Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LINEBACKER!?
Heres my concern, lets say we go QB round 1 we then must address the offensive line in round 2.  are we really gonna wait again to address the linebacker situation.  pratt does not look good vigil like ive been saying for years now is NOT GOOD AT ALL preston brown is also NOT GOOD AT ALL.  when is this team gonna get its linebacker of the future.  we know it wont be FA.  Its just my concern.  team has a lot of needs but linebacker situation is kiiiiiilling me.  We get ran through week in and week out cuz of it. Someone please give me something positive about it although i fear there is nothing.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 12:41 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Heres my concern, lets say we go QB round 1 we then must address the offensive line in round 2.  are we really gonna wait again to address the linebacker situation.  pratt does not look good vigil like ive been saying for years now is NOT GOOD AT ALL preston brown is also NOT GOOD AT ALL.  when is this team gonna get its linebacker of the future.  we know it wont be FA.  Its just my concern.  team has a lot of needs but linebacker situation is kiiiiiilling me.  We get ran through week in and week out cuz of it. Someone please give me something positive about it although i fear there is nothing.

Why wouldn't we go LB in FA? We brought Preston Brown in one year after he led the league in tackles.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Based on our current defensive philosophy who needs LB's just run nickel and dime. Against Rams we had our nickel in on 3rd and a short 2 or they think Shawn Williams is actually a LB makes sense because on 3rd 20 Cupp wide open over the middle for 22 yards
Reply/Quote
Now you know why this week was such a disaster. We don't have enough picks to fix everything from the Offense to the Defense. We are already needing all 7 picks in 2020 to be starters, and that is a pipe dream (especially given this last draft basically never took place, so we've pretty much skipped a draft).

With the Bengals likely not receiving any significant (3rd) comp picks the next 2 years, it is looking like year 4-6 that we will see any positive results (and that's if all goes right with the draft).

Of course by then our first round QB from 2020 will be run out of town and we'd be starting all over at that position.

It's a mess. We are in for it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 12:41 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Heres my concern, lets say we go QB round 1 we then must address the offensive line in round 2.  are we really gonna wait again to address the linebacker situation.  pratt does not look good vigil like ive been saying for years now is NOT GOOD AT ALL preston brown is also NOT GOOD AT ALL.  when is this team gonna get its linebacker of the future.  we know it wont be FA.  Its just my concern.  team has a lot of needs but linebacker situation is kiiiiiilling me.  We get ran through week in and week out cuz of it. Someone please give me something positive about it although i fear there is nothing.

Your concern is valid, but there are only so many draft picks unless the Bengals are willing to trade people/picks to get more Rd 1/2 picks.
They need a new QB, OL, and LB. If the Bengals are not active in FA and don't acquire additional picks, one of those will have to come in the 3rd round.

Looking at the FA crop, there should be some (very) good LBs and a couple good OL to go after in FA. However, we've seen in the past that they will only spend up to a certain limit so that likely limits the candidates to bring in.

Personally, I think they should get 1 really good OL and 1 really good LB in FA, as they will have the money whether they cut Dalton or not. Then get QB and another OL in the draft.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Are you saying we can't find 8-9 quality starters in 1 draft?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 12:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: Now you know why this week was such a disaster. We don't have enough picks to fix everything from the Offense to the Defense. We are already needing all 7  picks in 2020 to be starters, and that is a pipe dream (especially given this last draft basically never took place, so we've pretty much skipped a draft).

With the Bengals likely not receiving any significant (3rd) comp picks the next 2 years, it is looking like year 4-6 that we will see any positive results (and that's if all goes right with the draft).

Of course by then our first round QB from 2020 will be run out of town and we'd be starting all over at that position.

It's a mess. We are in for it.

If the Bengals are not sold on either Tua or Herbert, maybe they should consider trading back.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 12:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals are not sold on either Tua or Herbert, maybe they should consider trading back.

Or Burrow.

My guess is, they take one of those 3.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 12:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Or Burrow.

Call me skeptical, but I'm still nervous about taking Burrow in the Top 3. I always have been very wary of taking a QB who only had one really good season. My view may change based on how Burrow plays against Alabama and the bowl season though.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 12:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Or Burrow.

I'm hoping for the long game at this point go Young pick someone in the 2nd  at QB go 0 - 16. That way Justin Fields wont be ruined by Zach Taylor after his rookie season.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 12:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Call me skeptical, but I'm still nervous about taking Burrow in the Top 3. I always have been very wary of taking a QB who only had one really good season. My view may change based on how Burrow plays against Alabama and the bowl season though.

I am too. He's a 1 year wonder.

That said...the Bengals like shiny objects.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:00 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I'm hoping for the long game at this point go Young pick someone in the 2nd  at QB go 0 - 16. That way Justin Fields wont be ruined by Zach Taylor after his rookie season.

Only problem with the long play is Atkins, Dunlap, and Green's age.

I do like Chase Young though.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 12:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals are not sold on either Tua or Herbert, maybe they should consider trading back.

The Browns model before the Hue tank (when they had to trade players for extra picks). Of course they blew all those years of multiple picks from passing on top qb's like Wentz/Goff/Mahone/Watson. But they were able to build up a nice run of multiple first round picks at first without the trades. Like 5 years worth.

It's a gamble (if we don't eventually get the right QB or the other QB's we pass on star), but we do need more picks if we can't rely on FA help.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 12:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Are you saying we can't find 8-9 quality starters in 1 draft?

We can't find that many over 4 drafts
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Love the relentless effort in the thread title.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: The Browns model before the Hue tank (when they had to trade players for extra picks). Of course they blew all those years of multiple picks from passing on top qb's like Wentz/Goff/Mahone/Watson. But they were able to build up a nice run of multiple first round picks at first without the trades. Like 5 years worth.

It's a gamble (if we don't eventually get the right QB or the other QB's we pass on star), but we do need more picks if we can't rely on FA help.

We just can't whiff on this pick. Can't.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Only problem with the long play is Atkins, Dunlap, and Green's age.

I don't even watch college football but I hear Clay Travis in the morning he not even a ohio state fan and he goes on and on occasionally how incredible Fields is
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 01:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Only problem with the long play is Atkins, Dunlap, and Green's age.

And Dre will be lost (yes I know he is average)  and by then we lose one of Shawn Williams and Bates, etc. etc.

The long game only works if you can draft well, re-sign the key players that develop and fill in holes with key Free agents. Let me know when we do any of these 3 things well let alone all 3. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 12:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Are you saying we can't find 8-9 quality starters in 1 draft?

Can't you see the undrafted free agent steals Hobspin will be promoting.

Hell we need them the undrafted rookies to start too!

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 12:41 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: pratt does not look good

Pratt has played as well as most of the linebackers in his draft class so far with very limited snaps...

The best of the bunch hasn't even been either of the top 10 picks its Bobby Okereke taken in the 3rd round by the Colts.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote