Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
La'el Collins Appreciation
(10-17-2022, 09:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Smoke a little weed bro  Mellow

Nah hell with it, a lot  Shocked
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He played great against the Saints. I didn’t hear Cam Jordan’s name called once all game.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 10:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He played great against the Saints. I didn’t hear Cam Jordan’s name called once all game.

That is saying something. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Part of the board is notorious for a new player having a couple bad games to start their Bengals career and then criticizing them for the rest of their Bengals career no matter how well they play.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 10:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He played great against the Saints. I didn’t hear Cam Jordan’s name called once all game.

Just playing devils advocate but it’s a fair question …

How do we know Cam Jordan didnt just have a bad game or wasn’t playing up to his potential?

Lol :)
Reply/Quote
He looked really fluid and explosive yesterday. That’s what we were paying for. Love the violence he shows with his hands as well, Trent Williams esque
Reply/Quote
If it was his back that would explain it all, as when your back is out you are stiff. For a lineman that removes proper balance and probably caused a lot of the blocks where he lunged.
Reply/Quote
I noticed when we were down in the Red Zone and the Saints' fans were cheering as loud as they could, LC was asking them for more.

He was basically saying.."You're not doing what you hope you're doing"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 11:45 PM)Joelist Wrote: If it was his back that would explain it all, as when your back is out you are stiff. For a lineman that removes proper balance and probably caused a lot of the blocks where he lunged.

I think that's part of it.

The defenders try too. Some matchups are more favorable. Watt and Parsons are a bad way to start a season.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 11:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think that's part of it.

The defenders try too. Some matchups are more favorable. Watt and Parsons are a bad way to start a season.

Coming back from injury and trying to get your feet wet on a new team with an all new o-line, then compounding that with Watt and Parsons. Sounds like a recipe for success to me   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 11:12 PM)Whacked Wrote: Just playing devils advocate but it’s a fair question …

How do we know Cam Jordan didnt just have a bad game or wasn’t playing up to his potential?

Lol :)

Cam Jordan had 3.5 sacks in his previous 3 games coming into our matchup. He had been playing lights out for the Saints recently.

Give credit when it’s due.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 09:14 PM)Whacked Wrote: I cannot lie — not a fan lol  
Maybe I’m still hung up on the preseason hype but he is mehhhh

We get the guy at a major discount and he is worlds better than last year.  When healthy the guy has shown dominance. I dont get this opinion?  Im glad we have him.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 10:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Part of the board is notorious for a new player having a couple bad games to start their Bengals career and then criticizing them for the rest of their Bengals career no matter how well they play.

That same part of the board obviously never played a sport while hurt either. They're the same ones who said Spain sucked because he wasn't that good in the playoffs, without taking into consideration he was really good all season until he got injured and was playing hurt. They're the ones saying Mixon is done because he hasn't been running like himself, even though it was announced he injured his ankle in the Jets game. Players play hurt because they are still better hurt than their backups are healthy. But they can't perform at their best, that's just common sense. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 03:08 AM)casear2727 Wrote: We get the guy at a major discount and he is worlds better than last year.  When healthy the guy has shown dominance. I dont get this opinion?  Im glad we have him.

He was a BUM the first 4 games and I haven’t forgotten.

1-2 decent games doesn’t convince me he is a rock star.

He hasn’t won me over yet that’s all.

I’ll be watching and hoping he does well of course.

Just not buying in “yet”.
Reply/Quote
I think the OL is finally starting to gel. Collins did not play much last year, so I think he was just knocking the rust off. If they keep trending up like this then our offense could finally become consistent.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 11:45 PM)Joelist Wrote: If it was his back that would explain it all, as when your back is out you are stiff. For a lineman that removes proper balance and probably caused a lot of the blocks where he lunged.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Was gonna rewatch the game and check La’el out actually
-Housh
Reply/Quote