Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LINEBACKER!?
(11-04-2019, 10:18 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Have you checked out Trey Adams?  I like him a bit better than Wirfs.

As I said though, I may be wrong about Wirfs.  He could be a solid pick up.  In a trade back scenario, I wouldn't hate him to be our pick, but if Adams is still there, I would go for him over Wirfs.  I wonder how bad Walker Little's knee injury is, cause I could see us targeting him in a trade scenario.  I know many wouldn't like the pick since Little is injured, but I don't believe you should be gun shy over injuries.

Trey Adams has had too many big injuries to risk a 1st round pick IMO.
But I'd be fine with him on Day 2.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 12:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Call me skeptical, but I'm still nervous about taking Burrow in the Top 3. I always have been very wary of taking a QB who only had one really good season. My view may change based on how Burrow plays against Alabama and the bowl season though.

Same here. Not a burrow fan and he throws like Philip Rivers not the bear arm strength. Herbert is more like Flacco to me and Tua like a poor mans Russell Wilson . I think chase Young is the easy pick.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 01:42 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Same here.  Not a burrow fan and he throws like Philip Rivers not the bear arm strength.   Herbert is more like Flacco to me and Tua like a poor mans Russell Wilson .    I think chase Young is the easy pick.

I see Wentz more than Flacco. I also see the Wilson comparison for Tua, and that's a big reason why I like him.
FA will greatly determine how they (should) approach the draft, as they desperately need OL and LB.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 10:57 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I see Wentz more than Flacco. I also see the Wilson comparison for Tua, and that's a big reason why I like him.
FA will greatly determine how they (should) approach the draft, as they desperately need OL and LB.

Tua folded like a wet napkin against Clemson.... 
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 11:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Tua folded like a wet napkin against Clemson.... 

Are you referring to the national championship game last year?
If so, he still had a 64% completion percentage and threw for nearly 300 yards and had 2 TDs and 2 INTs. That's that "folding like a wet napkin" IMO.
And just the week before that, in a playoff game against Kyler Murray's Sooners, he had a very dominant performance.

So IMO don't base everything off a single game.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 11:06 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Are you referring to the national championship game last year?
If so, he still had a 64% completion percentage and threw for nearly 300 yards and had 2 TDs and 2 INTs. That's that "folding like a wet napkin" IMO.
And just the week before that, in a playoff game against Kyler Murray's Sooners, he had a very dominant performance.

So IMO don't base everything off a single game.
He was bad in the SEC Championship game in which he only completed 40% of his passes.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 01:37 PM)J24 Wrote: He was bad in the SEC Championship game in which he only completed 40% of his passes.

So is the concern he can't win when it matters? Or against good competition?

Because I would argue that even in his poor performance in the SEC champ game last year, they still won.
And he played extremely well in the playoff game against Oklahoma after the SEC champ game.
And he won the National Championship the year before that.

Every QB is going to have a bad game here and there. It's about body of work. And Tua is a very good QB even with a couple bad games.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote