Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
La'el Collins Appreciation
There are a couple posters here saying Collins is wasted money, even after this Saints game.  Even though the guy only costs $7M per year and is tons better than what we had last year.  Which of our olineman in the Super Bowl were doing any of this?

Reply/Quote
He looked much faster and stronger yesterday. Wonder if his back is feeling better.
Reply/Quote
Tony called collins Cordy Gelnn after 2 quarters
Reply/Quote
We need him doing this as well, good to see.

No expert yet to me he seems to be a mauler when able to engage but has trouble when they try to speed rush around him sometimes.

Hopefully that was per his back, but it seems to be better they way he rag dolled them on these plays.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 08:17 PM)ATOTR Wrote: Tony called collins Cordy Gelnn after 2 quarters

Our friend Whacked isnt a fan, c'mon man...

(Bates thread) Biggest waste of money on the team:  
"It’s a toss up between Collins and Bates, 
Not a fan of either so far this year"

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 08:30 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Our friend Whacked isnt a fan, c'mon man...

I am very happy they did not sign bates long term

We need that money elsewhere. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 08:36 PM)ATOTR Wrote: I am very happy they did not sign bates long term

We need that money elsewhere. 

Most of us agree with that assessment, Minkah showed us how disruptive a top safety plays on opening day.  Bates has been nonexistent in 6 games. 

Reply/Quote
The first four games featured some really puzzling play by Collins. There are plays where he looked like Cedric Ogbuehi out there, lunging and flailing. I'm sure that he's not a lazy guy and I'm sure that he knows a lot about the craft of playing tackle, I don't want to be too harsh. My take prior to this game was that it was his back and that he should just sit until if/when it improved. I had wondered the same about Mixon with his ankle or foot. Anyway, from what I saw he was much improved. He showed some guts and fire trying to block two rushers on Burrow's td scramble. Hopefully he'll continue to feel/play better from here on out. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 08:41 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: The first four games featured some really puzzling play by Collins. There are plays where he looked like Cedric Ogbuehi out there, lunging and flailing. I'm sure that he's he's not a lazy guy and I'm sure that he knows a lot about the craft of playing tackle, I don't want to be too harsh. My take prior to this game was that it was his back and that he should just sit until if/when it improved. I had wondered the same about Mixon with his ankle or foot. Anyway, from what I saw he was much improved. He showed some guts and fire trying to block two rushers on Burrow's td scramble. Hopefully he'll continue to feel/play better from here on out. 

Right? This game is night and day.  To be fair the complainers had ample evidence with LC's poor play but the Saints have a very good front line and LC looked like a different player, hoping that back is less of an issue now.

Reply/Quote
Great thread and great vids to show what I just saw as I just watched the game. La'el played fantastic and pretty
much erased Cam Jordan and whoever on the right side he went against. This was the La'el Collins I thought we
would see. Great to see it, his back is feeling better as Bilbo said and it is clear to me what the problem was.

He keeps playing like this and he was a great pickup in FA for the price.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 08:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great thread and great vids to show what I just saw as I just watched the game. La'el played fantastic and pretty
much erased Cam Jordan and whoever on the right side he went against. This was the La'el Collins I thought we
would see. Great to see it, his back is feeling better as Bilbo said and it is clear to me what the problem was.

He keeps playing like this and he was a great pickup in FA for the price.

Cappa is playing like a BOSS in these vids as well. Right side looking good.

Reply/Quote
Collins is a great teammate. He’s trying to manage his back but in doing so he missed a ton of work with the OL. He’s just not been in sync. He cares about his teammates and his coaches. He realized he’s been letting the team down. Messing up the shovel pass resonated with him. It was a light bulb moment. The team was under the gun at 2-3. I think he plays much better now.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 08:54 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Cappa is playing like a BOSS in these vids as well. RT side looking good.

Oh yeah, those were some nice running lanes to the right and Cappa has been great all season IMO.

We just were passing in this game, just the way you play when you are down and getting the passing game going.

Don't care about PFF ratings at times especially with Cappa who I think has been fantastic. 

The right side should be so much better this season from here on out and Mixon is actually hitting the hole and Burrow 
is actually starting to take what the Defense gives him in the Slants and such. The best is yet to come. We knew it would
take time for the OL the gel but hey, it is getting there, also Jonah being injured and Cordell being a rookie you are going
to have a few bad plays by the OL here and there.

(10-17-2022, 08:55 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Collins is a great teammate. He’s trying to manage his back but in doing so he missed a ton of work with the OL. He’s just not been in sync. He cares about his teammates and his coaches. He realized he’s been letting the team down. Messing up the shovel pass resonated with him. It was a light bulb moment. The team was under the gun at 2-3. I think he plays much better now.

Same. Really like La'el Collins, so happy to see him getting better.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 08:30 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Our friend Whacked isnt a fan, c'mon man...

I cannot lie — not a fan lol
Maybe I’m still hung up on the preseason hype but he is mehhhh
Reply/Quote
Wonder what his pff was yesterday. As well as he played he probably got like a 50
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 08:44 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Right? This game is night and day.  To be fair the complainers had ample evidence with LC's poor play but the Saints have a very good front line and LC looked like a different player, hoping that back is less of an issue now.

Back issues can be tricky. Hopefully he's getting better. We need him, we're pretty thin in the backup Oline dept.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 09:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Back issues can be tricky. Hopefully he's getting better. We need him, we're pretty thin in the backup Oline dept.

My back just started acting up and it's hard to do anything without compensating. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 09:14 PM)Whacked Wrote: I cannot lie — not a fan lol  
Maybe I’m still hung up on the preseason hype but he is mehhhh

There is no meh about what La'el Collins did yesterday. He played a fantastic game and these vids show it.

I do think you are still hung up Whacked. His back needed to get better, this has been his problem and it feels better clearly.

I saw him talking to Burrow before one play and saying something like no one is getting by me, no one.

Love seeing that confidence in my O-lineman and what he said rang true.

It was the other side of the Line that failed right after lol
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 09:35 PM)Go Cards Wrote: My back just started acting up and it's hard to do anything without compensating. 

Smoke a little weed bro  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 08:11 PM)casear2727 Wrote: There are a couple posters here saying Collins is wasted money, even after this Saints game.  Even though the guy only costs $7M per year and is tons better than what we had last year.  Which of our olineman in the Super Bowl were doing any of this?

I think the issue is many on here and some in the media put him as a top tier tackle and he obviously had not played like that in the early part of season, lets hope yesterdays game he has turned the corner
Reply/Quote