Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LB Jordyn Brooks Texas Tech.
The knock on Brooks is that he's weak in coverage and has a hard time getting off blocks. I'd prefer not to use 33 on him, but I don't think he'll last until the third. Too many teams are too high on him.
Reply/Quote
It’s confirmed. Dave Lapham going with Jordyn Brooks. :)
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 11:08 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: It’s confirmed. Dave Lapham going with Jordyn Brooks. :)

Poor selection at 33
Reply/Quote
https://theathletic.com/1759298/2020/04/21/the-7-commandments-for-optimizing-success-in-round-1-of-the-nfl-draft/

I think this "commandment" applies to 33, even though they're meant for round 1.

Quote:5. If the first line of a prospect’s scouting report is about run defense, think twice about the pick
The NFL in 2020 is about producing an efficient, explosive passing attack on offense and stopping those efficient, explosive passing attacks on defense. You might find a powerful nose tackle who stops the run better than any player you’ve ever scouted, but if he’s not going to be a difference-making pass rusher on third down, that’s probably a bad use of resources. Same goes for linebackers and even safeties in terms of coverage.

One useful exercise for every team (except for the Chiefs) would be to imagine you are game-planning against Andy Reid and Mahomes. Take a look at your list of defensive prospects. Identify the ones Reid and Mahomes are going to have to account for in terms of protection schemes, passing concepts, etc. These are the players who have the potential to justify a first-round pick. Then identify the ones whom Reid and Mahomes are most likely to try to exploit. These are the players you want to take a second look at to make you’re properly assessing their value.

It’s not that stopping the run is unimportant. It’s that you can find two-down linebackers and run-stuffing defensive tackles in August. Stopping the pass is more important, and pass-rush/coverage prowess is more likely to determine a first-round pick’s success or failure.
Reply/Quote
Well heck, I guess I have no idea what I'm talking about since the Seahawks just took him in the 1st.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 12:37 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Well heck, I guess I have no idea what I'm talking about since the Seahawks just took him in the 1st.

Yup, I’m shocked too. And queen was on the board, of course he goes to the rat birds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Seahawks are a better fit. Bengals need a bit more out of a lber than a 1 trick pony.
Reply/Quote