Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LB Core ranked 3rd overall according to PFF
Linebackers and boy I am excited to type this one out:

Logan Wilson: 8th overall
Germaine Pratt: 16th overall
Davis-Gaither: 20th overall

The Cincinnati Bengals have 3 LBs in the top-25 highest graded in the NFL.

LB room rank in 2020: 29th
LB room rank in 2021: 3rd

https://twitter.com/PFF_AndrewR/status/1445015672375885827?s=19
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
That's a great coaching job by the linebackers coach..
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 01:31 AM)J24 Wrote: Linebackers and boy I am excited to type this one out:

Logan Wilson: 8th overall
Germaine Pratt: 16th overall
Davis-Gaither: 20th overall

The Cincinnati Bengals have 3 LBs in the top-25 highest graded in the NFL.

LB room rank in 2020: 29th
LB room rank in 2021: 3rd

https://twitter.com/PFF_AndrewR/status/1445015672375885827?s=19

I think the d-line not getting obliterated has really helped the LB core. Reader being healthy has been excellent. Tupou's return has been welcome. Our NT's have been excellent. Ogunjobi & Hill at 3T have also been very good. I think everyone but Reader is a FA. We may have to pay some guys next year.  

Still, the jump from all 3 is exciting. Especially Wilson. 
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 12:17 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think the d-line not getting obliterated has really helped the LB core. Reader being healthy has been excellent. Tupou's return has been welcome. Our NT's have been excellent. Ogunjobi & Hill at 3T have also been very good. I think everyone but Reader is a FA. We may have to pay some guys next year.  

I could never figure out why Wilson wasn't getting more playing time last year. He was showing flashes all year. But you're right... The D line has been very disruptive so far this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 12:17 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think the d-line not getting obliterated has really helped the LB core. Reader being healthy has been excellent. Tupou's return has been welcome. Our NT's have been excellent. Ogunjobi & Hill at 3T have also been very good. I think everyone but Reader is a FA. We may have to pay some guys next year.  

I think Larry O is a must signing and I hope we can retain Hill. I think we have Shelvin to replace Topou. 
 I may get some flack but I think we overpaid a bit for Hubbard especially if Ossai comes back and is what we think he is...but all in all he is a great team player and makes solid plays.    
Reply/Quote
I said it last year after the draft, "The Bengals fixed their LB corps". Pratt was entering his second year, and going into 2020, TEs on 3rd down were still the Achilles heal of their defense. Slowly, as the 2020 season evolved, that "easy 1st down" wasn't such a sure thing anymore and was quietly becoming a strength. The run defense still needs some work, the improvement there is noticeable, but that could be from an improved D-Line.

I said this year after the draft, "One of the best things the Bengals did was to not draft another LB." My example has always been that Rex Burkhead learned to become a good, reliable pro RB because he had time learn the system as the Bengals never really brought in a RB to threaten him. He came in as a 6th rounder. In my mind, after one season in the system, a 6th round pick of any position that is still with the team the next season, is better than any 4th round pick of that same position in the following draft. I don't have a problem with improving the back end of the roster, I just don't think you're helping your team by constantly having a rookie as the 5th or 6th WR, or the 4th RB, or in this case, a 5th LB.

I don't entirely view Markus Bailey as a 7th rounder from last year's draft, I kind of view him as a better 4th/5th rounder from this year that had a red-shirt season last year while still having the opportunity to learn the playbook for a year while practicing with the team. Part of the LBs growth may come from Bailey pushing for time, we don't know. If he improves his ST play, maybe he pushes Evans to the back end of the roster. Limiting Evans snaps and keeping him from covering TEs is part of this LB corps' improvement.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 09:55 AM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: That's a great coaching job by the linebackers coach..

Liked Golden since Temple. 
Reply/Quote