Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lack of creativity on.offense.
(09-16-2020, 01:05 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'm not saying Boyd isn't a good player.  However, Top 10 #2 WR really means very little.  That means 69th percentile and closer to average than the best. He's a good #2, but not top tier.

Over the last two seasons Boyd is 15th among WRs in receiving yards.  Last year he was 21st in receiving yards among all WRs.  How the hell does that work out to "69th percentile".  

He has been more productive than many #1WRs.
Reply/Quote
Hard to be creative with the offensive line we have..
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 02:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Over the last two seasons Boyd is 15th among WRs in receiving yards.  Last year he was 21st in receiving yards among all WRs.  How the hell does that work out to "69th percentile".  

He has been more productive than many #1WRs.

Boyd was 7th in Targets last year and wound up 25th in receiving yards and tied for 45th in TD receptions.  So, basically, your same argument that you routinely use against Auden Tate applies to Boyd.  He's not as productive as he should be given the number of Targets he gets.

As mentioned earlier, he's basically been a #1 the last year and a half because AJ has been hurt.  Last year, 4 #2 WR's bettered his production as a #1.  How is he a top tier #2 when that many #2's are outproducing him when he's serving as the #1 due to injuries?

If you're 10th best out of 32 #2 WR's, you're 69th percentile.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:16 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Getting creative with this OL would be more like pulling a Longest Yard move and throwing the ball right into the DE's family jewels after he runs by Hart. Personally I just would like to start with finding a way to protect Burrow long enough for him to set his feet and throw some medium range passes. That would be a good start for me, but I'm pretty boring. I feel like a draw play would get blown up before the handoff happened.

What Bengaloo said, we need to get that right side of the line and namely Hart the hell out of the game.

I have defended this guy before, but he is clearly the weak link. See if Fred Johnson or Adeniji have something to them.

Adeniji has looked good in camp against good pass rushers and he is young and smart, he can learn.

Hart just doesn't seem to have it at this point. Bosa single handedly won that game for the Chargers. 

This and us turning the ball over doomed us. We played far too well on D to lose that game.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 07:11 PM)Whatever Wrote: Boyd was 7th in Targets last year and wound up 25th in receiving yards and tied for 45th in TD receptions.  So, basically, your same argument that you routinely use against Auden Tate applies to Boyd.  He's not as productive as he should be given the number of Targets he gets.

As mentioned earlier, he's basically been a #1 the last year and a half because AJ has been hurt.  Last year, 4 #2 WR's bettered his production as a #1.  How is he a top tier #2 when that many #2's are outproducing him when he's serving as the #1 due to injuries?

If you're 10th best out of 32 #2 WR's, you're 69th percentile.  

Just because a ball is thrown towards a WR doesnt mean it's catchable. You can be targeted 100 times but if the ball is 5ft above your head or hits the dirt 2yds in front of you like we've seen the last 2 seasons you aren't going to catch many passes.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 07:11 PM)Whatever Wrote: If you're 10th best out of 32 #2 WR's, you're 69th percentile.  

Not if your more productive than many #1 WRs.
Reply/Quote