Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyler Murray
His style of play will involve some collisions. If he were bigger, I would love him.

But his size is a big hindrance with his style of play.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 01:28 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: His style of play will involve some collisions. If he were bigger, I would love him.

But his size is a big hindrance with his style of play.

I think he's RG3 2.0.  He will look great for a year, maybe 2, then nosedive as the injuries pile up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 10:50 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He is able  to sign with an NFL team; He might not want to but he is allowed to.

Kyler Murray's contract with the athletics states that if he declares for the NFL draft he is owed 50 percent of his contract, minimum of 8 million and termination of mlb contract but still own the rights to him. A NFL team can draft him but cannot sign him to a contract bc the A's own his rights.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 02:24 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Kyler Murray's contract with the athletics states that if he declares for the NFL draft he is owed 50 percent of his contract, minimum of 8 million and termination of mlb contract but still own the rights to him. A NFL team can draft him but cannot sign him to a contract bc the A's own his rights.

They owe his baseball rights like he can't sign with another MLB team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2018, 01:41 AM)Whatever Wrote: I think he's RG3 2.0.  He will look great for a year, maybe 2, then nosedive as the injuries pile up.

Yep. Talented player with a high floor. But I don't see him doing too well in the NFL due to his size.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 07:30 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Yep. Talented player with a high floor. But I don't see him doing too well in the NFL due to his size.

Doug Flutie was 5'10, it's not unheard of. He is deceptively thick compared to RG3 and Lamar Jackson, maybe could add 10 pounds or so but not a huge issue. He came out of the same system as Mayfield so the play style thing I don't see. He is pegged as this runner, but he only ran 123 times this year which was only 30 more times than Mayfield did his last year at OU. His arm strength is NFL quality and his ability to move inside the pocket and keep his eyes downfield make him a plus for a team with a bad line. 

More teams are adopting air raid principals and as we have seen from Mahomes and Mayfield's success coming out of those offenses it is translating. With Mahomes Mania sweeping the league if Murray declares he will be in the discussion for to be QB1 when it's all said and done. 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 11:39 AM)Au165 Wrote: Doug Flutie was 5'10, it's not unheard of. He is deceptively thick compared to RG3 and Lamar Jackson, maybe could add 10 pounds or so but not a huge issue. He came out of the same system as Mayfield so the play style thing I don't see. He is pegged as this runner, but he only ran 123 times this year which was only 30 more times than Mayfield did his last year at OU. His arm strength is NFL quality and his ability to move inside the pocket and keep his eyes downfield make him a plus for a team with a bad line. 

More teams are adopting air raid principals and as we have seen from Mahomes and Mayfield's success coming out of those offenses it is translating. With Mahomes Mania sweeping the league if Murray declares he will be in the discussion for to be QB1 when it's all said and done. 

Doug Flutie also made his NFL debut in 1986. And only last 5 seasons before having to go to the CFL for the next 8 years. Flutie only ever played one full 16 game season in his 12 seasons in the NFL. He started 66 games.

Yes. Mayfield ran 30 less times than Murray did in his final season.
But also Mayfield attempted WAY more passes throughout his career.
Mayfield's lowest pass attempts is also Murray's highest (340).

Yes. Murray is a talent. No one is denying that. But put on tape of Mayfield and Murray and there's a distinct difference.
Kyler Murray is listed at 5-9, 195 lbs.
Bakey Mayfield is 6-2, 220 lbs.
You brought up Mahomes, who is 6-3, 230 lbs.

Russell Wilson could be a closer representation when it comes to "size". He's 5-11, 205 lbs.

If Murray goes into the NFL, he's going to have some struggles. Does he have the ability to be a great player? Absolutely. The talent is there.
But he's going to take hits. Are you able to put your trust into a 5-9, 195 lbs QB's body to hold up with the kinds of hits he's going to take?
That's what GMs will have to think about.
High risk. High reward.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 12:05 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Doug Flutie also made his NFL debut in 1986. And only last 5 seasons before having to go to the CFL for the next 8 years. Flutie only ever played one full 16 game season in his 12 seasons in the NFL. He started 66 games.

Yes. Mayfield ran 30 less times than Murray did in his final season.
But also Mayfield attempted WAY more passes throughout his career.
Mayfield's lowest pass attempts is also Murray's highest (340).

Yes. Murray is a talent. No one is denying that. But put on tape of Mayfield and Murray and there's a distinct difference.
Kyler Murray is listed at 5-9, 195 lbs.
Bakey Mayfield is 6-2, 220 lbs.
You brought up Mahomes, who is 6-3, 230 lbs.

Russell Wilson could be a closer representation when it comes to "size". He's 5-11, 205 lbs.

If Murray goes into the NFL, he's going to have some struggles. Does he have the ability to be a great player? Absolutely. The talent is there.
But he's going to take hits. Are you able to put your trust into a 5-9, 195 lbs QB's body to hold up with the kinds of hits he's going to take?
That's what GMs will have to think about.
High risk. High reward.

My point about Flutie was it can be done at that height. The thing is the height issue used to be about short QB's taking 3 step drops from under center and being able to see over their own lines, with so much done from Shotgun or Pistol now it really isn't that big a deal. At OU his shortest O Linemen was 6'4, so he will see similar sized lines in the NFL to work behind. As for injury, I can show you 6'5 QB's who also never played full seasons because of injury I will continue to say as long as he is about 205 he will be fine. In the case of taking blows it's not so much height as much as thickness.

Correct, but again he isn't the running QB people act like he is which was again my point here. The other point being he played out of the same Air Raid and Run offense Mayfield played in, and similar to Mahomes, and it has translated fine for them.

The reason I brought up Mahomes though is really the arm talent, both have pro baseball arm talent which is what people want (Mahomes slightly stronger). If I put on tape of Mahomes last year at Texas Tech though you will see a whole lot of Murray this year.

QB's don't take hits in the NFL like they used to, he isn't going to run for the sake of run in the NFL like they are doing with Lamar Jackson. The guy moves through the pocket to find throwing lanes and gets the ball out before taking a lot of hits. 
Reply/Quote
Murray is going to baseball people, stop.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 04:16 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Murray is going to baseball people, stop.

I believe he will leverage like John Elway, basically telling all the teams he has no interest in playing for he is going Baseball if they draft him but would play for a couple select teams. The whole "more money" thing of baseball has been disproved repeatedly in multiple places so I'm not going to dive into that again. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 04:16 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Murray is going to baseball people, stop.

How do you know this? If he is drafted in the first Rd he would get more money than his baseball contract. Plus it will take him about 2 to 3 years in the minors plus another 6 years after that to reach free agency. In the NFL it would take him 4 or 5 years to get to free agency. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 12:22 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: They owe his baseball rights like he can't sign with another MLB team.

Incorrect. He cannot sign a contract with another professsional sports team.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 11:42 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Incorrect. He cannot sign a contract with another professsional sports team.

You would be wrong...

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 04:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: I believe he will leverage like John Elway, basically telling all the teams he has no interest in playing for he is going Baseball if they draft him but would play for a couple select teams. The whole "more money" thing of baseball has been disproved repeatedly in multiple places so I'm not going to dive into that again. 

We'll see; I'm only saying what I said above because...

(12-20-2018, 04:51 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: How do you know this? If he is drafted in the first Rd he would get more money than his baseball contract. Plus it will take him about 2 to 3 years in the minors plus another 6 years after that to reach free agency. In the NFL it would take him 4 or 5 years to get to free agency. 

... because during the OU/TEX game this year, the commentators quoted him as saying that he has no interest and is going to baseball, that's why.

Watch college Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2018, 11:01 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We'll see; I'm only saying what I said above because...

... because during the OU/TEX game this year, the commentators quoted him as saying that he has no interest and is going to baseball, that's why.

Watch college Wink

I heard an analyst say that NFL GM's are telling him that his parents have told a bunch of teams that he would play FB if he was drafted in the right slot to the right team i.e. good situation and with enough guaranteed. 
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2018, 11:06 AM)Au165 Wrote: I heard an analyst say that NFL GM's are telling him that his parents have told a bunch of teams that he would play FB if he was drafted in the right slot to the right team i.e. good situation and with enough guaranteed. 

True, it is hearsay either way, but the exact same commentator (believe it was Herbstreit) said something about Mixon in his last regular season game (or bowl, can't remember), before he came out, about something Mixon said and that people shouldn't judge him on his past, that hes a changed man and "hearing him speak, he will make a fantastic back in the league, etc." And he was bang on.

These college guys know their stuff.
Reply/Quote
His height may just be too much to overlook. Smaller then Wilson. His arm strength is there, and he has NFL poise.

How different of a prospect is he then Quinton Flowers? Who the NFL forced to play another position.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 01:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: His height may just be too much to overlook. Smaller then Wilson. His arm strength is there, and he has NFL poise.

How different of a prospect is he then Quinton Flowers? Who the NFL forced to play another position.

Completely different, not even in the same world. Flowers was forced to play another position because his passing skills would not translate to the NFL. Murray is still an NFL QB talent and based on some things I saw today I think he will declare for the NFL draft.
Reply/Quote