Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LB and interior OL
Those are obviously two of the biggest needs on the team, and I think we’re in a great position to address both of them.

#21 is very possibly around the time that Tremaine Edmunds and Leighton Vander Esch come off the board.

If we take the LB at 21, one of the top interior OL prospects (Price, Hernandez, Daniels) will likely be available in round 2.

If you given your choice of a combination of these players in these rounds, who would you choose?

I think I’d go with Vander Esch and Daniels. LVE is such a great athlete and a play making machine. Likewise, Daniels can do so much and make plays most centers can’t. Imagine the versatility and flexibility he’d bring to the oline.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Given the option of the players that you listed? Edmunds and Price, all day, every day.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 05:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Given the option of the players that you listed? Edmunds and Price, all day, every day.

What other options would you consider for the draft positions?
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 05:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Given the option of the players that you listed?  Edmunds and Price, all day, every day.

Agree. Edmunds is a freak and would be the best playmaker in the middle of that defense. Price and Daniels are about the same to me, so really it comes down to Edmunds over LVE for me. 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 05:55 PM)wcu Wrote: What other options would you consider for the draft positions?

Well, you also have to acknowledge that the idea of Edmunds being available at #21 is a bit of wishful thinking.  If we're hypothetically thinking that the Bengals are going to go LB and OL in 1st and 2nd rounds, I think that Smith might actually be there, Vander Esch most likely will be sitting there.

Personally, I like Vander Esch, other folks, not as much.  Just depends on what the team thinks, more than anything.  Personally, I'd be fine with a T in the 1st and Center in the 2nd, or even Isiah Wynn in the 1st and Center in the 2nd.  Or even Derwin James in the 1st and Center in the 2nd.  Or even Center in the 1st and BPA that fits need in the 2nd.  

As you can see, I would be completely happy with any number of scenarios.  Just as long as they address the primary needs.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
While anything can happen, it's about a 1% chance Edmunds is there.hes as close to a top 10 lock as Nelson is. But I'd much rather go lb next year or later in draft. I'd much prefer to go Hernandez price 1 and 2. Give mixon that interior oline?? Man.
Reply/Quote
Edmunds and Price. But am fine with it being Daniels too

Or Wynn and Price or Daniels. then grabbing back to back LBers and let the competition begin

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 09:29 PM)Jpoore Wrote: While anything can happen, it's about a 1% chance Edmunds is there.hes as close to a top 10 lock as Nelson is. But I'd much rather go lb next year or later in draft. I'd much prefer to go Hernandez price 1 and 2. Give mixon that interior oline?? Man.

I’d love it to. I just can’t see the Bengals doing it! But then again, the times seem to be changing!
Reply/Quote
I don't understand the speculation that Tremaine Edmunds is going to be there at 21 it's simply is not going to happen. If it did happen I would be shocked. I like Isaiah Wynn and Billy Price. Isaiah Wynn is a beast his measurements do not account for his viciousness and aggressiveness.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I like Price or Wynn in the first. Daniels OK also. I continue to like Connor Williams regardless of his measurements. I don't think any of these players will be there at 46.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 11:36 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I like Price or Wynn in the first.  Daniels OK also.  I continue to like Connor Williams regardless of his measurements.  I don't think any of these players will be there at 46.

There are a lot of options at 21 and 46.    I'm not sure I'd be disappointed with almost all of them.  This was the right draft to trade down, and I'm really happy with who we've landed in FA.

And just for the record, if Derwin James were to drop down to 21 (very unlikely) you'd seriously have to consider it.  The guy is a stud.  You can never have enough playmakers.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 10:49 PM)wcu Wrote: I’d love it to. I just can’t see the Bengals doing it! But then again, the times seem to be changing!

It all depends on what are formula is. When we drafted Ross and mixon we said it was bpa at a position of need. Unless Denzel ward falls, which is possible I think hernandez is bpa at a position of need. 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 05:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Given the option of the players that you listed?  Edmunds and Price, all day, every day.

Same here, Edmunds could be the next great Linebacker from what i have seen. Big, fast, rangy, takes great angles, great tackler
and can even cover decent. Getting Price who i have as my top Center would be the best start to this Draft IMHO.

IDEAL.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 11:10 AM)3wt Wrote: There are a lot of options at 21 and 46.    I'm not sure I'd be disappointed with almost all of them.  This was the right draft to trade down, and I'm really happy with who we've landed in FA.

And just for the record, if Derwin James were to drop down to 21 (very unlikely) you'd seriously have to consider it.  The guy is a stud.  You can never have enough playmakers.

Upon thinking about it more, Derwin James has started reminding me of a prospect from last year....Jabrill Peppers.
Peppers, like James, had very good speed and showed well at the Combine overall with his athletic ability.
Also like James, Peppers was considered a very versatile weapon, having the ability to play a few different defensive positions.
Unfortunately, also like James, Peppers wasn't quite the most productive in college, especially when it came to turnovers.

I see James potentially following the same path as Peppers. A lot of hype, but you have worry that all that athleticism might not actually end up turning into an elite playmaking FS on defense but rather "just" a good SS (or nickel LB?) that can do a bit of everything.

And yes, I realize that it's only been a year for Peppers so he has plenty of time still to become elite, but he didn't seem like an elite playmaker this past year right out of the gate like some people thought/hoped he would.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Count me among the people that don't think LB is this huge need.

We signed Preston Brown. We use 2 linebackers a majority of the time. The team likes Vigil, Evans and Rey. I know people on the board see it as a need, but I don't think the team is even remotely considering one.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 11:40 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Upon thinking about it more, Derwin James has started reminding me of a prospect from last year....Jabrill Peppers.
Peppers, like James, had very good speed and showed well at the Combine overall with his athletic ability.
Also like James, Peppers was considered a very versatile weapon, having the ability to play a few different defensive positions.
Unfortunately, also like James, Peppers wasn't quite the most productive in college, especially when it came to turnovers.

I see James potentially following the same path as Peppers. A lot of hype, but you have worry that all that athleticism might not actually end up turning into an elite playmaking FS on defense but rather "just" a good SS (or nickel LB?) that can do a bit of everything.

And yes, I realize that it's only been a year for Peppers so he has plenty of time still to become elite, but he didn't seem like an elite playmaker this past year right out of the gate like some people thought/hoped he would.

Still remember that play where Mixon lowered his shoulder and obliterated Peppers, good stuff. Smirk

Should be fun watching Mixon this year behind an improved O-line.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2018, 02:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still remember that play where Mixon lowered his shoulder and obliterated Peppers, good stuff. Smirk

Should be fun watching Mixon this year behind an improved O-line.

I agree. You just properly judge his performance last season because of that wretched oline. Assuming everyone is healthy this year, I think we might see something special.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2018, 05:40 PM)wcu Wrote: I agree. You just can't properly judge his performance last season because of that wretched oline. Assuming everyone is healthy this year, I think we might see something special.

Fixed it.

Mixon is a rare talent with his size, speed, hands, moves, burst and versatility. Want to see him and Gio in the game at the same
time with one of them lining up at WR. I think this would give Defenses fits similar to the way the Pats use their RB's.

We get Price or Ragnow and Mixon and Gio could be the best RB duo in the NFL and i am not kidding.

You are right, cannot judge these guys after that shit show of an O-line last year. Once they changed up the scheme these guys
started to show a touch of that talent that they have. Both can catch the ball out of the backfield like WR's so we can be really
unpredictable if we use them right. Have high hopes with Lazor now having a full offseason to impliment his Playbook.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2018, 05:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Fixed it.

Mixon is a rare talent with his size, speed, hands, moves, burst and versatility. Want to see him and Gio in the game at the same
time with one of them lining up at WR. I think this would give Defenses fits similar to the way the Pats use their RB's.

We get Price or Ragnow and Mixon and Gio could be the best RB duo in the NFL and i am not kidding.

You are right, cannot judge these guys after that shit show of an O-line last year. Once they changed up the scheme these guys
started to show a touch of that talent that they have. Both can catch the ball out of the backfield like WR's so we can be really
unpredictable if we use them right. Have high hopes with Lazor now having a full offseason to impliment his Playbook.
Dude I am telling u, I have been dreaming about interior oline of price, hernandez, boling. Mixon running for 1500.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2018, 05:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Fixed it.

The versatility you could get by having Mixon and Bernard on the field at the same time is mind boggling. They could cause confusion and match up nightmares across the entire formation. Hopefully Lazor has the balls to try it.
Reply/Quote