Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamar Jackson in Cincinnati for din din
(04-16-2018, 09:08 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Pittsburgh will get him and he’ll be a HOFer.

This is depressing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 10:30 PM)Steve Wrote: no way.....
too many teams need a QB...Buffalo at 12...Arizona & Balt too....
 i bet he's gone befor we pick at 21

A team has to have an offense built for him. He's not going to run a standard set up. It won't take long for defenses to figure it out and he'll either learn to play under center and all that or he'll go the way of RGIII.

Tyrod Talyor can play, but as Buffalo found out he'll only take you so far with his style, so now he's going to start for 1 year in Cleveland. Then what's he going to do?

Jackson is a guy you'll have to groom, teach him to play from under center much of the time, read complex defenses. He's also going to find out the hard way that he's no longer the fastest guy on the field and that the other side has several guys just as fast as he is or faster.

I don't see that he's ready. He's no where near what Derek Carr was coming in and Carr was picked late in the 1st.

Reply/Quote
The more I think about the reasons the more I want to draft Lamar Jackson at 21.

1- I've never been sold on Dalton except 10 games of the 2015 season,every season comes along and I wish we had someone else most the season .

2- if Dalton goes down ,we are screwed and season is over. If green goes down we are screwed because Dalton depends on his stars. He can't be a real playmaker.

3- give me a Russell Wilson type please, athletic qb on top of what we have seems fun and like it would work.

4- you don't need a top o line ever, he struggles with inside pressure ,but off the edges doesn't bother Lamar.

5- we are a team Lamar can sit and learn ,while you give Andy a one year prove it like kc did with Alex Smith.

6- if we waited to get a qb next year he's most likely not going to come in rookie year and win a Superbowl no matter who you draft. So basically we are waiting 3 years to be successful from now.

7- if Dalton won big next year and suddenly was mvp and loved and everything is great. You got a valuable trading piece in Lamar Jackson .

Downfall - you miss out on Mike mcglinchey or who ever the Bengals would pick here.

Downfall- we might of really needed that tackle now season is ruined
Reply/Quote
If he's still there at 21, then I'll eat my hat.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't read a whole lot into the dinner meeting. Likely just a "due diligence" move, on the part of the team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Imagine the carnage when the Bengals take Lamar Jackson and put him at WR. He's the perfect size for WR2 outside! Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 12:01 AM)BengalChris Wrote: A team has to have an offense built for him. He's not going to run a standard set up. It won't take long for defenses to figure it out and he'll either learn to play under center and all that or he'll go the way of RGIII.

Tyrod Talyor can play, but as Buffalo found out he'll only take you so far with his style, so now he's going to start for 1 year in Cleveland. Then what's he going to do?

Jackson is a guy you'll have to groom, teach him to play from under center much of the time, read complex defenses. He's also going to find out the hard way that he's no longer the fastest guy on the field and that the other side has several guys just as fast as he is or faster.

I don't see that he's ready. He's no where near what Derek Carr was coming in and Carr was picked late in the 1st.
I think your making too big of a deal about his QB style.....he won the Heisman a couple of years ago then the next year was the runner up.....
it's not that complicated.....he drops back like anyone else, or like he did at Louisville.......if he has to he just scrambles down the field & gets a TD....or if need be slide....don't take any big hits....
He didn't just get here from another galaxy.....any team could take him & start him next year & he'd do fine....imo....
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 10:24 PM)Steve Wrote: I think your making too big of a deal about his QB style.....he won the Heisman a couple of years ago then the next year was the runner up.....
it's not that complicated.....he drops back like anyone else, or like he did at Louisville.......if he has to he just scrambles down the field & gets a TD....or if need be slide....don't take any big hits....
He didn't just get here from another galaxy.....any team could take him & start him next year & he'd do fine....imo....

I just think he's a guy who needs to be groomed along. I'm not saying he can't do it, but he's far from made it. Of course most QBs coming out of college are not ready for what they are going to see in the NFL. And Heisman means exactly zero in the NFL and predicts exactly nothing.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 11:07 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I just think he's a guy who needs to be groomed along. I'm not saying he can't do it, but he's far from made it. Of course most QBs coming out of college are not ready for what they are going to see in the NFL. And Heisman means exactly zero in the NFL and predicts exactly nothing.

I have more faith in him than you do....
let him sit & learn his Rookie season.....
second season turn him loose.....
short & mid level passing game....screens, draws, reverses & option plays....
& get him a pass catching TE.....
maybe 2 bombs per game to the teams #1 WR.....

he will do fine.....
Reply/Quote