Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LSU Gets Home Cooking
So it's all set up for Louisiana to play in Louisiana in the Championship Game. Ain't that some Home Cooking.

You Kentucky and SEC Fans may love this. I would like to see Louisiana have to play in Ohio in the cold of January 13th and see the warm weather team deal with that road game.

I always felt the Miami Hurricanes winning the National Championship in Miami Orange Bowl was a crock of Bull. Same for USC or UCLA home game Rose Bowl. Of course Texas teams in Texas Cotton Bowl and Alabama and SEC in the Deep South Sugar Bowl. A great part of the SEC hype is due to the Home Field advantage of the Bowl Games that are in The Deep South mostly.

So if Ohio State can beat a very tough Clemson on neutral field in Arizona, LSU gets nothing but Home Cooking in Deep South Peach Bowl against Oklahoma and a win puts them at Home in Louisiana for Championship. To me it will take away from it like Miami Championships in Orange Bowl.

Anybody that doesn't see LSU has a huge Home Field Advantage is lying. LSU is a great team, but the Championship in Louisiana takes away from it. IF Ohio State or Oklahoma win it all, they deserve Extra Respect for keeping Louisiana from winning in Louisiana. Louisiana would be road games for Ohio State and Oklahoma and Clemson. Certainly Louisiana in Louisiana is a Home Game for Louisiana.

Again, much of the greatness of the SEC is they get to play Bowl Games in SEC Home Cooking. Lets see them play up North in the snow and see how hot they are. Something Northern NFL team scouts may want to factor in. What if a Burrow can't throw in Ice and Snow like a Ken Anderson, Bradshaw or Brady, and looks more like Dan Fouts in Bengals Freezer Bowl, that would be a problem for a Northern Team to have players who can't play in The North.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Most Bowl games are played in the same stadiums every year and that's in a warmer climate area or a dome. As for the National Championship being in Lousiana this year that was decided years in advanced. It's a coincidence LSU is in the CFB playoffs.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 09:28 AM)Synric Wrote: Most Bowl games are played in the same stadiums every year and that's in a warmer climate area or a dome. As for the National Championship being in Lousiana this year that was decided years in advanced. It's a coincidence LSU is in the CFB playoffs.

Hurtz will take care of that....  or The buckeyes if lsu makes it there.
Reply/Quote