Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
LMAO I’ll make a prediction
The preseason with Jake Browning and our additions is gonna produce more wins. We are like 2-4 the last 2 years. This roster rocks and I can’t wait to see these new guys.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
You know, we've had great pre seasons and horrible seasons. I'm ok with bad preseasons if it means what we've had the last 2 years.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2023, 10:12 PM)pally Wrote: You know, we've had great pre seasons and horrible seasons. I'm ok with bad preseasons if it means what we've had the last 2 years.

I agree but it’s still indicative of a good roster. I’m pretty stoked about the whole roster
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2023, 10:25 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I agree but it’s still indicative of a good roster. I’m pretty stoked about the whole roster

He's right.  We have had success in preseason on poor teams because the backups weren't far off the starters, so when the starters went against everyone else's top players, they struggled.  In more recent years, though, we have seen the depth of talent really excel in preseason.  

If you think about all the depth they have at offensive line, and more specifically, Tackle, they will be having guys like Ford and Carman likely playing a lot of snaps.  The depth at WR will also be fun to watch.  Ditto the young and speedy secondary.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll make another prediction. Although I'd love to see Burrow and the team on Hard Knocks, I predict we will have to sit through the NFL slobbering all over Aaron Rodgers and the Jets.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 08:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'll make another prediction. Although I'd love to see Burrow and the team on Hard Knocks, I predict we will have to sit through the NFL slobbering all over Aaron Rodgers and the Jets.

Hell, I watched on YouTube, a video from one of ESPN's shows (could've been NFLN) about which teams are "climbing the mountain" to reach the Chiefs. One guy (David Carr, I think) said the Bills are pretty close. The next guy (don't remember who) said the Ravens, THE RAVENS, were really close and had them higher than the Bills. So, it's not only going to be Aaron and the Jets getting slobbered over. 

They had the Eagles has the closest to the Chiefs and no mention of the Bengals, BTW.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 08:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'll make another prediction. Although I'd love to see Burrow and the team on Hard Knocks, I predict we will have to sit through the NFL slobbering all over Aaron Rodgers and the Jets.

I dont think playoff teams are eligible.

They usually like the teams that are struggling
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 11:16 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I dont think playoff teams are eligible.

Hard Knocks   Playoffs
  • Baltimore Ravens (2001)        2000 SuperBowl Champs
  • Dallas Cowboys (2008)          2007  13 -3
  • Cincinnati Bengals (2013)            2012   10 -6 lost to Houston in playoffs. Shame on you XenoMorph.  Whatever 
  •  New York Jets (2010)               2009    lost to colts in AFC Championship
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If you do good in preseason it speaks to how good your depth is.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 10:55 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Hell, I watched on YouTube, a video from one of ESPN's shows (could've been NFLN) about which teams are "climbing the mountain" to reach the Chiefs. One guy (David Carr, I think) said the Bills are pretty close. The next guy (don't remember who) said the Ravens, THE RAVENS, were really close and had them higher than the Bills. So, it's not only going to be Aaron and the Jets getting slobbered over. 

They had the Eagles has the closest to the Chiefs and no mention of the Bengals, BTW.

I saw that and an hour earlier Bucky Brooks ( who was on that segment) picked Philly then when an hour earlier said Cincy had the best draft of all 32 teams lol.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 12:18 PM)BengalYankee Wrote:                                      Hard Knocks   Playoffs

• Baltimore Ravens (2001)        2000 SuperBowl Champs
  • Dallas Cowboys (2008)          2007  13 -3
  • Cincinnati Bengals (2013)            2012   10 -6 lost to Houston in playoffs. Shame on you XenoMorph.  Whatever 
  •  New York Jets (2010)               2009    lost to colts in AFC Championship

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2023/03/23/hard-knocks-2023-hbo-how-teams-are-selected-eligible-jets-bears-saints-commanders-aaron-rodgers

Quote:Since 2014, teams have been exempt from being the focus of that year’s Hard Knocks season if they have a first year head coach, have been a playoff team in the last two seasons or if they’ve appeared on Hard Knocks in the last decade.
Of course any team can volunteer like the Rams and Chargers did in 2020, but they had problems getting teams to do it so that's one reason they had to make the eligibility rules that could force a team to be featured.  That and Goodell stated they wanted more teams to participate on some kind of rotation which I'm guessing is why a team being featured in last 10 years is also exempt from being forced to do the show.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 07:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He's right.  We have had success in preseason on poor teams because the backups weren't far off the starters, so when the starters went against everyone else's top players, they struggled.  In more recent years, though, we have seen the depth of talent really excel in preseason.  

If you think about all the depth they have at offensive line, and more specifically, Tackle, they will be having guys like Ford and Carman likely playing a lot of snaps.  The depth at WR will also be fun to watch.  Ditto the young and speedy secondary.  

She's right, Pally is a she SHRacer. Just had to tell yah. ThumbsUp

BTW, I don't really care about us winning in the Preseason, but I would like for us to give some snaps to new starters in the Preseason
to get them ready for the opener and not be so rusty. The starters on the OL should play at least a couple series as we added Orlando 
Brown and either Carman or Jonah are playing a new position. Get that chemistry going. 

Same with Safety, Dax Hill and Nick Scott need some snaps in the Preseason.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 01:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: She's right, Pally is a she SHRacer. Just had to tell yah. ThumbsUp

BTW, I don't really care about us winning in the Preseason, but I would like for us to give some snaps to new starters in the Preseason
to get them ready for the opener and not be so rusty. The starters on the OL should play at least a couple series as we added Orlando 
Brown and either Carman or Jonah are playing a new position. Get that chemistry going. 

Same with Safety, Dax Hill and Nick Scott need some snaps in the Preseason.

Duh.  I knew that.  I think I saw the name of who she quoted.

And I completely agree about the experience for at least a little bit of preseason.  
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 10:55 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Hell, I watched on YouTube, a video from one of ESPN's shows (could've been NFLN) about which teams are "climbing the mountain" to reach the Chiefs. One guy (David Carr, I think) said the Bills are pretty close. The next guy (don't remember who) said the Ravens, THE RAVENS, were really close and had them higher than the Bills. So, it's not only going to be Aaron and the Jets getting slobbered over. 

I think Burrow is a better passer than Lamar Jackson, but there's no denying the impact Lamar Jackson has on the Ravens' win-loss record.
Last year, he was 8-4.
The team went 2-3 without him.
His career record is 45-16-0 (73.77% win percentage)
The team is a consistent winner overall when he's on the field.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

To leave us out, the team that is 3-1 against the Chiefs the last 4 times we played is pretty damn ignorant lol

Doesn't surprise me and we can use this stuff as motivation. The Ravens are good when they are healthy especially with Lamar.

I understand them being in the talk, but to ignore the Bengals is just stupid. We sure look like we have the Bills number too.

If we have our trenches healthy and playing well going into the Playoffs all these teams including the Eagles or 49ers in the SB should
be worried. Burrow, these weapons, with a good DL, good Defense and improved ST's is a tough task for any team to take on.

(05-03-2023, 04:22 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Duh.  I knew that.  I think I saw the name of who she quoted.

And I completely agree about the experience for at least a little bit of preseason.  

Thought you did. A lot of guys don't know this though, so it is a good thing to remind people Pally is a gal.

For sure, really think not getting snaps with our new OL last Preseason really made it a slow start to the season on Offense.

No coincidence we started out 0-2 and in a hole. Amazing we made it to the AFC Championship after this and damn near won.
Reply/Quote
Really don't care how the Bengals do in preseason at all, especially if Zac sits starters again. Plus if he doesn't then its not a fair comparison anyhow.
Yet do believe this draft set the Bengals up nicely for a great season even though they really targeted no immediate starters in draft.

First its always been well known I liked Browning over Allen and felt the FO may have been done with OL additions so these are no surprises to me. Would say this draft was a HR had they drafted the Georgia TE Washigton in the 3rd instead of letting the steelers get him. Oh well, spilled milk.

But Myles Murphy added to Hendrickson, Hubbard and Ossai should be a very formidable rush. Same thing happens when adding DJ Turner to Awuzie, CTB, and Hilton. Was already happy with the LBers and hopefully Battle will help round out the Safeties. So really like the defense.

Think the Punter Robbins is an upgrade and WR depth just got the shot in the arm they needed with Jones and Iosivas coming in. Think Chase Brown is an upgrade over Perrine too.

Not a huge fan of rolling with Mixon, but it is what it is.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2023, 11:16 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I dont think playoff teams are eligible.

They are eligible, they just can't be compelled if they do not want to do it. Playoff teams, new Head coaches, etc. I think there are only like 4 teams this year that HAVE to do it if asked. All of them can say yes if they want to do it. 
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2023, 04:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They are eligible, they just can't be compelled if they do not want to do it. Playoff teams, new Head coaches, etc. I think there are only like 4 teams this year that HAVE to do it if asked. All of them can say yes if they want to do it. 

I'd be surprised if any team was compelled to do it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I just hope everyone stays healthy.
Reply/Quote
Big running back battle this pre-season that will be fun to watch.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote