Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lack of Usage of TE's in the Passing Game
Our TE group seems fairly healthy. We know Eifert was a weapon in the past. We know Sample was a 2nd Round pick. Why not use them more?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Figured they would at least use Sample more to get the run game going considering he is such a great blocking TE. I know the Rams used a lot of 3 WR sets , with the injuries we have at the position I figured we would see more double TE sets with Sample and Eifert. The offense has zero creativity.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:50 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Figured they would at least use Sample more to get the run game going considering he is such a great blocking TE. I know the Rams used a lot of 3 WR sets , with the injuries we have at the position I figured we would see more double TE sets with Sample and Eifert to. The offense has zero creativity.

I feel like the lack of creativity is astounding. You can copy the Rams playbook, but you have to customize it for your personnel.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 10:44 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Our TE group seems fairly healthy. We know Eifert was a weapon in the past. We know Sample was a 2nd Round pick. Why not use them more?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Because this team would prefer to use an actual WR as a receiver vs a TE. They want to use their TEs to block. This was present when Taylor was at MIA and LAR, and we see the same now. 

Big reason why:
1) Dumb to extend Tyler Eifert, whose strength is catching passes
2) Dumb to draft a TE in the 2nd round
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's mind-boggling. Just as it is the lack of RB involvement in the passing game. We actually saw Mixon run a route yesterday and score a TD!

I can't remember one ball thrown to a TE down the seam, and you can count on 1 hand the number of balls thrown to Mixon or Gio that wasn't a screen or last resort check down.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 11:09 AM)Fullrock Wrote: It's mind-boggling. Just as it is the lack of RB involvement in the passing game. We actually saw Mixon run a route yesterday and score a TD!

I can't remember one ball thrown to a TE down the seam, and you can count on 1 hand the number of balls thrown to Mixon or Gio that wasn't a screen or last resort check down.

They mainly throw screens to Bernard. The Jags on the Pick 6 said they knew that when Bernard was in it was likely to be a screen.
Reply/Quote