Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamar Jackson
Jackson has missed practice for the second straight day. It is the first time in his career this has occurred. Odds are he will play but if they had to sit him down for any game, I could see this one being it. If he plays, a knee injury could keep him in the pocket more often

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 03:00 PM)pally Wrote: Jackson has missed practice for the second straight day.  It is the first time in his career this has occurred.  Odds are he will play but if they had to sit him down for any game, I could see this one being it.  If he plays, a knee injury could keep him in the pocket more often
I like Lamar, and worry for his health. I think they should just be safe and sit him Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 04:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I like Lamar, and worry for his health. I think they should just be safe and sit him Sunday.

*Squints*

Is that Sled21, or Mother Teresa? 

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Lamar Jackson is a freak of nature. I have always said his biggest problem will be staying healthy.
Reply/Quote
RG3 ain’t a bad backup, but he certainly isn’t Lamar and doesn’t have the mobility.

FWIW we thought Mixon might sit and then had a great game. Could be the same with Jackson.
Reply/Quote
I think in the interest of his safety that he should be held out of this game. As much as I may have been looking forward to our defense trying to handle him, I would grudgingly be willing to live with the disappointment.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 04:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: *Squints*

Is that Sled21, or Mother Teresa? 

Ninja

Just looking out for the best interests of my ex Cardinals.... Cool And if we get the Ravens without Lamar and the Browns without Chubb..... well, that's just the way the ball bounces.. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 04:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lamar Jackson is a freak of nature. I have always said his biggest problem will be staying healthy.

He was also fortunate that he went to a team that catered the offense to his strengths.  That could have been a huge problem.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Do I start Marquise Brown in fantasy?

He's average (or even below average) in consistency, but his upside is that he's a big play threat (had a few big misses recently) so will Lamar running less increase his common stats and then also his big play potential?!
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 04:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lamar Jackson is a freak of nature. I have always said his biggest problem will be staying healthy.

Are you looking to be right? 

He has never missed a game with Injury. 

And, what a wild thing for you to say! He needs to stay healthy! Revelation
Reply/Quote
Lamar is playing. I’ll believe that until he’s not on the field Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 04:14 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: RG3 ain’t a bad backup, but he certainly isn’t Lamar and doesn’t have the mobility.

FWIW we thought Mixon might sit and then had a great game. Could be the same with Jackson.

RG3 might be watching Lamar replay his career if Lamar doesn’t get smarter about taking hits. I love watching Lamar play (not against us obviously) and hate to see this kids career cut short cause he can’t slide or run out of bounds.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 05:15 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: RG3 might be watching Lamar replay his career if Lamar doesn’t get smarter about taking hits. I love watching Lamar play (not against us obviously) and hate to see this kids career cut short cause he can’t slide or run out of bounds.

He’s missed 2 practices and now his career has been cut short?

What are all of you taking about? He’s taken less hard hits than burrow this season.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 05:43 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: He’s missed 2 practices and now his career has been cut short?

What are all of you taking about? He’s taken less hard hits than burrow this season.

It's true.

Just cause a qb runs a lot doesn't necessarily mean he's getting hit anymore than any other qb.

Ben isn't a running qb and that guy takes a beating and is always injured.  Burrow isn't a runner and is getting shellacked this season.

Cam has taken a beating as a runner but that because he spent a good part of his career trying to bulldoze his way to extra yards as if he thinks he's an actual running back.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 06:07 PM)motoarch Wrote: Just cause a qb runs a lot doesn't necessarily mean he's getting hit anymore than any other qb.

Yes it does.

Jackson carried the ball over 200 times last year and he did not run out of bounds or slide every time.

After just two seasons he has the two highest rushing attempt totals for a QB in a regular season (176 in '19, 147 in '18)

If getting tackled does not have an effect on a football player then why do RBs wear out so fast when they carry the ball a lot?
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 05:09 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Are you looking to be right? 

He has never missed a game with Injury. 

And, what a wild thing for you to say!  He needs to stay healthy!  Revelation

I agree, he really has done a great job not getting hurt.. but hey hope he is too hurt for this weekends game.. he is the glue of that team... the offense is so shaped around him
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 06:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes it does.

Jackson carried the ball over 200 times last year and he did not run out of bounds or slide every time.

After just two seasons he has the two highest rushing attempt totals for a QB in a regular season (176 in '19, 147 in '18)

If getting tackled does not have an effect on a football player then why do RBs wear out so fast when they carry the ball a lot?

QBs like Lamar are priceless. However, every time he tucks that ball and takes off, you know the HC is terrified about an injury more than when he's in the pocket. He has protection in the pocket, but once he goes, he's a ball carrier and free game. So, I agree.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 07:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: QBs like Lamar are priceless. However, every time he tucks that ball and takes off, you know the HC is terrified about an injury more than when he's in the pocket. He has protection in the pocket, but once he goes, he's a ball carrier and free game. So, I agree.

I don't think his HC is all that worried when he runs.  If he was, their entire offense wouldn't be built around him running the ball.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 07:46 PM)McC Wrote: I don't think his HC is all that worried when he runs.  If he was, their entire offense wouldn't be built around him running the ball.

Good point. Not like he's Burrow.

Reply/Quote
A RB can get a bruised wrist or elbow without it really effecting his game.

But some small injury that does not matter to another player can be a big deal to a QB.
Reply/Quote