Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamar Jackson
(10-08-2020, 06:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes it does.

Jackson carried the ball over 200 times last year and he did not run out of bounds or slide every time.

After just two seasons he has the two highest rushing attempt totals for a QB in a regular season (176 in '19, 147 in '18)

If getting tackled does not have an effect on a football player then why do RBs wear out so fast when they carry the ball a lot?

Wow this proves nothing because it doesn't provide any information about how many times he was hit vs any other qb in the league.

Go troll somewhere else .
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 04:14 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: RG3 ain’t a bad backup, but he certainly isn’t Lamar and doesn’t have the mobility.

FWIW we thought Mixon might sit and then had a great game. Could be the same with Jackson.

I was going against Mixon in my fantasy league. There wasn't a doubt in my mind he'd go off... I got pummeled.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 05:11 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Lamar is playing. I’ll believe that until he’s not on the field Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same, and with Dunlap being demoted from starter early it makes me think Lamar is still going to play and we are going to play
more contain and QB spy. Need to stop their run game and not over pursue, have always said this when playing Lamar or any
good running QB and it shows when teams like the Titans do this and beat him and them.
Reply/Quote
Just have Ross be the spy.
Reply/Quote
If he does suit up, hit those knees early and often. Knocking him out of the game gives this team a shot.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He did not practice yesterday, and is listed with "Illness and knee".
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 08:49 PM)motoarch Wrote: Wow this proves nothing because it doesn't provide any information about how many times he was hit vs any other qb in the league.

Go troll somewhere else .

How can you claim that the number of carries have nothing to do with number of hits?  Jackson is not sliding or running out of bounds on every carry.  And he gets hit after passes the same amount a any other QB.

You are arguing that a QB who runs the ball almost 200 times in a season is not getting hit anymore than a pocket passer and then claiming I am a troll.    LOL
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 08:52 PM)jason Wrote: I was going against Mixon in my fantasy league. There wasn't a doubt in my mind he'd go off... I got pummeled.

Me and you must have the same bad luck because I benched him in one of my leagues last week.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Harbaugh says Jackson is 100% and ready to go.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 03:29 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Harbaugh says Jackson is 100% and ready to go.

Good. Don't want any excuses when we beat their ass.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 04:35 PM)McC Wrote: I think in the interest of his safety that he should be held out of this game.  As much as I may have been looking forward to our defense trying to handle him, I would grudgingly be willing to live with the disappointment.

LOL on Jackson sitting..well played
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 05:09 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Are you looking to be right? 

He has never missed a game with Injury. 

And, what a wild thing for you to say!  He needs to stay healthy!  Revelation

I have to defend Fred on his statement. Jackson's rushing attempts exceed other QB's so yes when he is used a lot like a running back, look at the injuries, RB far more likely to be hurt than a pocket QB.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2020, 09:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same, and with Dunlap being demoted from starter early it makes me think Lamar is still going to play and we are going to play
more contain and QB spy. Need to stop their run game and not over pursue, have always said this when playing Lamar or any
good running QB and it shows when teams like the Titans do this and beat him and them.

Did the Titans use 5 LBers and 3 DL against him some in the playoff game) or use DL like a LB?

The issue is M. Brown if he is healthy can get open deep a lot against our weak CB's.

But, we have to stop the run, we have to do some contain and run blitz schemes designed to prevent gains of 3 yards or more on 1st down. That is easier said than done against the Ravens, but they did lose one OG beast, Yanda retired so maybe we can take advantage of his replacement in both run and passing defense.

Reply/Quote
Their passing game relies on their running game to force defenses to overdo it against the run and leave receivers running wide open. Jackson has a big arm but not much touch (which was exploited in the playoffs twice now by different teams).
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2020, 01:40 PM)Joelist Wrote: Their passing game relies on their running game to force defenses to overdo it against the run and leave receivers running wide open. Jackson has a big arm but not much touch (which was exploited in the playoffs twice now by different teams).

Yup, at the end of the day the Ravens are a defense first run team just like they seem to have always been.

Last year the Ravens had the 3rd scoring defense and even if you took away 100% of Lamar's rushing yards (so just erasing 176 carries from existence without allocating them to anyone else) they still had the 7th rushing offense. Think about that. Remove 176 carries and they were still 7th in rushing.

You have be able to score points offensively against that defense, and stop the run in order to beat the Ravens. Just like how it was with Joe Flacco and Ray Rice. Stop the run, and score points on offense.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2020, 12:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Did the Titans use 5 LBers and 3 DL against him some in the playoff game) or use DL like a LB?

The issue is M. Brown if he is healthy can get open deep a lot against our weak CB's.

But, we have to stop the run, we have to do some contain and run blitz schemes designed to prevent gains of 3 yards or more on 1st down. That is easier said than done against the Ravens, but they did lose one OG beast, Yanda retired so maybe we can take advantage of his replacement in both run and passing defense.

I believe the Titans did do that and had a LB spy Lamar. Took them right out of what they are good at.

With Geno back we should try and do the same, couldn't hurt.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2020, 02:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yup, at the end of the day the Ravens are a defense first run team just like they seem to have always been.

Last year the Ravens had the 3rd scoring defense and even if you took away 100% of Lamar's rushing yards (so just erasing 176 carries from existence without allocating them to anyone else) they still had the 7th rushing offense. Think about that. Remove 176 carries and they were still 7th in rushing.

You have be able to score points offensively against that defense, and stop the run in order to beat the Ravens. Just like how it was with Joe Flacco and Ray Rice. Stop the run, and score points on offense.

Yeah, it is not just Lamar, have to stop their RB's. Hoping Dobbins doesn't have a coming out party against us.
Reply/Quote