Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
LE Leaks show treatment of pro BLM protestors vs conservative militias
(11-10-2020, 10:32 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: An interesting update to the Rittenhouse story: https://waow.com/2020/11/09/gun-used-by-rittenhouse-in-kenosha-killings-was-bought-in-ladysmith-complaint-states/

I said whoever gave him the gun would be F************cked
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 01:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I said whoever gave him the gun would be F************cked

Indeed. Turns out it was a straight up straw purchase, though, at least according to these charges. It will be interesting to see how this goes in the 2A community because this is the kind of law that they talk about needing to be enforced when they are fighting against new gun control laws.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 01:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Indeed. Turns out it was a straight up straw purchase, though, at least according to these charges. It will be interesting to see how this goes in the 2A community because this is the kind of law that they talk about needing to be enforced when they are fighting against new gun control laws.

If it was a straw purchase as alleged he should be tried and convicted.  He shouldn't do any jail time though, unless he has a criminal record, not with the number of people I see do absolutely zero time for violent felonies.

I still don't know how they think they can get a conviction against Rittenhouse for anything other than illegal carry.  I've said it before, but that was as clear a case of self defense as I've ever seen.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 02:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If it was a straw purchase as alleged he should be tried and convicted.  He shouldn't do any jail time though, unless he has a criminal record, not with the number of people I see do absolutely zero time for violent felonies.

I still don't know how they think they can get a conviction against Rittenhouse for anything other than illegal carry.  I've said it before, but that was as clear a case of self defense as I've ever seen.

Is the person receiving the straw purchase not also charged for that crime?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 02:17 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Is the person receiving the straw purchase not also charged for that crime?

Yes, at least in CA, both the buying and receiving are criminal acts.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 03:06 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes, at least in CA, both the buying and receiving are criminal acts.

It's an interesting situation, because if he set things up for the straw purchase from his home state, then it could put it into federal territory. It looks like both would be charged under Wisconsin law (seems to be same statute the kid is being charged under, already), but it seems like the straw purchase took place with Kyle in Illinois. This is going to be a cluster.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 02:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If it was a straw purchase as alleged he should be tried and convicted.  He shouldn't do any jail time though, unless he has a criminal record, not with the number of people I see do absolutely zero time for violent felonies.

Didn’t he shoot somebody before the video shows people running after him for shooting someone?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 03:27 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It's an interesting situation, because if he set things up for the straw purchase from his home state, then it could put it into federal territory. It looks like both would be charged under Wisconsin law (seems to be same statute the kid is being charged under, already), but it seems like the straw purchase took place with Kyle in Illinois. This is going to be a cluster.

Sure sounds like it, and I'm sure the Feds under Biden will throw the book at him.

(11-10-2020, 03:39 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Didn’t he shoot somebody before the video shows people running after him for shooting someone?

Yes, he did.  He shot someone physically attacking him for no reason (this is from a 3rd party journalist who was walking with Rittenhouse) after someone in the mob chasing him discharged a firearm.  He was then further chased by the second person he killed in self defense who thought hitting Rittenhouse with his skateboard was a good idea.  You can take issue with the way he procured the firearm, or the fact that he was there at all, to be sure.  But you cannot logically state he wasn't acting in self defense when he shot those three people attacking him.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 04:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes, he did.  He shot someone physically attacking him for no reason (this is from a 3rd party journalist who was walking with Rittenhouse) after someone in the mob chasing him discharged a firearm.

1.  How could the journalist possibly know the motives of the attacker?

2.  Why wad a mob chasing him?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 04:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Sure sounds like it, and I'm sure the Feds under Biden will throw the book at him.

Yes, he did.  He shot someone physically attacking him for no reason (this is from a 3rd party journalist who was walking with Rittenhouse) after someone in the mob chasing him discharged a firearm.  He was then further chased by the second person he killed in self defense who thought hitting Rittenhouse with his skateboard was a good idea.  You can take issue with the way he procured the firearm, or the fact that he was there at all, to be sure.  But you cannot logically state he wasn't acting in self defense when he shot those three people attacking him.

I heard he shot someone who threw a candy bar wrapper at him or some other thing that definitely wouldn’t have killed him.

Sorry looks like it was a plastic bag that got thrown at him. If he is Mr Glass he may have a defense that he was in fear of bodily harm. But if you kill someone for throwing a plastic bag while illegally carrying an illegally acquired weapon. I’m not sure it should result in a slap on the wrist.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 04:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  How could the journalist possibly know the motives of the attacker?

He didn't, he said that they attacked Rittenhouse for no reason, as in Rittenhouse didn't do anything to provoke the ttack.

Quote:2.  Why wad a mob chasing him?

Why were they burning down buildings and looting?  Why did the guy in Portland field goal kick a dude in the face for no reason?

(11-10-2020, 05:08 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I heard he shot someone who threw a candy bar wrapper at him or some other thing that definitely wouldn’t have killed him.

You heard wrong.  They were chasing him and someone discharged a firearm.  Then the first assailant attacked Rittenhouse physically and attempted to take away his firearm.  Rittenhouse, in logical fear for his life, then shot the assailant.

Quote:Sorry looks like it was a plastic bag that got thrown at him. If he is Mr Glass he may have a defense that he was in fear of bodily harm. But if you kill someone for throwing a plastic bag while illegally carrying an illegally acquired weapon. I’m not sure it should result in a slap on the wrist.

Yeah, try actually watching the video this time.  First, why was he being chased by a mob?  A third party journalist stated they attacked him for no reason.  Then someone chasing him discharged a firearm.  Watch these two videos for an excellent breakdown.

Or don't and continue to get the facts of the incident wrong.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 05:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: He didn't, he said that they attacked Rittenhouse for no reason, as in Rittenhouse didn't do anything to provoke the ttack.

Why were they burning down buildings and looting?  Why did the guy in Portland field goal kick a dude in the face for no reason?

You heard wrong.  They were chasing him and someone discharged a firearm.  Then the first assailant attacked Rittenhouse physically and attempted to take away his firearm.  Rittenhouse, in logical fear for his life, then shot the assailant.

Yeah, try actually watching the video this time.  First, why was he being chased by a mob?  A third party journalist stated they attacked him for no reason.  Then someone chasing him discharged a firearm.  Watch these two videos for an excellent breakdown.

Or don't and continue to get the facts of the incident wrong.

First time seeing the video of the first shooting. Looks like something was thrown at him and he turned and shot the guy. Definitely self defense when a pack of people are chasing.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 05:51 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: First time seeing the video of the first shooting. Looks like something was thrown at him and he turned and shot the guy. Definitely self defense when a pack of people are chasing.

I just have a real hard time with a a group chasing a guy who just shot someone and he claims self defense because he was being chased.

If he robbed the first guy and they chased him and he turned a shot would it be self-defense?  I bet it would be argued legally.

But them's the laws I guess.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 05:51 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: First time seeing the video of the first shooting. Looks like something was thrown at him and he turned and shot the guy. Definitely self defense when a pack of people are chasing.

The important bit was the person behind the bag thrower firing a gun into the air.  Rittenhouse was running away, so he definitely would hear the gunshot but not be able to tell the gun was fired in the air.

Huge kudos to you for reversing course upon seeing the evidence, we see that far too infrequently around here.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 05:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: I just have a real hard time with a a group chasing a guy who just shot someone and he claims self defense because he was being chased.

If he robbed the first guy and they chased him and he turned a shot would it be self-defense?  I bet it would be argued legally.

But them's the laws I guess.

Dear god, how is it possible to have video evidence and still get the facts so demonstrably wrong?  He shot the first assailant after he chased him and attacked him while a companion discharged a firearm.

As to your second sentence, no, that would not be self defense but that's nothing close to what happened here.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 05:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Dear god, how is it possible to have video evidence and still get the facts so demonstrably wrong?  He shot the first assailant after he chased him and attacked him while a companion discharged a firearm.

As to your second sentence, no, that would not be self defense but that's nothing close to what happened here.

Why not?  He was being chased and feared for his life.

If a group only saw him shooting someone without the benefit of the video and were trying to catch him/alert the police he shot someone is that different?  Again, I suppose legally it is.

Of course the police welcomed him and then let him walk away with his arms up too so.....
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 06:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Why not?  He was being chased and feared for his life.

You cannot create the scenario in which you act in self defense by committing an overtly illegal act.

Quote:If a group only saw him shooting someone without the benefit of the video and were trying to catch him/alert the police he shot someone is that different?  Again, I suppose legally it is.

Would it change any charges against them, absolutely.  Would it nullify Rittenhouse lawfully acting in self defense, absolutely not.  

Quote:Of course the police welcomed him and then let him walk away with his arms up too so.....

Actually they drove past him, they didn't "welcome him".  Your argument is inherently disingenuous.  They were looking for a shooter, Rittenhouse walked to them in an attitude of surrender, which usually doesn't happen when you're looking for a shooter, hence they did not think he was the shooter.  To preempt your next obvious ply, they'd have done the same regardless of his skin color.  It was his demeanor that convinced them he wasn't a threat, because guess what, he wasn't.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 05:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: He didn't, he said that they attacked Rittenhouse for no reason, as in Rittenhouse didn't do anything to provoke the attack.

Actually the journalist has no idea what started it all because the people were already chasing Rittenhouse when he saw them.

Unless you are talking about someone other than Richie McGinness from the right-wing Daily Caller founded by Tucker Carlson.

Anyone interested in how unbiased The Daily Caller is when it comes to dealing with protestors just check this out
https://www.mediaite.com/online/daily-caller-video-from-january-explained-how-to-plow-through-liberal-protestors-with-a-car/
Reply/Quote
So, more developments in the Rittenhouse saga. Apparently, he provided an incorrect address to the courts and they cannot find him.

You know, I was more willing than most of my ideological bent to give him the self-defense excuse. He is not helping his case, though.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 08:39 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, more developments in the Rittenhouse saga. Apparently, he provided an incorrect address to the courts and they cannot find him.

You know, I was more willing than most of my ideological bent to give him the self-defense excuse. He is not helping his case, though.

Have they declared him a sovereign citizen yet? Mellow
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote