Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LWCF Funding
I know this may be a shock to some of you, but I am here to compliment Trump.

Now, that being said, I'm not giving him the praise some are. This is, after all, a reversal of just last month when his budget proposed slashing LWCF down to 1% of the full funding levels ($14.8 million out of $900 million) and 3% of what Congress appropriated last year ($485 million). I am guessing that they told him that this could be a bipartisan win leading up to the election, which it could be, and if this works out then it is a big win for our public lands and I am excited for that.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-04-2020, 11:02 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I know this may be a shock to some of you, but I am here to compliment Trump.

Now, that being said, I'm not giving him the praise some are. This is, after all, a reversal of just last month when his budget proposed slashing LWCF down to 1% of the full funding levels ($14.8 million out of $900 million) and 3% of what Congress appropriated last year ($485 million). I am guessing that they told him that this could be a bipartisan win leading up to the election, which it could be, and if this works out then it is a big win for our public lands and I am excited for that.

Yeah, lip service to "look good" but if he accidentally does the right thing that's at least a good thing.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I'm happy that he realizes that this could help him politically.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-04-2020, 11:02 AM)Belsnickel Wrote:  I am guessing that they told him that this could be a bipartisan win leading up to the election, which it could be, and if this works out then it is a big win for our public lands and I am excited for that.
I'm cool with the selfishness of trying to win re-election if it leads politicians to doing things that are genuinely popular, good and bipartisan. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(03-04-2020, 11:02 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I know this may be a shock to some of you, but I am here to compliment Trump.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-04-2020, 07:45 PM)6andcounting Wrote: I'm cool with the selfishness of trying to win re-election if it leads politicians to doing things that are genuinely popular, good and bipartisan. 

Oh, I'm cool with good policies happening for shitty reasons, which is why I am complimenting Trump for this. I've just seen some rather effusive praise for him due to this and I'm holding back from that because of his previous track record on this issue.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-04-2020, 09:44 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Oh, I'm cool with good policies happening for shitty reasons, which is why I am complimenting Trump for this. I've just seen some rather effusive praise for him due to this and I'm holding back from that because of his previous track record on this issue.

Trump Yosemite National Golf Resort  Ninja
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Well, today is the Senate vote. I'm currently watch CSPAN, because I'm a nerd like that. It is expected to clear the Senate and move on to the House.