Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamar Jackson Out, Not Everything Gong Against Bengals
With the added Coin Flip and such, we see posts of it's The Bengals against the World. However news that Lamar Jackson is out Sunday is good news to Bengals trying to win and avoid this Coin Flip thing.

We can add Chiefs won. If Bengals win Sunday, it may well be that no Coin Flip and no Neutral Site in AFC Championship is required. I would like to see such last second rule adaptions not happen.

With the injured Bills player doing better in hospital, just get back to playing football and beat Ravens without Lamar Jackson at the helm.

Tiger Who Dey Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
They should beat them with or without Lamar. Baltimore wasn’t scoring when Lamar was playing. JK being healthy is the biggest threat. Damn I hate that he plays for them.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 11:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They should beat them with or without Lamar. Baltimore wasn’t scoring when Lamar was playing. JK being healthy is the biggest threat. Damn I hate that he plays for them.

That stuff doesn't matter. Transitive property doesn't work in this league. Just think about all the teams that were going to face the 49ers after Jimmy went out? 
Reply/Quote
Would of rather faced Lamar, don't like going against backup QB's ever.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 11:22 PM)higgy100 Wrote: That stuff doesn't matter. Transitive property doesn't work in this league. Just think about all the teams that were going to face the 49ers after Jimmy went out? 

A not good offense is a not good offense. Houston has lost 90% of their games because they aren’t good. Transitive property is we beat the Jets who beat the Bills so we should beat the Bills.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 11:05 PM)kevin Wrote: With the added Coin Flip and such, we see posts of it's The Bengals against the World.  However news that Lamar Jackson is out Sunday is good news to Bengals trying to win and avoid this Coin Flip thing.

We can add Chiefs won. If Bengals win Sunday, it may well be that no Coin Flip and no Neutral Site in AFC Championship is required. I would like to see such last second rule adaptions not happen.

With the injured Bills player doing better in hospital, just get back to playing football and beat Ravens without Lamar Jackson at the helm.

Tiger  Who Dey  Who Dey  Tiger

Agree with this post. Although ESPN is also reporting that "Strong chance Lamar Jackson back for playoffs."

No guarantee the Bengals will play the Ravens in playoffs, but if they do, they may yet face him.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35400067/source-strong-chance-lamar-jackson-back-playoffs
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 11:37 PM)Nepa Wrote: Agree with this post. Although ESPN is also reporting that "Strong chance Lamar Jackson back for playoffs."

No guarantee the Bengals will play the Ravens in playoffs, but if they do, they may yet face him.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35400067/source-strong-chance-lamar-jackson-back-playoffs

Just don't click on that espn shit Nepa... Mellow
Reply/Quote
I believe this team watching glimpses of Monday night has found amazing offensive rhythm. If the corners can hang in there we should make the SB. Mind you KC if Mahomes is on fire it even Allen we could lose. The AFC is like the late 60’s when the NL had Koufax, Gibson, and Juan Marchial. If one of those pitchers got hot good ____ing luck today boys. Burrow, Mahomes, and Allen are the same.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 11:05 PM)kevin Wrote: With the added Coin Flip and such, we see posts of it's The Bengals against the World.  However news that Lamar Jackson is out Sunday is good news to Bengals trying to win and avoid this Coin Flip thing.

Tiger  Who Dey  Who Dey  Tiger

Exactly this.

Win the game and all of this talk of coin flips and such becomes null.

If the Bengals can't beat the Ravens with Jackson out there, they aren't a Super Bowl contender anyways.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I hope we get into a shootout and Burrow throws five tuddies with 350 yards and Mixon runs for two tuddies and 120 yards so I win in fantasy.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 11:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would of rather faced Lamar, don't like going against backup QB's ever.
Yep,

Bengals have a bad track record against back-up QB's it seems

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 11:37 PM)Nepa Wrote: Agree with this post. Although ESPN is also reporting that "Strong chance Lamar Jackson back for playoffs."

Playoff Lamar sucks.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 11:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would of rather faced Lamar, don't like going against backup QB's ever.

How about 3rd string QB's?

[Image: 74hzvj.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 11:50 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I believe this team watching glimpses of Monday night has found amazing offensive rhythm. If the corners can hang in there we should make the SB. Mind you KC if Mahomes is on fire it even Allen we could lose. The AFC is like the late 60’s when the NL had Koufax, Gibson, and Juan Marchial. If one of those pitchers got hot good ____ing luck today boys. Burrow, Mahomes, and Allen are the same.

The way I see it is the AFC is run by 3 teams right now; KC/BUF/CIN. If those three play towards their best, they beat the others. When they play each other, I think the games aren't far off coin flip territory. I know we've beat KC 3 in a row, and not to take a shine off any of them as they were all great gut it out wins, but they were also games which could've gone either way if we're being honest about it. 

If Mahomes/Allen are on fire, they're tough to hang with. But if Burrow is on his game, he at least hangs with them. I'd rather have Burrow than either, but there's no doubt they're all very closely matched QBs. 

I like our chances against anybody. If we turn up, we're in any game. I'm just glad the Bengals are now in this conversation. 

Regarding Lamar... he could be back for the playoffs, and it's quite likely we play them in the Divisional. I'm not too concerned about that, as we seem to do a good job of neutralising his running ability recently. If we limit his ground game, we're well placed.
Reply/Quote
Today’s game will tell us just how badly this debacle got in our heads.

We are the BETTER team …. w/o question.

Let’s hope we come out sharp, looking like we did against the Bills - locked in; maybe even with a giant chip on their shoulders.
Reply/Quote
I guess JK Dobbins isnt going to be playing either. I'm guessing the Ravens will see out the first half goes then start pulling their guys for the wildcard round.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 09:36 AM)Synric Wrote: I guess JK Dobbins isnt going to be playing either. I'm guessing the Ravens will see out the first half goes then start pulling their guys for the wildcard round.

I hate the idea of playing a team twice in a row, but it’s probably what will happen.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2023, 11:51 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Exactly this.

Win the game and all of this talk of coin flips and such becomes null.

If the Bengals can't beat the Ravens with Jackson out there, they aren't a Super Bowl contender anyways.

Let me also add that if Bengals would lose today, they can still get a home field play-off game next week on a Coin Flip and Ravens would be a road team.  

So Bengals can get home field advantage next week by simply winning today, or if they lose they can still get home field advantage next week on a Coin Flip.  So I can't say everything is going against our Bengals. 

Also Lamar Jackson is out, and I fail to see why some fans would rather play him today than a back-up QB.  Plus Ravens back-up QB was on limited practice this week and list questionable for todays game with arm and shoulder problems.  Fans on here saying they don't want Bengals to play against a back-up QB either is weak.  That they are afraid of back-up quarterbacks.  That is just weak.  Then others saying Bengals may have to face Lamar Jackson next week, wah, wah, wah.  Then win today or win the coin flip and make Ravens or Chargers have to play IN THE JUNGLE.  

So win today and avoid the coin flip, a coin flip Bengals have a 50 / 50 chance of winning I might add.   As for Bengals playing a good team and maybe a good QB next week in the play-offs, that has nothing to do with Bills game cancelled.  There are no easy teams in the play-offs. Anybody that thought the Bengals would get an easy team in the play-offs was wrong anyway.  Any team that makes the play-offs in the AFC or NFC is a good team.  There are no last place teams in the play-offs. So crying about who Bengals play in the play-offs is just petty and crying in your beer nonsense.  

I hope Bengals win today and avoid the coin flip,  but it is set up that Ravens could beat Bengals twice, lose the coin flip and Bengals still get a home play-off game and Ravens don't.  So I can not say everything is going against our Bengals.  I'm sure not going to go along with this crying about having to play a back-up QB today that some are doing, that is just weak.  Bengals should be happy it isn't Lamar Jackson on his game today. 

What I liked about AFC CHAMP BENGALS up to now is they were willing to play at Tennessee, at Kansas City, play Super Bowl at Rams home stadium, making a statement that they will play any team, any place, and Bengals are still good enough to Win. That is why my mood has been PROUD the last 12 months, because I became very Proud of our Bengals for NO QUIT and winning AFC Championship mostly on the road.

The Bengals started 4-4 this year, and that is what put Bengals behind the 8 ball, but Bengals have won ever since and are back to being the team that will play Anybody, Any place, Any Time. That is why my Mood for this team has been Proud for 12 months.

GO BENGALS and as Raiders slogan use to be, " JUST WIN, BABY ".  Go out there and avoid this coin flip thing, beat Ravens without Lamar Jackson today. But let's not build in all these excuses for losing that some are doing. The world is not against The Bengals, that is just a weak excuse for losing, as George C Scott said in the pool Hustler movie. Let's stop drinking the losers Kool Aid that the world is against our Bengals, that is a drink for losers, not our Bengals who I am very proud of.

I agree with Murdock. Win Today. However I must add that if Bengals lose, they still have a 50 / 50 chance on a coin flip, so it's impossible to say the world is against the Bengals. As Murdock and me are saying, Go Out And Win Today. Enough of this crying in your beer stuff over a cancelled game. Be happy that player is dong better, and go out and Win today.

Tiger Who Dey Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Because we have such a successful history against back ups.
Reply/Quote
Winning today should be easy if the Bengals are legit. If Lou A. is legit a second or third string QB will not be a problem.
I would love to see Lamar come back for his first game in months against us!! I can't see him coming back super sharp game one.

But seriously, if we can't win today we aren't that good.
Reply/Quote