Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LBs
I was excited when they re-signed both Pratt and Wilson but it looks like all of that $ is weighing them down. They did nothing today vs Henry.
Wilson whiffed on a tackle and Pratt got the Henry TD thrown right over him. The announcers knew it was coming but the Bengals players and coaches didn’t? Embarrassing

Wilson and Pratt are members of a long list of disappointing players on this years team. Wilson got a couple of picks vs Rams but other than that they look like garbage on most of plays I see.

They paid Pratt, Wilson and Burrow this off season and all 3 of them suck now?
Reply/Quote
When the offense is playing at a dominant level, it keeps the defense off the field and makes the other team more predictable.

The defense is nothing special otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 11:28 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I was excited when they re-signed both Pratt and Wilson but it looks like all of that $ is weighing them down.  They did nothing today vs Henry.
Wilson whiffed on a tackle and Pratt got the Henry TD thrown right over him. The announcers knew it was coming but the Bengals players and coaches didn’t?  Embarrassing

Wilson and Pratt are members of a long list of disappointing players on this years team. Wilson got a couple of picks vs Rams but other than that they look like garbage on most of plays I see.

This "got paid" excuse is so amateur, this is something they say on Facebook.  They all had below average games.  But other than the obvious TD pass, which was seriously bad, it is very difficult to judge LB play.  Both LBs have played extremely well for enough games to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 11:50 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This "got paid" excuse is so amateur, this is something they say on Facebook.  They all had below average games.  But other than the obvious TD pass, which was seriously bad, it is very difficult to judge LB play.  Both LBs have played extremely well for enough games to give them the benefit of the doubt.

It’s just alarming how bad they are against the run this season. I know Bell was really good in the box, but man, they’ve just been getting absolutely caved in for 3 out of the 4 games. And Henry was coming off a 1.8 ypc game where he basically looked washed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 11:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s just alarming how bad they are against the run this season. I know Bell was really good in the box, but man, they’ve just been getting absolutely caved in for 3 out of the 4 games. And Henry was coming off a 1.8 ypc game where he basically looked washed.

The run D has been bad.  But what has the dline done to keep oline off of them?  I cna think of a few variables, none of which I have the answer.  I do know that Dline and LBs are difficult to judge because we are not privy to their responsibilities on each play.  ie; not keeping oline off LBs or complaining about the lack of pass rush by a DT but the guy was actually spying....

We do know that the entire D was not good today, and to be honest, it hasnt been close to 2022 good ina any game this season.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 11:50 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This "got paid" excuse is so amateur, this is something they say on Facebook.  They all had below average games.  But other than the obvious TD pass, which was seriously bad, it is very difficult to judge LB play.  Both LBs have played extremely well for enough games to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Like the QB should get the benefit of the doubt? Or the HC who took them to the SB?

I’m calling them out because they suck like most of the team. The season is just about lost so giving anyone the benefit of the doubt at this point is dumb.

And the $ weighing them down was a joke which I thought was obvious. However it is true that the guys they re-signed have not played well for whatever reason. Not saying that’s the reason but it is very disappointing.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 12:16 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Like the QB should get the benefit of the doubt?  Or the HC who took them to the SB?  

I’m calling them out because they suck like most of the team. The season is just about lost so giving anyone the benefit of the doubt at this point is dumb.

And the $ weighing them down was a joke which I thought was obvious.  However it is true that the guys they re-signed have not played well for whatever reason.  Not saying that’s the reason but it is very disappointing.

I obviously missed the joke, but I do agree that not one of them have played remotely good enough.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 11:28 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I was excited when they re-signed both Pratt and Wilson but it looks like all of that $ is weighing them down.  They did nothing today vs Henry.
Wilson whiffed on a tackle and Pratt got the Henry TD thrown right over him. The announcers knew it was coming but the Bengals players and coaches didn’t?  Embarrassing

You mean Wilson didn't grab two interceptions this week like he did last week ? That slacker!!!! Ninja
Reply/Quote