Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lack of creativity on.offense.
(09-15-2020, 01:11 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: The line wasnt awful in the 2nd half. Name 10 number 2 receivers better than Boyd. I will be waiting a long time. we have top 10 Dline Top 5 Safeties  talent isn't lacking. Coaching might be but not talent

The Chargers were worn out in the 2nd half from sprinting upfield to nail Burrow the entire first half. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 01:44 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Hell - just  trade a first or second round pick for a really good offensive lineman thats under contract for a few more years. We sure as hell cant develop first round offensive line talent. Whats the difference other than youre getting an asset who you knows is good and dont have to take your luck on a first round offensinve lineman in the draft. 

we tried that with Cordy Glenn how did that work out?
Reply/Quote
Well with what i read about Burrow being a rookie.. part of the issue could be making it simple for the Rookie..
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 01:11 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: The line wasnt awful in the 2nd half. Name 10 number 2 receivers better than Boyd. I will be waiting a long time. we have top 10 Dline Top 5 Safeties  talent isn't lacking. Coaching might be but not talent

Boyd is a good, but not top tier #2.  Ten is pushing it, but off the top of my head Mike Evans, Robert Woods, Calvin Ridley, Mike Williams, DK Metcalf, and Michael Gallup are all better.  Arguably, Jarvis Landry would qualify, but you could argue that he's the #1 in Cleveland.  Plus there's a lot of teams with a better #1 than AJ and/or a better #3 than Ross.

Top 10 DL I agree with, but Top 5 S?  I like Bell and Bates showed a lot of promise as a rookie, but there's no way they're Top 5.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 02:11 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: we tried that with Cordy Glenn how did that work out?

Glenn wasn't very healthy the entire time he was a Bengal and even the year prior to being acquired by Cincy.
However, when he was, he was still one of the best OL on the team.

With that said, maybe the Bengals shouldn't gamble on a dude coming back from injury and just go after a stud who is healthy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 03:34 PM)Whatever Wrote: Boyd is a good, but not top tier #2.  Ten is pushing it, but off the top of my head Mike Evans, Robert Woods, Calvin Ridley, Mike Williams, DK Metcalf, and Michael Gallup are all better.  Arguably, Jarvis Landry would qualify, but you could argue that he's the #1 in Cleveland.  Plus there's a lot of teams with a better #1 than AJ and/or a better #3 than Ross.

Top 10 DL I agree with, but Top 5 S?  I like Bell and Bates showed a lot of promise as a rookie, but there's no way they're Top 5.

Boyd is absolutely in the top tier for #2’s.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 10:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Boyd is absolutely in the top tier for #2’s.

Based on what criteria?  Who would you take Boyd over out of the guys I named?  Evans, Woods, Gallup, and Landry had more receiving yards last year as #2's than Boyd as the de facto #1.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 11:39 PM)Whatever Wrote: Based on what criteria?  Who would you take Boyd over out of the guys I named?  Evans, Woods, Gallup, and Landry had more receiving yards last year as #2's than Boyd as the de facto #1.

Boyd had the corpse of Andy Dalton, Ryan Finley, and Jeff Driskel as his QB’s the last two years. Say what you want about Winston, but he puts up a massive amount of yards. Gallup has Dak. Woods has Goff, who while not elite is miles better than anything we’ve had the past couple seasons. I’d take Boyd over Landry, or at the very least it’s a wash, imo.

To put up back-to-back 1k yds seasons with the QB play he’s had is extremely impressive.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 10:51 PM)impactplaya Wrote: So Im sitting here and just watched the Steelers score on a rub route in the red zone to Schuster. Ben took 2-steps and lofted it. Easy 6.  Why in the hell.cant this offense execute simple rub routes or at least attempt it.
And it's not just rub routes. Im talking direct snaps to a rb. WR passes. How about WRs stacked on one side.?
I didnt even see a fake jet sweep one way and off tackle on the backside.
Did anyone see a draw play?
Im losing faith in ZT and Callahan really fast on developing a cutting edge creative offense

It was Burrow's first game, give it time. If the play calling becomes just as bland through the next 4-5 games I'll agree that creativity is lacking.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 03:34 PM)Whatever Wrote: Boyd is a good, but not top tier #2.  Ten is pushing it, but off the top of my head Mike Evans, Robert Woods, Calvin Ridley, Mike Williams, DK Metcalf, and Michael Gallup are all better.  Arguably, Jarvis Landry would qualify, but you could argue that he's the #1 in Cleveland.  Plus there's a lot of teams with a better #1 than AJ and/or a better #3 than Ross.

What are talking about Boyd is clearly a top 10 number 2 WR. The guy has has had two 1000 yard seasons with the sporadic QB play. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Then play calling wasn't bad on Sunday especially in the second half. Burrow missed 3TD on Sunday. 1.) He just missed Ross in the Endzone, 2.) He missed Green in the Endzone, and 3.) He missed a wide open UZ on a great play design that would have been a TD instead he hit AJ fo a first down.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 12:39 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Ive run rub route concepts at 2 levels of coaching.heck they run rub routes at the flag leagues for 7 yr olds.
My thing is how come it's not part of this offense? Burrow made a living off goal line red zone rub route concepts 
At LSU.

People will somewhat accurately predict the Bengals would be flagged for such plays, but they can be designed in such a way as to make it not a penalty, as you know.  I am just so disappointed watching the game plan where routes take WAY too long to develop, no emphasis on the rushing attack, and as stated in the OP:  very little creativity.  

My fear is Thursday we see the defense get torched because they only looked solid against a weak Charger offense.  I hope I am wrong, but I don't have a lot of hope.  

You can bet Cleveland won't abandon their running game.  
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 01:47 AM)J24 Wrote: Then play calling wasn't bad on Sunday especially in the second half. Burrow missed 3TD on Sunday. 1.) He just missed Ross in the Endzone,  2.) He missed Green in the Endzone, and 3.) He missed a wide open UZ on a great play design that would have been a TD instead he hit AJ fo a first down.

While I agree that it improved in the second half, it makes it all that much more infuriating that after all this time THAT was what they opened the season with...
Reply/Quote
Let’s get are dynamic 2nd round TE more involved!
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 10:45 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Let’s get are dynamic 2nd round TE more involved!

Sample is nothing more than a wasted 2nd rd fullback drafted
Way too high
Reply/Quote
Actually Sample did well when he was in. Nice catches and effective blocking (for example the couple of times he had Bosa he won the matchup). The problem was poorly designed plays more than anything. Sample should have been in much more and should have been lined up next to Hart to help him. In fact, to me we went 3 WR too much and should have been 2 TE 2 WR single back more.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 11:24 AM)Joelist Wrote: Actually Sample did well when he was in. Nice catches and effective blocking (for example the couple of times he had Bosa he won the matchup). The problem was poorly designed plays more than anything. Sample should have been in much more and should have been lined up next to Hart to help him. In fact, to me we went 3 WR too much and should have been 2 TE 2 WR single back more.

He had one catch for 7 yards. But I agree he should have played more and helped Hart. You can’t do the 5 wide LSU offense with this Offensive line.
Reply/Quote
I want to see Sample do some lead blocking
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:09 PM)RASCAL Wrote: you're absolutely correct, but theb stoolers don't get penalized ..............EVER!!! shuster pushed off twice tonight alot worse that AJ did and guess effing what? NO FLAGS!!!

There's rules for us and rules for the darling teams (Steelers, Packers, Patriots, etc).

I don't know how many times the Lions have been royally screwed over the last 5-6 years.

Key calls against the Packers ALWAYS go in favor of the Pack.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 12:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Boyd had the corpse of Andy Dalton, Ryan Finley, and Jeff Driskel as his QB’s the last two years. Say what you want about Winston, but he puts up a massive amount of yards. Gallup has Dak. Woods has Goff, who while not elite is miles better than anything we’ve had the past couple seasons.  I’d take Boyd over Landry, or at the very least it’s a wash, imo.

To put up back-to-back 1k yds seasons with the QB play he’s had is extremely impressive.

(09-16-2020, 01:38 AM)J24 Wrote: What are talking about Boyd is clearly a top 10 number 2 WR. The guy has has had two 1000 yard seasons with the sporadic QB play. 

QB play, specifically with Dalton, is a chicken and egg argument. Andy is generally a product of his supporting cast.  When he has good talent around him, he usually plays well.  When he doesn't, he struggles.  Dalton's decline in play is actually evidence that there isn't as much talent as people seem to think on offense.

Boyd has basically been the #1 WR the last year and a half.  In the NFL, if you're the #1 WR and stay healthy, your're going to get 1000 yards.  Last year, Boyd ranked 7th in targets and 31st in YPG.  

I'm not saying Boyd isn't a good player.  However, Top 10 #2 WR really means very little.  That means 69th percentile and closer to average than the best. He's a good #2, but not top tier.
Reply/Quote