Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Mock w/ Two Trades
TRADES:

TRADE PARTNER:
WASHINGTON REDSKINS: Gruden gets a QB he is familiar with that is proven, and we get a decent haul for our starting QB... you know the drill, new coach, new QB.  (note: we sign Bridgewater on a 3 year deal to be a bridge QB)

SENT:
• ANDY DALTON
RECEIVED:
• ROUND: 2 PICK: 14
• ROUND: 3 PICK: 32

TRADE PARTNER:
MINNESOTA VIKINGS: Zimmer reaches out for a trade to move up and grab the top OL prospect left on the board.  Brown obliges, and we move back 6 spots.

BENGALS SENT:
• ROUND: 1 PICK: 11
BENGALS RECEIVED:
• ROUND: 1 PICK: 18
• ROUND: 4 PICK: 18

DRAFT:

18: R1P18
    DL DEXTER LAWRENCE
    CLEMSON

42: R2P10
    OT DALTON RISNER
    KANSAS STATE
46: R2P14
    LB MACK WILSON
    ALABAMA

72: R3P8
    S CHAUNCEY GARDNER-JOHNSON
    FLORIDA
96: R3P32
    TE CJ CONRAD
    KENTUCKY

110: R4P8
    LB TE'VON CONEY
    NOTRE DAME
120: R4P18
    CB IMAN MARSHAL
    USC

150: R5P11
    QB TYREE JACKSON
    BUFFALO

185: R6P10
    EDGE CECE JEFFERSON
    FLORIDA
201: R6P26
    DL JOHN COMINSKY
    CHARLESTON
212: R6P37
    G MARTEZ IVEY
   FLORIDA
214: R6P39
    WR DAMARKUS LODGE
    MISSISSIPPI
216: R6P41
    CB ALIJAH HOLDER
    STANFORD

225: R7P9
    TE BRANDON FRITTS
    NORTH CAROLINA

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Problem with this is Dalton will absolutely kill the Redskins cap. Smith isn't retiring because of all the Guranteed money in his contract.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I don't see the Bengals trading Dalton this year.

Secondly, we need the best OL prospect on the board when we draft or the best LB on the board when we draft, so I don't see us dropping back from the 11 pick. We'll get a very good player at that draft spot unless we let Mikey do one of his panic picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:10 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: TRADES:

TRADE PARTNER:
WASHINGTON REDSKINS: Gruden gets a QB he is familiar with that is proven, and we get a decent haul for our starting QB... you know the drill, new coach, new QB.  (note: we sign Bridgewater on a 3 year deal to be a bridge QB)

I could see the Bengals trading Dalton, but I think it would not be until they have their replacement QB in place and given him at least a year behind Dalton. That could be Bridgewater, it could be a draft pick, or it could be both. Bridgewater shouldn't really be considered a true veteran QB...he's only had 29 starts. With that said, I'd take Bridgewater over any of these QBs in this draft class, and I think Zac Taylor is the type of guy that can turn him into a stud given his experience as a QB coach.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 10:37 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't see the Bengals trading Dalton this year.

Secondly, we need the best OL prospect on the board when we draft or the best LB on the board when we draft, so I don't see us dropping back from the 11 pick. We'll get a very good player at that draft spot unless we let Mikey do one of his panic picks.

I could definitely see a move back for a couple reasons:

1.  We need to get a starting OG as well.  A 2nd or 3rd rounder would help a lot (whether we stay there or use it to move up)
2.  Our primary need is at RT.  #11 could be a little rich for getting that guy.  You might be able to get the #1 RT in the 15-20 range.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 02:52 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I could definitely see a move back for a couple reasons:

1.  We need to get a starting OG as well.  A 2nd or 3rd rounder would help a lot (whether we stay there or use it to move up)
2.  Our primary need is at RT.  #11 could be a little rich for getting that guy.  You might be able to get the #1 RT in the 15-20 range.

Very good points.

Reply/Quote