The Cowboys and Pats lead the league with 33 and 32
The Raiders are dead last with 9
The Bengals rank 27th overall

I personally think when you combine the quality of QBs
This defense will face in the 2nd half of the season
With the depleted secondary, it's imperative this
Defense starts to put QBs on the ground
We can't allow for guys like Allen , Mahomes, and Watson
On the horizon to sit back and surgically dissect this defense with no pass rush. I think the pass rush
Will be one of the key factors going foward if this
Team makes the playoffs or not.
Reply/Quote
Huge concern! We need a 3T that can cause havoc in the interior.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Before anyone asks, I'm not sure Ogunjobi would have been that much of a help.
He has 0.5 sacks through 7 games with the Steelers.
Yes, it's not the same team and it's a different scheme, but still. He hasn't been what he was last year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think it is a bit of an issue, especially now with our secondary depth concerns. There will be large stretches of the game where the other teams QB just has all day to throw.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
Not concerned at all. We have played mostly from behind and in tight scoring games, where the defense just can't just get after the passer because of the score. Anyone that watches can see Hendrickson, BJ and Sam are always applying pressure.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 02:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not concerned at all. We have played mostly from behind and in tight scoring games, where the defense just can't just get after the passer because of the score. Anyone that watches can see Hendrickson, BJ and Sam are always applying pressure.

However Baker Mayfield came in the 2nd half yesterday  and promptly went 11 of 15 and was sacked 0 times in a situation where Carolina 
Had to obviously throw the ball. 
Combine that with them starting a rookie LT.
Hendrickson should have looked like Myles Garrett 
From quarters 2 to 4. 
So if a scrub like Msyfield goes 11 for 15...what is Allen or Mahomes going to do?
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 02:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not concerned at all. We have played mostly from behind and in tight scoring games, where the defense just can't just get after the passer because of the score. Anyone that watches can see Hendrickson, BJ and Sam are always applying pressure.

[Image: i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif]

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 03:10 PM)impactplaya Wrote: However Baker Mayfield came in the 2nd half yesterday  and promptly went 11 of 15 and was sacked 0 times in a situation where Carolina 
From quarters 2 to 4. 
So if a scrub like Msyfield goes 11 for 15...what is Allen or Mahomes going to do?

Hendrickson had Walker dead to rights and he Joe Burrowed his was out of it on one play.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 03:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif]

[Image: EDWBzXe.gif]
Reply/Quote
Yes, it is concerning.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 03:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: [Image: EDWBzXe.gif]

Not being at least slightly concerned about it is what doesn’t make sense.

Reply/Quote
Someone not even in the list mentioned in the OP is Zachary Carter...because he doesn't even have half a sack.

I thought this dude would be good for about 2-4 sacks this year.
Coming out of college, he was a bit of a tweener, but I thought he was a good pass rusher from the inside.
If he was (is) able to bulk up some, I thought he'd ideally be a good 3T down the road.

Disappointed with Carter so far.
Also Sample and Ossai.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
it's very concerning considering there's no Awuzie in the secondary. Or Dax Hill for that matter
Reply/Quote
I had hoped to see more from our 3rd rounder and Ossai is learning it's harder in the Regular Season.

Although we look bad when you look at Passing Yards allowed, we are Top 10 in Passing Yards per Attempt.

So I'm not "worried", but would like to see more
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 03:10 PM)impactplaya Wrote: However Baker Mayfield came in the 2nd half yesterday  and promptly went 11 of 15 and was sacked 0 times in a situation where Carolina 
From quarters 2 to 4. 

He wasn't back there throwing bombs.  They gave him the underneath and he took it.  And I don't know how many snaps Hendrickson even took in the second half.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 02:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Before anyone asks, I'm not sure Ogunjobi would have been that much of a help.
He has 0.5 sacks through 7 games with the Steelers.
Yes, it's not the same team and it's a different scheme, but still. He hasn't been what he was last year.

Well maybe we can bring him home with a friendly deal 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 03:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Someone not even in the list mentioned in the OP is Zachary Carter...because he doesn't even have half a sack.

Coming out of college, he was a bit of a tweener, but I thought he was a good pass rusher from the inside.
If he was (is) able to bulk up some, I thought he'd ideally be a good 3T down the road.

Also Sample and Ossai.

I've been waiting (and hoping) for Ossai to breakout. Still waiting
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 03:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Someone not even in the list mentioned in the OP is Zachary Carter...because he doesn't even have half a sack.

Also Sample and Ossai.

In those guys defense there not getting many snaps either .
Carter 41%
Sample 31%
Ossai 29%

Also Ossai has played more Nickle DT than Edge. Not sure why Lou wants him to play inside so much.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
It is absolutely a concern. This back half of the schedule features great QBs. Watched Brady with 40-something seconds left and NO timeouts, march right down the field and score the game winning TD. Mahomes and Allen can score from anywhere with like 20 seconds left as we saw in last year’s playoffs. We watched Flaker Mayfield come in cold yesterday and throw all over us. Yeah, it was garbage time from pretty much halftime but still..we knew they were throwing, had an opportunity to pin our ears back and go get him, but NOPE! With an injured secondary, the pass rush absolutely must step up. Hopefully Lou uses the bye to install some creative blitz packages using our LBs and safeties.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 04:02 PM)J24 Wrote: In those guys defense there not getting many snaps either .
Carter 41%
Sample 31%
Ossai 29%

Also Ossai has played more Nickle DT than Edge. Not sure why Lou wants him to play inside so much.

Not sure either.
I'd 100% be playing Hubbard there with Ossai on the edge.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote