Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LJ Fort - 3 years $5.6 Million with the Eagles
Man...I would have signed him for that!

That may be the best value contract I've seen this offseason. Mark my words on this one!
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2019, 11:22 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Man...I would have signed him for that!

That may be the best value contract I've seen this offseason. Mark my words on this one!

That is flat out peanuts.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Yes - Surprising!

I mean he's not a big name, but he played really well as a backup.
Reply/Quote
I didn’t remember him being with Bengals in 2015 but that’s what it says (practice squad?)
He’s 29 so that is a bit old for the Bengals to sign as a FA. Seems they look for only guys in there mid 20s coming off their 1st contracts who have experience but aren’t expensive.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2019, 11:22 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Man...I would have signed him for that!

The guy played in a 3-4 system and I believe was ST ace prior to starting last year for the Steelers. My point being he may be great, but would he fit our 4-3 system? 

I don't think so matter how great the deal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2019, 12:03 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I didn’t remember him being with Bengals  in 2015 but that’s what it says (practice squad?)
He’s 29 so that is a bit old for the Bengals to sign as a FA.  Seems they look for only guys in there mid 20s coming off their 1st contracts who have experience but aren’t expensive.

I think Webb is 29.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2019, 01:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The guy played in a 3-4 system and I believe was ST ace prior to starting last year for the Steelers. My point being he may be great, but would he fit our 4-3 system? 

I don't think so matter how great the deal.

It's hard to say, but man for less than $2 million a year...if he could come in and make our special teams better and be able to play some snaps I think that would be great. Would have.

For that price, he wouldn't have to start even...but we'd have more depth than just Nickerson.
Reply/Quote

Bengals are paying a premium to get players to come here.

Reply/Quote
And then everyone would be complaining we signed another worn out past their prime linebacker.....
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2019, 05:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And then everyone would be complaining we signed another worn out past their prime linebacker.....

It's nice to have you dream up hypothetical complaining. Thanks for contributing that.

You do realize there's a difference between signing an actual quality player for a good price than signing a scrub like Bobby Hart that gave up 10 sacks for a high price, right?
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2019, 07:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's nice to have you dream up hypothetical complaining. Thanks for contributing that.

You do realize there's a difference between signing an actual quality player for a good price than signing a scrub like Bobby Hart that gave up 10 sacks for a high price, right?

What makes LJ Fort a quality player? 

He was a nickle linebacker that made zero plays on the football. The Steelers hurting for talent at linebacker almost as bad as the Bengals let him walk with a cheap contract.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote