Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The forgotten Olineman
(03-24-2019, 06:25 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Right but you get my point. Hart playing like crap apparently has no effect on how this team perceives him.

It's worse than that from what I read. The new O-line coach actually likes him and WANTED him back. That's a concern.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 06:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's worse than that from what I read. The new O-line coach actually likes him and WANTED him back. That's a concern.

So did Pat Flaherty, Mike Solari, and Frank Pollack. Maybe just maybe there is something to like since four different Offensive line coaches have invested in Hart.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 12:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: All the talk I hear about oline and what Westerman, Redmond, Miller, Hart can or cannot do one guy that is never mentioned is a former High School 5-star recruit that was a top 25 recruit in the Nation. Went to a big time college program and started immediately at Guard, where he started his first 2 years. He started at LT his Junior year and RT his Senior year.

Who are we not discussing?

Great call sir!
Reply/Quote
I'm not necessarily saying he won't turn into something. I'm saying the odds are stacked against him. The Munoz comparison is also a little rough considering he's already missed more games than Munoz did in his first decade in the league. He's had injuries to his shoulders in college, his knee last year, at a position where both are critical.

Callahan said this at the combine about the offensive line:

“I think it’s a priority in the draft,” Callahan said. “We don’t have enough players on the roster currently, especially at tackle, so we need to find them. What that means for us and where they come from, I’m not sure. But we’re going to need offensive linemen. The numbers dictate it.”

Currently on the offensive line we have:

C: Billy Price, Hopkins, Lundblade
G: Boling, Miller, Redmond, Westerman, and Taylor
T: Glenn, Hart, Perkins

I think if Taylor was a Tackle ( they may think he is, but he's listed at guard ) he'd have a better chance, but right now there's a ton of things working against him. Hopefully he can become something, but he's already lost a year of development with a staff that didn't bring him in.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 01:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Good guess

Correct.

Haven't heard one person mention him this off season. I was a big fan of the pick last year and looked forward to him competing for a spot. Unfortunately he tore an ACL the first day of practice. Matter of fact durability is one of the reasons he fell. Plus the fact that he doesn't have prototypical length to play OT. But at 6'3" 330 I look forward to him competing for a roster spot this year.

Who knows maybe he can work out at OT.  

Actually, I brought him up once.  It got buried, somewhere in all of the hysteria over how terrible the OL is. I hope that he made a full recovery, and gets a chance to show what he can do.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Just a friendly reminder. Let's keep the posts on topic, and please refrain from making them personal. Ultimately, we're all fans of the same team, and need to respect each other accordingly. Wink

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Don't think they view Taylor as a tackle but it's crazy to think we have only two true tackles on the Roster in Hart and Glenn. I now Boling can play tackle in a pinch but i prefer him at guard. Glenn has been injury prone and Hart has been awful so far. Assuming if we go linebacker at 11 it's almost a given that we have to draft at least one tackle in either round 2 or 3.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 07:53 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I'm not necessarily saying he won't turn into something. I'm saying the odds are stacked against him. The Munoz comparison is also a little rough considering he's already missed more games than Munoz did in his first decade in the league. He's had injuries to his shoulders in college, his knee last year, at a position where both are critical.

Callahan said this at the combine about the offensive line:

“I think it’s a priority in the draft,” Callahan said. “We don’t have enough players on the roster currently, especially at tackle, so we need to find them. What that means for us and where they come from, I’m not sure. But we’re going to need offensive linemen. The numbers dictate it.”

Currently on the offensive line we have:

C: Billy Price, Hopkins, Lundblade
G: Boling, Miller, Redmond, Westerman, and Taylor
T: Glenn, Hart, Perkins

I think if Taylor was a Tackle ( they may think he is, but he's listed at guard ) he'd have a better chance, but right now there's a ton of things working against him. Hopefully he can become something, but he's already lost a year of development with a staff that didn't bring him in.

I wouldn't get mad if they took an OT in 1.  They're a Glenn injury away from starting the backup swing guy.  That's scarier than Captain Drive Killer Hart starting every game.  I'm not sure a tackle worthy the 11th pick is in this draft, but perhaps they will think otherwise.

I also am not a fan of taking any linebacker other than White in 1.  That also tilts the scales to a OT, at least a hair.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2019, 01:10 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Tsylor has a legit shot to make the roster. If Hart comes out and duplicates his play from last year Taylor might be plan B
Taylor can play G or OT so.he has value.
but his health is paramount.
if Boling goes down who plays LG?
Taylor if he makes the final 48?

Westerman
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Taylor has a shot at the roster because the OL depth blows. The fact that a 7th rounder off an ACL tear is being considered speaks to how bad the depth is.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2019, 10:09 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Taylor has a shot at the roster because the OL depth blows. The fact that a 7th rounder off an ACL tear is being considered speaks to how bad the depth is.

I think the O line depth at guard is ok, its the tackle depth that blows.
Reply/Quote