Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOL.
(05-10-2016, 07:44 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He's usually very honest in his coverage of the Bengals. Doesn't tear them down like other analysts on NFL.com, and from what I gather from his writing, understands that our team/fanbase gets a raw deal.

I don't think the Bell article is a great example of him being a 'Steeler Fan'. Before Bell got hurt he could very well be the best running back in pro football. I can't think of many others that were playing at his level, when healthy.

Bell had 1 bad year (3.5 ypc his rookie year) and 1 great year... and then tore his knee up... twice. If we're calling people the best in the league for one year that was two torn knees ago, then you're going to be wrong an awful lot. That's why nobody said they think Bob Sanders was the best safety in the league. I know the quality of NFL RB has dropped lately due to the college game, but there's still some good ones out there. AP, Forte, McCoy.

If we're talking injury prone talented RB, I would put Jamaal Charles ahead of Bell.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
No one should be surprised. More than likely it'll be the other way around.

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 07:44 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He's usually very honest in his coverage of the Bengals. Doesn't tear them down like other analysts on NFL.com, and from what I gather from his writing, understands that our team/fanbase gets a raw deal.

I don't think the Bell article is a great example of him being a 'Steeler Fan'. Before Bell got hurt he could very well be the best running back in pro football. I can't think of many others that were playing at his level, when healthy.

Bell is/was great as a versatile threat out of the backfield.

I cannot disagree with you here at all.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 08:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bell had 1 bad year (3.5 ypc his rookie year) and 1 great year... and then tore his knee up... twice. If we're calling people the best in the league for one year that was two torn knees ago, then you're going to be wrong an awful lot. That's why nobody said they think Bob Sanders was the best safety in the league. I know the quality of NFL RB has dropped lately due to the college game, but there's still some good ones out there. AP, Forte, McCoy.

If we're talking injury prone talented RB, I would put Jamaal Charles ahead of Bell.

AP, Forte, McCoy, hell even Charles, all older than 25. The article was the best players 25 and younger lol. I think Harrison did no wrong on this one.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 09:59 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: AP, Forte, McCoy, hell even Charles, all older than 25. The article was the best players 25 and younger lol. I think Harrison did no wrong on this one.

I think Bell is a good RB but I think he is a bit overrated due to the offense he plays in. Teams have to cover all those WRS. What really sealed that thought for me was how dominant D.Williams was when Bell went down.

I agree with you that he did nothing wrong with that article and the arguemental can be made for Bell but I think D.Will showed what a half way decent RB can do in that offense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 09:59 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: AP, Forte, McCoy, hell even Charles, all older than 25. The article was the best players 25 and younger lol. I think Harrison did no wrong on this one.

Yes, I am aware they are all older than 25. I feel like you didn't even read my post at all. Go back and look at it again.

I am not arguing Bell being on the under-25 list, I am arguing with the fact that he said Bell is the best RB in the league regardless of age.

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 10:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yes, I am aware they are all older than 25. I feel like you didn't even read my post at all. Go back and look at it again.

I am not arguing Bell being on the under-25 list, I am arguing with the fact that he said Bell is the best RB in the league regardless of age.

Guess I just don't get the point. Guy says Bell is the best running back in the league, so now he is a Steeler Fan? There are plenty of non Steeler fans who think the guy is the best in the league..... I just don't see it as some outrageous statement like you do. Bell could very well be the best RB in the league when healthy....

The only thing I'm arguing is that he is a Steelers homer. The RB's you mentioned have all been/can be better than Bell.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 10:10 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I think Bell is a good RB but I think he is a bit overrated due to the offense he plays in. Teams have to cover all those WRS. What really sealed that thought for me was how dominant D.Williams was when Bell went down.

I agree with you that he did nothing wrong with that article and the arguemental can be made for Bell but I think D.Will showed what a half way decent RB can do in that offense.

That is a valid point. DeAngelo Williams did play great when Bell went down.

The thing is DeAngelo Williams was damn good as a Panther, injuries were his down fall then, not talent.

Not like Williams was some scrub, older, but no scrub.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 12:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is a valid point. DeAngelo Williams did play great when Bell went down.

The thing is DeAngelo Williams was damn good as a Panther, injuries were his down fall then, not talent.

Not like Williams was some scrub, older, but no scrub.

Not a scrub, but he did have the highest YPC he's had since 2011. Williams also had both the most receptions and receiving yards in his entire career (which is a big part of why Bell was rated so highly) in just a partial season.

Might not explain everything, but it certainly hints at something.

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2016, 08:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not a scrub, but he did have the highest YPC he's had since 2011. Williams also had both the most receptions and receiving yards in his entire career (which is a big part of why Bell was rated so highly) in just a partial season.

Might not explain everything, but it certainly hints at something.

True, i agree with you too that the Steelers passing game, namely Ben and the receivers really opens it up for the RB to succeed.

But i also believe that when Bell has been healthy he has been really good. Glad we take him out every year. Tongue
Reply/Quote