Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LAZOR'S FIRST HOME GAME
I like the improved offense against Packers and Browns. I like that Lazor has coached under Joe Gibbs, Mike Holmgren, Jim Mora, and with Chip Kelly. I liked that Forret Gregg was from Vince Lombardi and Zimmer was from Bill Parcells also. Most of Paul Browns coaches in Cleveland and Cincinnati went on to be top coaches. The late 50's Giants coach had Vince Lombardi and Tom Landry as coaches who went on to great careers. .....Lazor wasted no time doing things his way. The team is lining up quicker, faster, more hurry up. He is using the speed of the young O Linemen like Big Og on sweeps and screen. He is getting more use of all the RBs and all the WR's and TE's.....Plays are coming quick and fast and for a reason. Less confusion. He is calling some wide open plays during games.....Lazor is a great quarterback coach and he is restoring the confidence back into our Pro Bowl Andy Dalton with sharp crisp short passes giving Andy more confidence in his deep ball game.

The wicky wacky split O Line plays of Hue and Zampese seem to be gone. All that lining tackles up with WR and then Dalton often having to call them back to the line was WAY TOO SLOW. Lazor against Packers and Browns was an attack Quicker, Faster,. Not Wyche Hurry Up, but pretty fast, which to me watching Bengals in Super Bowls is great. Speed it up, run the plays sharp and quick. Don't let the D run players in and out and have 30 seconds reading our O Line formation. Attack, Attack, Attack.

So I like the Lazor Offense against Packers and Browns and that he brings some Joe Gibbs and Mike Holmgren and Chip Kelly to this team. Out with the old Hue and Zampese and in with the New....Good Luck to Lazor Offense tomorrow and this offense getting better each game using Dalton, Green and all these weapons. I saw one huge difference already. Against Baltimore and Houston Dalton and Green on sidelines confused getting no help, all alone. Against Packers and Browns Lazor right there going over things with Dalton on sidelines. Unlike Zampese, Lazor is with Dalton on the sidelines and Dalton no longer has that deer caught in the headlights look. Do not under estimate Dalton now has a great QB coach in Lazor working with him on the sidelines instead of Dalton all alone and confused. ......GO BENGALS.........Under Zamp, no TDS and 9 points in 2 games...Under Lazor 55 points in 2 games, so I see improvement already.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2017, 02:36 PM)kevin Wrote: Lazor 55 points in 2 games, so I see improvement already.

Lazor looks to have had a positive impact, which is great. However, what it ultimately comes down to is execution, and I don't think we have the horses up front to win more than 50% of our games, plus Bad Andy will make a few more appearances along the way.

FWIW, the offense has not scored 55 points under him.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Small sample size but definite improvement over Zamp.
Reply/Quote
He has my blessing so far. When you live a term of Bratkowsk and then a term of Zampese? That's way to much shit in a football fans life.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
sunday vs. the Bills is huge...
gonna rain all game, so that sounds like a lot or running plays....for both teams....

our offense HAS TO run the ball well, move the chains....score a few TD's & not be too conservative going for FG's when it may be 4th & a yard or two....

I almost see the next 2 games as make or break for this season....both must wins
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2017, 11:19 PM)Steve Wrote: sunday vs. the Bills is huge...
gonna rain all game, so that sounds like a lot or running plays....for both teams....

our offense HAS TO  run the ball well, move the chains....score a few TD's & not be too conservative going for FG's when it may be 4th & a yard or two....

I almost see the next 2 games as make or break for this season....both must wins

Agree,

At 1-3 this teams margin for error is paper thin, already. 3 more losses is tops to have any chance for a wildcard ! There's just to many decent AFC teams to have any real hope at more than 6 losses.

So yes this is basically a must win. To be honest I'd say our playoff chances are very extremely small.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 12:48 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree,

At 1-3 this teams margin for error is paper thin, already. 3 more losses is tops to have any chance for a wildcard ! There's just to many decent AFC teams to have any real hope at more than 6 losses.

So yes this is basically a must win. To be honest I'd say our playoff chances are very extremely small.

Agreed.

That being said, nobody has been that impressive in our division this year. Pittsburgh was supposed to have a super high powered offense, and everyone has been let down by that. I think if we get this win, go into Pittsburgh, our chances definitely look up right. I think a win here increases our win percentage to at least 10-15% more. A loss here? I don't see the season getting much better.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 06:49 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Agreed.

That being said, nobody has been that impressive in our division this year. Pittsburgh was supposed to have a super high powered offense, and everyone has been let down by that. I think if we get this win, go into Pittsburgh, our chances definitely look up right. I think a win here increases our win percentage to at least 10-15% more. A loss here? I don't see the season getting much better.

Yeah, if we lose today, it's pretty difficult to imagine any sort of comeback.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 07:26 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yeah, if we lose today, it's pretty difficult to imagine any sort of comeback.

Limited hope especially with us heading to Pittsburgh after a bye. Definitely a must win situation. I hope Marvin preps everyone to believe that.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 07:26 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yeah, if we lose today, it's pretty difficult to imagine any sort of comeback.

Very difficult indeed

Lazor better have a really good plan A and plan B maybe even a C ready. We really need this one to have anything resembling a season left.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 07:40 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Very difficult indeed

Lazor better have a really good plan A and plan B maybe even a C ready. We really need this one to have anything resembling a season left.

A blowout victory over Bills and Steelers would make me feel confident.

Reply/Quote
He came through again today. Is Zampese sitting at home watching, thinking, Wow, I really do suck.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 07:11 PM)McC Wrote: He came through again today.  Is Zampese sitting at home watching, thinking, Wow, I really do suck.

What works? Throw the ball deep to AJ Green.

What Zampese didn't do? Throw the ball deep to AJ Green.
Reply/Quote
Lazor has to ditch the scheduled outside runs. Defenses see it coming and snuff it. Puts us in 2nd/3rd and long too often. We are a piss poor outside run team. Our WRs cant block. Our tackles are bad at it too. It has to stop.
Reply/Quote
I really think a lot of WC offense short passes to RB's would work better than runs.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 07:52 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Lazor has to ditch the scheduled outside runs. Defenses see it coming and snuff it. Puts us in 2nd/3rd and long too often. We are a piss poor outside run team. Our WRs cant block. Our tackles are bad at it too. It has to stop.

Totally agree ! I'd bet our per carry average on the pitches and sweeps is less than 2 yards.
Reply/Quote
Dalton with Zampese

36-66-394-0-4
47.2 passer rating
54.5% complete
5.97 yards per attempt

Dalton in 3 games with Lazor

68-93-826-7-2
116.2 passer rating
73.1% complete
8.88 yards per attempt

He went from playing like Akili Smith to playing like Aaron Rodgers.

Our scoring average went from 4.5 PPG (18.6 PPG in all 18 games Zampese coached) to 25.0 PPG under Lazor. Even with a bad line and non-existent run game, he's still finding ways to score just using Dalton, Green, Kroft, etc. 20 points on a strong Bills defense today. It's time people admit that Lazor at least is passing his early tests with flying colors.

Lazor is having the same type of impact that Jim Bob Cooter had on the Lions and Matt Stafford in 2015. At the time, fans wanted Stafford benched, the line was a disaster and the team was falling apart. Since starting 1-6 that year, the Lions have an 18-12 record with Cooter, and Stafford has obviously been revitalized.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 09:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dalton with Zampese

36-66-394-0-4
47.2 passer rating
54.5% complete
5.97 yards per attempt

68-93-826-7-2
116.2 passer rating
73.1% complete
8.88 yards per attempt

Our scoring average went from 4.5 PPG (18.6 PPG in all 18 games Zampese coached) to 25.0 PPG under Lazor. Even with a bad line and non-existent run game, he's still finding ways to score just using Dalton, Green, Kroft, etc. 20 points on a strong Bills defense today. It's time people admit that Lazor at least is passing his early tests with flying colors.

Lazor is having the same type of impact that Jim Bob Cooter had on the Lions and Matt Stafford in 2015. At the time, fans wanted Stafford benched, the line was a disaster and the team was falling apart. Since starting 1-6 that year, the Lions have an 18-12 record with Cooter, and Stafford has obviously been revitalized.

I've been calling for Zampese's head since about midway thru last season ! How it isn't obvious to anybody who's watching that the Zmeister had no clue what he was doing ???? How Mike and Marvin let it go on for so long is even more puzzling ? But you could fill volumes with questionable decisions by Mike and Marv.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 09:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've been calling for Zampese's head since about midway thru last season ! How it isn't obvious to anybody who's watching that the Zmeister had no clue what he was doing ???? How Mike and Marvin let it go on for so long is even more puzzling ? But you could fill volumes with questionable decisions by Mike and Marv.

I just think a lot of people were right when they said it was a lazy hire.

No previous experience. Passed over twice for Jay and Hue. No one else sniffed him despite working with Palmer and Dalton. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 09:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dalton with Zampese

36-66-394-0-4
47.2 passer rating
54.5% complete
5.97 yards per attempt

68-93-826-7-2
116.2 passer rating
73.1% complete
8.88 yards per attempt

Wow. Impossible to argue with those numbers.

re: Zampese - Gruden left. Hue replaced him. Hue left...they promoted Zampese. At some point Management has to realize that not every position coach is a potential coordinator. You can't just slide the next guy into a higher position.
Reply/Quote