Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
LIV Golf!
I figured this was just a scam by the Saudis to show that they can do anything to us because they have so much money and it would be just as lame as the PGA Tour, but has anyone watched any of this!

It's AWESOME!

I know, watching golf is normally boring as hell, but they have people cheering while players are hitting (sometimes) and music playing (sometimes) while players are hitting!

This could bring in a whole new audience and bring a lot of people to golf that normally wouldn't give a shit!

They're paying players more because they're obviously loaded but they're also giving players more of the income from TV sales, tickets, and other sponsors!

I hated this at first but I love it already after only watching a little bit of it!

Anybody else liking what they're seeing?!
Reply/Quote
Saudis are throwing money at all sorts of scenes. There was a recent announcement of a foray of theirs into the e-sports scene with a combined $500k prize pool for a StarCraft2/Brood War event.

Everyone has their price to forget about the Saudi's atrocities and accept their blood money.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2023, 07:55 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Saudis are throwing money at all sorts of scenes. There was a recent announcement of a foray of theirs into the e-sports scene with a combined $500k prize pool for a StarCraft2/Brood War event.

Everyone has their price to forget about the Saudi's atrocities and accept their blood money.

Agreed that it’s blood money (I’ve said that all along) and that they can do whatever they want, but it’s not going anywhere soon and they’ll probably own everything soon, so why not enjoy it?!

I wouldn’t be so into it if the PGA hadn’t been taking so much money and leaving so little for the players, but they made their bed, so now they have to lie in it.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2023, 07:55 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Saudis are throwing money at all sorts of scenes. There was a recent announcement of a foray of theirs into the e-sports scene with a combined $500k prize pool for a StarCraft2/Brood War event.

They are investing ~32 billion into gaming...  and already own around 10% of nintedo i believe
Reply/Quote
I'm not in the least bit interested in golf whether it's all hush, hush and pretending the slightest sound will ruin it for everyone or raucous crowds whooping and hollering at every putt.. It's boring shit regardless..
The oil kingdoms are going to be in for a rude shock eventually because the US has pulled way back on globalized trade for everyone and guaranteeing freedom of navigation on the high seas everywhere. Once someone else hardup for energy decides to hijack a few tankers or just blows ther shit out of a few of them the oil kingdoms are screwed big time.. They're dry, arid places with few water sources to feed themselves and once the rest of the world decides to either go "green" or otherwise invade those arrogant pricks and just take it from them they're utterly screwed..  Welcome to reality sheik! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2023, 04:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I figured this was just a scam by the Saudis to show that they can do anything to us because they have so much money and it would be just as lame as the PGA Tour, but has anyone watched any of this!

It's AWESOME!

I know, watching golf is normally boring as hell, but they have people cheering while players are hitting (sometimes) and music playing (sometimes) while players are hitting!

This could bring in a whole new audience and bring a lot of people to golf that normally wouldn't give a shit!

They're paying players more because they're obviously loaded but they're also giving players more of the income from TV sales, tickets, and other sponsors!

I hated this at first but I love it already after only watching a little bit of it!

Anybody else liking what they're seeing?!

Been watching it a bit today. It is kind of fun, they have teams and I know most of the players as they are pros.

More laid back and more fun than regular snooty golf that is for sure. I like it. Haven't had the CW until lately so this is the first 
chance I have gotten to watch LIV Golf.

Wink
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 04:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Been watching it a bit today. It is kind of fun, they have teams and I know most of the players as they are pros.

More laid back and more fun than regular snooty golf that is for sure. I like it. Haven't had the CW until lately so this is the first 
chance I have gotten to watch LIV Golf.

Wink

What I love is, like you said, it’s more laid-back and fun. It’s like a game for the everyday man or woman and not just a sport for the rich.

It’s like Happy Gilmore where he’s dancing around and bonging beers became I think the average American sees this as golf similar to their weekend beerfests with friends.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 07:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: What I love is, like you said, it’s more laid-back and fun. It’s like a game for the everyday man or woman and not just a sport for the rich.

It’s like Happy Gilmore where he’s dancing around and bonging beers became I think the average American sees this as golf similar to their weekend beerfests with friends.

Damn rights, it is the shot in the arm Golf needed honestly. Music playing in the background, drinkin' brewskies etc.

Fun stuff. Cool Cheers
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2023, 06:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn rights, it is the shot in the arm Golf needed honestly. Music playing in the background, drinkin' brewskies etc.

Fun stuff. Cool Cheers

haven't watched yet but id say if they get more Lively announcers (they might have)  it be more fun for the viewers at home..

Like the announcers for a WWE event lol...   Get a jim ross  type out there  (not Jim Ross himself rip)
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2023, 10:00 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: haven't watched yet but id say if they get more Lively announcers (they might have)  it be more fun for the viewers at home..

Like the announcers for a WWE event lol...   Get a jim ross  type out there  (not Jim Ross himself rip)

J.R.'s not dead
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2023, 10:21 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: J.R.'s not dead

your right i didnt think he was... But saw a death date when looking him up.  (belonged to his wife..)

Okay get JR out there  with his BBQ sauce
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2023, 10:00 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: haven't watched yet but id say if they get more Lively announcers (they might have)  it be more fun for the viewers at home..

They are more lively for sure, not as lively as Jim Ross though lol
Reply/Quote
It was announced today that LIV and the PGA tours will merge.

Like I said, everyone has their price. The Saudis now own golf worldwide.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 03:48 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: It was announced today that LIV and the PGA tours will merge.

I’m wondering how they’ll do it, like keep with three day tournaments, will there still be as many PGA events?

Will music on tees be allowed?

LOTS of questions.
Reply/Quote
i bet it takes them a few years to figure out the best working model....once it happens, hello Tony Romo and Charles Barkley.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2023, 03:48 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: It was announced today that LIV and the PGA tours will merge.

Heard 9/11 families are calling the PGA hypocrites or something after this. I know there were some Saudi's in the worst terrorist attack 
we ever saw on our soil, but I don't know if this is a direct connection and if this is true. Sure would make me pause in watching Golf if 
they are being sponsored by terrorists for God sake.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2023, 12:19 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Heard 9/11 families are calling the PGA hypocrites or something after this. I know there were some Saudi's in the worst terrorist attack 
we ever saw on our soil, but I don't know if this is a direct connection and if this is true. Sure would make me pause in watching Golf if 
they are being sponsored by terrorists for God sake.

I believe a Saudi group was trying to buy my Chelsea Blues before the Dodgers guy swooped in and grabbed it.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2023, 02:17 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I believe a Saudi group was trying to buy my Chelsea Blues before the Dodgers guy swooped in and grabbed it.
There was rumors they were gonna pick up WWE as one point not sure if that happened
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2023, 08:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: There was rumors they were gonna pick up WWE as one point not sure if that happened

The UFC group bought WWE I thought?
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2023, 09:18 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: The UFC group bought WWE I thought?

Ahh yeah merged last month.   (ive been out of the wrestling loop a while)
Reply/Quote