Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamar Jackson for Heisman !
(11-28-2016, 01:18 AM)Stewy Wrote: He doesn't deserve the Heisman.  He chokes in crunch time.  He's a stat machine, who folds when the game is on the line.

He has done things that nobody else has. But we will see if it was enough. 

So who do you think deserves it ? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2016, 01:18 AM)Stewy Wrote: He doesn't deserve the Heisman.  He chokes in crunch time.  He's a stat machine, who folds when the game is on the line.

He was leading a TD drive against Clemson until Quick decided the 4th down marker 2 yards shorter
He had an awesome throw against Virginia to lead to a game winner. 
UK became an actual NCAA football team and Lamar played a very close game with an offensive line that might actually hate him and a defense that couldn't stop a washcloth
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 02:54 AM)Go Cards Wrote: He has done things that nobody else has. But we will see if it was enough. 

So who do you think deserves it ? 

(11-29-2016, 05:33 AM)eoxyod Wrote: He was leading a TD drive against Clemson until Quick decided the 4th down marker 2 yards shorter
He had an awesome throw against Virginia to lead to a game winner. 
UK became an actual NCAA football team and Lamar played a very close game with an offensive line that might actually hate him and a defense that couldn't stop a washcloth

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-lamar-jackson-might-be-the-weakest-potential-heisman-winner-in-some-time-151723430.html
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/11/26/13753466/louisville-kentucky-final-score-results-2016-lamar-jackson
Reply/Quote
It is an individual award and he should not be penalized for his weak O-line. Remember he plays with 2 and 3 star recruits with a few 4's sprinkled in. Not 5 stars across the board.

He had an incredible performance against Texas AM in his start last season in the Bowl. Plus even though he did not start the Ky game the year before he brought Louisville back from the depths of hell in second half start for the win too.

This year he waxed Florida State and took Clemson to the wire which he should not be faulted for WR running out of bounds at end instead of lunging for 1st down and or TD.

Embarrassing losses to Houston and Ky when the team was worried more about rankings than game on hand. Still he put up great stats.

Season stats for Lamar Jackson

3,390 passing yards (11th) ..............30 TD's (11th)............9 int's
1,538 Rushing yards (8th)...................21 Td's (4th)...........

4,928 All purpose yards .....................51 TD's (more than all but a handful of teams)

Believe his resume is worthy, but not sure the vote goes his way.

Put at 60/40 leaning his direction.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 10:26 PM)Stewy Wrote: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-lamar-jackson-might-be-the-weakest-potential-heisman-winner-in-some-time-151723430.html
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/11/26/13753466/louisville-kentucky-final-score-results-2016-lamar-jackson

Wow. Really insightful that you gave another player that deserves the Heisman over Jackson Mellow
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
He averages 411 total yards per game

and over 4 TD's a game.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 08:30 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Wow. Really insightful that you gave another player that deserves the Heisman over Jackson Mellow

Gave Stewy my Heisman pick on September 10th.

Am offering him a chance to correct and best me on December 6th a mere 4 days before trophy is awarded and all candidates resumes are complete. 

Who you got Stewy ? 

Maybe last years winner Deshaun Watson who Jackson has already beat out for ACC player of the year.

Could be and is the only one with chance. But would be a farce if so in my book.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 12:36 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Gave Stewy my Heisman pick on September 10th.

Am offering him a chance to correct and best me on December 6th a mere 4 days before trophy is awarded and all candidates resumes are complete. 

Who you got Stewy ? 

Maybe last years winner Deshaun Watson who Jackson has already beat out for ACC player of the year.

Could be and is the only one with chance. But would be a farce if so in my book.

I love the indignation here.  Quite amusing. 

I haven't watched enough college football this year to say whom i would definitely give it to, and I'm not going to do the research.  However, I've watched Lamar in 5-6 games and seen him choke and fumble enough to know that doesn't look like a Heisman candidate.  If he is still the best college football has to offer, then it's a sad frickin year for Heisman quality candidates is all I'll say.
Reply/Quote
Ok I couldn't help myself and did one google search.

I stand corrected. The rest of the field going to NY is so pathetically lame that Lamar HAS to win. What a sad year for college sports super stars.

Hopefully Lamar learns to hold on to the ball next year and doesn't cost his team games.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 03:35 PM)Stewy Wrote: Ok I couldn't help myself and did one google search.

I stand corrected.  The rest of the field going to NY is so pathetically lame that Lamar HAS to win.  What a sad year for college sports super stars.  

Hopefully Lamar learns to hold on to the ball next year and doesn't cost his team games.

He does need to work on ball security, will concede that point. Blame coach for not fixing this.

Yet would not call him a choker, but not going back into that though. Will just agree to disagree.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 01:57 AM)Go Cards Wrote: He does need to work on ball security, will concede that point. Blame coach for not fixing this.

Yet would not call him a choker, but not going back into that though. Will just agree to disagree.

Well since we're being all reasonable and stuff.  I'll concede that choker might be too much of blanket label for him and as I said, hope he works on ball security, so he doesn't cost his team games next year.
Reply/Quote
Will take it, especially being Louisville's first Heisman.

Hopefully he will get his ball security down better next year.

Because want no doubt about it when he matches Archie and wins his second.

Congratulations Lamar !

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 12:15 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Will take it, especially being Louisville's first Heisman.

Hopefully he will get his ball security down better next year.

Because want no doubt about it when he matches Archie and wins his second.

Congratulations Lamar !

Gratz Lamar!
Reply/Quote