Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LBs in 2023
(01-21-2024, 03:56 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: In depth article on him, seems he has been productive with snap counts, I don't think arizona did him any favors..
https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/big-blue-plus/giants-2024-ufa-primer-ilb-isaiah-simmons

Thank you
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2024, 06:35 PM)J24 Wrote: 1 year deal worth anything  from 3.5 million to 5 million. 

He's not a traditional LB nor a traditional S. So it will take a creative D coordinator to use him properly. Which is right up Lou's  alley!

So the Bengals should spend $3.5-5 mill on a passing-down LB who will play maybe 33% of the defensive snaps?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2024, 09:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So the Bengals should spend $3.5-5 mill on a passing-down LB who will play maybe 33% of the defensive snaps?

Which I'd contend, isn't cheap.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2024, 09:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So the Bengals should spend $3.5-5 mill on a passing-down LB who will play maybe 33% of the defensive snaps?

Yes ; I would want a guy that can actually cover TEs and can spy on  athletic QBs. I have zero problems with saying that!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2024, 09:37 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Which I'd contend, isn't cheap.

How is that not cheap by todays NFL standards? 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2024, 11:55 PM)J24 Wrote:  How is that not cheap by todays NFL standards? 

I view cheap as closer to league minimum. Since cheap is a subjective concept regarding the cost to sign a player it doesn't make either of us more right or wrong. I now better understand your take since you offered a dollar amount to sign the player. We view cheap differently.

I'd be good with him joining the Bengals if Duke and Zac think the dollars are right and that he'd improve the team.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 02:57 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Logan, CTB, and Hilton all mentioned there were communication issues in the secondary which caused a lot of problems this season.

^This

As the secondary matures into a cohesive, orchestrated unit, the overall production of the defense will improve accordingly.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Actually I could see him working as a hybrid SS/LB... and playing a bit more, not saying to sign him but he has been productive when on the field...
Reply/Quote
The interesting thing about Pratt is that we can cut him and there's $0 dead money. If we keep him we are giving him a $6.5 Mil/year 2-year contract.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Had a league leader in sacks and the safeties weee pure ass

Ima cut them slack
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2024, 01:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Actually  I could see him working as a hybrid SS/LB... and playing a bit more, not saying to sign him but he has been productive when on the field...

yes, he could be a Kyle Hamilton type of player for us....except a little bigger 
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2024, 04:07 PM)J24 Wrote: I think they sign Isiah Simmons to a 1 year prove it type deal!

That’s the exact type of player they need to sign. Where do we petition for this golly. I’m all in on that. Isiah Simmons ADG just Pratt and Wilson has a lot of upside youth and speed which I find highly valuable at the lb position
Reply/Quote
Logan Wilson in his 4th year and Pratt in his 5th year should not need two rookie safety's to tell them where to line up in a defense that has not changed much in years.

That is one lame excuse.

I remember Lou saying we are switching to a nickel defense when he first got here because we did not have 3 decent linebackers on the team. Well, we need to draft or get a third in free agency or we are going to get thumped again next year in the AFC North.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2024, 11:20 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Logan Wilson in his 4th year and Pratt in his 5th year should not need two rookie safety's to tell them where to line up in a defense that has not changed much in years.

That is one lame excuse.

I remember Lou saying we are switching to a nickel defense when he first got here because we did not have 3 decent linebackers on the team. Well, we need to draft or get a third in free agency or we are going to get thumped again next year in the AFC North.

No one has said that they did. Where are you getting this? 
Reply/Quote