Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
LIV Golf!
(06-09-2023, 12:19 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Heard 9/11 families are calling the PGA hypocrites or something after this. I know there were some Saudi's in the worst terrorist attack 
we ever saw on our soil, but I don't know if this is a direct connection and if this is true. Sure would make me pause in watching Golf if 
they are being sponsored by terrorists for God sake.

Everyone under the sun is calling the PGA hypocrites (minus the players who were already bought), and rightfully so. But at the end of the day it's a business, and money controls. 

The Saudis essentially being able to orchestrate a hostile takeover of an entire sport is a little unsettling, but them's the breaks. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 12:07 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm not in the least bit interested in golf whether it's all hush, hush and pretending the slightest sound will ruin it for everyone or raucous crowds whooping and hollering at every putt.. It's boring shit regardless..
The oil kingdoms are going to be in for a rude shock eventually because the US has pulled way back on globalized trade for everyone and guaranteeing freedom of navigation on the high seas everywhere. Once someone else hardup for energy decides to hijack a few tankers or just blows ther shit out of a few of them the oil kingdoms are screwed big time.. They're dry, arid places with few water sources to feed themselves and once the rest of the world decides to either go "green" or otherwise invade those arrogant pricks and just take it from them they're utterly screwed..  Welcome to reality sheik! 

I agree.  We've supported the kingdom to the tune of billions.  They still operate their country like gold plated cavemen, stoning girls and killing anyone that questions authority.  Awful people that only get by through virtue of being slightly less awful than the others around them.  You'd think the financial and military support would keep them from cutting oil production, but you'd be wrong.  They still try and stick it in our asses every chance they get.  That oil will dry up one day.  it's a finite resource.  Once it does, their seat at the table will be yanked out from under them.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2023, 12:17 AM)samhain Wrote: I agree.  We've supported the kingdom to the tune of billions.  They still operate their country like gold plated cavemen, stoning girls and killing anyone that questions authority.  Awful people that only get by through virtue of being slightly less awful than the others around them.  You'd think the financial and military support would keep them from cutting oil production, but you'd be wrong.  They still try and stick it in our asses every chance they get.  That oil will dry up one day.  it's a finite resource.  Once it does, their seat at the table will be yanked out from under them.

If they were smart they would take their oil money and diversify it into other things that could make them a ton of money when the oil dries up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2023, 03:12 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: If they were smart they would take their oil money and diversify it into other things that could make them a ton of money when the oil dries up.

They have so much money that they really don't care.
Reply/Quote