Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lamar Jackson ?
I'm not really a quarterback guy because their usually over hyped in the draft and talked about way to much, but this year has some good prospects and maybe they decide to trade Dalton at this point. From an eye test he really seems to have all the skills you could ever want being a natural passer who can operate in a pocket. His ability to run also would be a big plus if we move to a more run based offense that we seem to be headed to. Whats your opinion on the guy and how he stacks up against other prospects and would he be a guy that you would pick up even if he sits behind Dalton a year or two ?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
He’s great in the total offense stat. His two year average is over 400 yards a game. But, there have been other players who have done this and didn’t pan out. I will say that Case Keenum did this though and he was a nice surprise for the Vikes. That productivity has to count for something.

He was less effective against better teams this year. Could be something to do with the fact that his team wasn’t quite as good either. I still like him though if we sat him and put some meat on his bones, and didn’t rush him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm on the fence on Jackson. We shall see how it turns out.
Reply/Quote
I’d take him over the WAY over hyped Baker Hayfield.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
He's way to inconsistent. Has major accuracy issues. I'd take Rudolph in the second over Jackson in the second any day.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 05:58 PM)Jpoore Wrote: He's way to inconsistent. Has major accuracy issues. I'd take Rudolph in the second over Jackson in the second any day.

yea altho Rudolph gets criticized for his accuracy he's the best ive seen stat wise.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 11:40 PM)Okeana Wrote: yea altho Rudolph gets criticized for his accuracy he's the best ive seen stat wise.
Yeah. Jackson is like Allen in that regard. Both make those plays that only a couple people in the world can make, but they're too inconsistent.
Reply/Quote
Love Jackson. I'd be thrilled if we took him. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 02:48 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Love Jackson. I'd be thrilled if we took him. 

I think he could very well pan out if he had a good quarterbacks coach and learns to play in the pocket and not opt out for runs after 1 or 2 presnap reads.  He has one of the cleanest throws ive seen in a long time and all the arm strength you could ever want.  I would just be afraid they would treat him like Mike Vic and not Drew Brees which could lead to a very short career.

Reply/Quote
Unfortunately, most of the games I've watched, were the ones where UL got beat, and Jackson was ineffective. So, I would have to say no to Jackson.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 12:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Unfortunately, most of the games I've watched, were the ones where UL got beat, and Jackson was ineffective.  So, I would have to say no to Jackson.

I can see that, but lets forget that scouting talent isn't about wins or losses.  Its all about confidence, scheme fit, prospective talent, and injuries imo.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 12:40 PM)Okeana Wrote: I can see that, but lets forget that scouting talent isn't about wins or losses.  Its all about confidence, scheme fit, prospective talent, and injuries imo.

There is a lot to like about Jackson, but you said "scheme fit". Does he fit us? Or do we change him?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 02:21 PM)sandwedge Wrote: There is a lot to like about Jackson, but you said "scheme fit". Does he fit us? Or do we change him?

it all depends on where lazor goes with it.  I think Jackson could play either way similar to prime cam newton, but until I watch all the tape and see the pre draft process I can't say.  The Bengals could have a completely different look next year even with the same head coach.  I 100% believe that Marvin lets his coordinators run their plays and hes much more a general manager than a coach.  Also Lazor did pretty well considering what he stepped in to so we just don't know what we will see next year.

Reply/Quote
I think he was great for U.of L., but to inconsistent for pro ball.
Reply/Quote