so if Haskins is drafted before we're up(Which is likely); then Kyler Murray may be the best option available. It would probably be between him, the kid from Oregon, and Grier.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 07:15 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 1.)Tua isn't even in the draft  2.) There more QBs in the draft that get drafted in the first then one. so if Haskins is drafted before we're up(Which is likely); then Kyler Murray may be the best option available. It would probably be between him, the kid from Oregon, and Grier.
Mute point anyway bc he is unable to sign with a NFL team.
Reply/Quote
If Marv thought Manziel was a midget at six foot, what would he think of Murray?

He's not NFL QB material. He should stick to baseball.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 08:22 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Mute point anyway bc he is unable to sign with a NFL team.

He is able  to sign with an NFL team; He might not want to but he is allowed to.
J24

Reply/Quote