Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LB coach Tem Lukabu resigns
LB coach Tem Lukabu has resigned to take the DC job at Boston College. It is kind of hard to grade his job performance considering who he was working with but we did see improvement in the group once they dumped Preston Brown. But here is a chance to reset yet again.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Look for Mark Duffner to slide into this role.

He was the LB coach here way back when, the was our DC for a couple years pre-Marvin. He's made a bunch of different stops in the league as a LB coach. He's currently on staff as some type of special assistant or advisor.
Reply/Quote
Damn, was hoping to see him after a second year, as he really did improve.

Oh well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I was hoping we'd acquire a legit D coordinator with legit experience.
Reply/Quote
Like has been said, the LB's did improve later in the year.

I liked the hire initially but the LB's still can improve tons, so not disappointed or anything.
Reply/Quote
Huge loss, we will never recover the Lb position to its former glory of the last season
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Shocked that someone was already plucked from the staff. Sounds like Mark Duffner might be promoted from within to fill the spot.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Well, the Bengals were 2-14. Let's not pretend we won the Super Bowl and now teams are hiring our coaches. If this teams starts 0-4 again, Zac and all the coaches need fired in October. Let Zac get a LB coach in here, it's his butt that is on the line if this team starts 0-4 again. Maybe NOT this ex Marvin coach one mentioned. Marvin is gone, forget about Marvin. Bringing in Marvin coaches to Zac is square pegs in round holes. I'm sure Zac has a list of LB Coaches he would like., or the D Coordinator. It's their jobs on the line if this team is bad again next season.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 08:19 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I was hoping we'd acquire a legit D coordinator with legit experience.

Saw Wade Phillips not returning to Rams....Although I think he is a 3-4 guy.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 06:11 PM)pally Wrote: LB coach Tem Lukabu has resigned to take the DC job at Boston College.  It is kind of hard to grade his job performance considering who he was working with but we did see improvement in the group once they dumped Preston Brown.   But here is a chance to reset yet again.

Dude got out of town. Might possibly have better LB talent at BC than what the Bengals gave him to work with.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 04:30 AM)kevin Wrote: Well, the Bengals were 2-14.   Let's not pretend we won the Super Bowl and now teams are hiring our coaches.  If this teams starts 0-4 again, Zac and all the coaches need fired in October.  Let Zac get a LB coach in here, it's his butt that is on the line if this team starts 0-4 again.  Maybe NOT this ex Marvin coach one mentioned.  Marvin is gone, forget about Marvin.  Bringing in Marvin coaches to Zac is square pegs in round holes.   I'm sure Zac has a list of LB Coaches he would like., or the D Coordinator.   It's their jobs on the line if this team is bad again next season.

You'd think they'd all be gone after they turned this team into the worst in the league in only one season.

Reply/Quote
????? cause our linebackers were the best in the league right. This crap of showing improvement here and there has to stop. Excellence needs to be demanded from the rip, until that mind set is established by Mike Brown nothing will EVER change
Reply/Quote
what do we need a LB coach for??? we have no real LB's

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 10:31 PM)BengalChris Wrote: You'd think they'd all be gone after they turned this team into the worst in the league in only one season.

Except you have to look at how awful this team was in 2018.   To the point of firing D Coordinator, bringing in Hue just fired from Browns so Marvin could coach the D, and the team got even worse.  Lost even more games.  2018 so bad they fired all the coaches. 

Then there was 2017 and team so bad they fired all the coaches except Marvin.  

So let us not pretend this is just a one year drop off.  I'm OK with keeping Zac and this staff.  However if they start 0-4, Zac needs fired in October. 

Really, Mike Brown needs fired more than anybody for his players moves since end of 2015.   The problem is he is in like the Pope only more so. 

I'm all for Burrow top of 1. An Offensive Tackle top of 2 like an extra 1st round pick. Then a 4-3 LB like Dye at top of 3 like a 2nd round pick round pick 65 in draft. We need the Mean Machine Superstar QB, then we must protect the Superstar, but we are in dire need of some real talent at LB. Top of 3 is like a 2nd round pick, and a good place to take a LB.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote