Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What could Mike, Marv and Dalton do to sway your opinion of them?
(08-11-2015, 12:22 PM)kevin Wrote: Proof that you are wrong is The Bengals have Prime Time Games now......The media doesn't put lousy teams on in Prime Time, or tries not to......Sure, maybe some people still don't give the Bengals any respect. ...Just as some people like Hitler, some people have never read a book, some people do this, some people do that.  I can't worry about  " Some People "......I would say the network execs having the Bengals in Prime Time the last few years is a huge change from when the network execs threw up at the idea of THE BUNGLES in Prime Time.  Cincy Fans use to wonder why no Prime Time, but not me, the team was awful.

That's not proof that I'm wrong at all.

You said "nobody calls them the Bungles". I stated that yes, some people do, it's just a smaller amount of people than 15 years ago.

Now you're saying you don't care about "some people", acknowledging that some people DO have the Bungles perception of the team, which they do. As I said, it's just turned into "who care if they make the playoffs, what are the Bungles going to do when they get there?" instead of just laughing that we can't sniff the postseason ala the 90's.

Don't make false, broad, outlandish statements if you don't want anyone mentioning that you're being ridiculous and flat out incorrect.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 12:15 PM)xavierdude Wrote: aside from a couple of teams like the Browns..it is almost impossbile to run a "bad franchise " in the NFL..there is a very thin line between winners and losers, the owners make a great deal of money

Marvin should have been dismissed after losing to san diego two years ago in the playoffs

I wouldn't fire someone who turned around the worst franchise in the NFL, and has turned that same worst franchise in the NFL into a team in the play-offs 50 % of the time in his 12 seasons.  Granted, 4 were the last 4 years, but this was the worst team in the NFL, and needed years to turn this flop of a team around. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Why fire Marvin?

Nobody wants to go back to drinking Crystal Pepsi and watching Nickelodeon Guts.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 12:27 PM)djs7685 Wrote: That's not proof that I'm wrong at all.

You said "nobody calls them the Bungles". I stated that yes, some people do, it's just a smaller amount of people than 15 years ago.

Now you're saying you don't care about "some people", acknowledging that some people DO have the Bungles perception of the team, which they do. As I said, it's just turned into "who care if they make the playoffs, what are the Bungles going to do when they get there?" instead of just laughing that we can't sniff the postseason ala the 90's.

Don't make false, broad, outlandish statements if you don't want anyone mentioning that you're being ridiculous and flat out incorrect.
Well, you are just knit picking.....This is NOT THE BUNGLES anymore and most in the media agree with that. It would be silly not to. ....again, I don't give a flying duck about west Pennsylvania. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I think Mike has already somewhat changed my opinion just by giving up some of his power to Katie and Marvin, especially in drafting personnel. Of course, I would also love to see a practice facility but it probably won't happen during MB's lifetime.

Marvin: Would love if he showed more fire. The blank expression does not inspire anybody.

Andy: I think he's a good quarterback who sometimes melts down in pressure situations, so the obvious way to change my opinion of him is to learn to handle the big games better.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dalton.

Min. 3 starts, He has the worst career playoff rating of any QB in nfl history. 57

To me, that's telling.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 12:35 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Why fire Marvin?

Nobody wants to go back to drinking Crystal Pepsi and watching Nickelodeon Guts.

Speak for yourself!  Moira Quirk in spandex never goes outta style!
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 09:35 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: Dalton.

Min. 3 starts, He has the worst career playoff rating of any QB in nfl history. 57

To me, that's telling.

Hey now, can't set records for playoff futility without making the playoffs...right?
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 09:35 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: Dalton.

To me, that's telling.

Drew Bledsoe had 6 career playoff starts with a 54.9 passer rating. That's just one off the top of my head. Dalton has been bad, but why would you completely make stuff up?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 02:48 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Drew Bledsoe had 6 career playoff starts with a 54.9 passer rating. That's just one off the top of my head. Dalton has been bad, but why would you completely make stuff up?

6 INTs, 1 TD and something like 4 FUMs is nothing to write home about. These stats are what get fingers pointed at him, fairly or unfairly.

But when we talk about playoffs it's more on the HC and owner, both of whom haven't shown much in terms of inspiring anyone.

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 02:48 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Drew Bledsoe had 6 career playoff starts with a 54.9 passer rating. That's just one off the top of my head. Dalton has been bad, but why would you completely make stuff up?

Because he's a bad troll account. 
Reply/Quote
Mike

Practice Facility

Honor Bengals Legends. It may not be important to Mike to honor Bengals history but it sure is to the players and the fans

Hold position coaches accountable. Isn't it funny how Guenther rose through our coaching staff so quickly and guys like the Hayes brothers and Zampese haven't even been interviewed for coordinator positions within the organization. Sounds like we know most of the position coaches aren't promotion material. Hell we had to give Hue Jackson a coaching position on the side of the ball he knew the least about for a season because we couldn't fire one of the long standing position coaches.

Marvin

Get the team to play consistently. Say what you want about Andy but consistency was still an issue with a whole different locker room

Learn to cut guys loose. How many times has Hamilton and Ghee bounced back to us after we thought they were gone? I don't mind second chances and giving a player time to develop but we've been hearing a lot of talk about Hamilton or Ghee are lighting it up during camp and it only amounted to hot air and wasted time that could've been used on a different prospect. I know Hamilton is gone now but we're doing the same thing with Greg Little.

Win a playoff game.

Andy

Cut back on the interceptions.

Win a playoff game.

Play with some consistency.
Reply/Quote