Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamar Jackson in Cincinnati for din din
I'm surprised nobody brought this up today since qb Is a big topic all the time. But he's in town having dinner.

I know he's probably last on the list but I really do like the idea of a playmaking qb . We got two guys who if they went down the season would be over. Now if green went down and your qb is a play maker and enhances guys by himself. A injury to star receiver wouldn't be as bad.
Reply/Quote
I'd be more into it if we could move Dalton and gain additional picks. We have a lot of weak spots on the roster we still need to upgrade.

But unlike most, I think Lamar is a great option and would be a great fit in Cincy. I would love it, as long as we can still upgrade the offensive line and the linebacker unit.
Reply/Quote
As bad as we need O-linemen and LBer I'd be very tempted if he's there at 21.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would rather have Mayfield but Jackson would be good as well. I don't think they pull the trigger at 21 but if he is in the range in the 2nd then I could see it happening.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't take him any earlier than the third round.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
The most electrifying player in the draft...

I would love it. I havent thought about it much just dont think they would do it
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 07:14 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Wouldn't take him any earlier than the third round.
Agreed. I'd like jackson in stripes, but I'd put other needs ahead of QB. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Pittsburgh will get him and he’ll be a HOFer.
Reply/Quote
Just as a note to everyone, Lamar Jackson will be there at 21 and the Bengals will pass.

Jackson may be there when we pick in the second round and I'm willing to bet that we'll pass then too.

Think Rudolph if you expect us to take a QB in the first two rounds.

Reply/Quote
Never hurts to check him out. No harm no foul if we don't take him.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 06:28 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: I'd be more into it if we could move Dalton and gain additional picks. We have a lot of weak spots on the roster we still need to upgrade.

But unlike most, I think Lamar is a great option and would be a great fit in Cincy. I would love it, as long as we can still upgrade the offensive line and the linebacker unit.

I agree 100%...
I LOVE Dalton but it's business....
if we picked Jackson i'd be excited about it....
get a Center in rd 2
LB, FS, in rd 3....

but I bet he's off the board befor our 21 pick....
Buffalo at 12 ..... or Arizona or the ravens could pick him....
he stays healthy & the skys the limit for him....
b/c speed kills....
but if we pick OC Daniels or Hernandez or Wynn id be excited too...
I think this will be a great draft for us....
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 09:28 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Just as a note to everyone, Lamar Jackson will be there at 21 and the Bengals will pass.

Jackson may be there when we pick in the second round and I'm willing to bet that we'll pass then too.

Think Rudolph if you expect us to take a QB in the first two rounds.

no way.....
too many teams need a QB...Buffalo at 12...Arizona & Balt too....
 i bet he's gone befor we pick at 21
Reply/Quote
Big fan of Jackson.

I like that they brought him in, but they did bring in Derek Carr, Johnn Manziel, and Teddy Bridgewater in 2014. So we'll see
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Here's some reasons why Drafting Lamar Jackson makes more sense than many of you realize.

If Dalton struggles or gets injured; we'll be glad we took a top tier QB rather than getting some guy in the 4th round or later. We need someone who can push Dalton for his job while also filling the backup QB role. It's not easy to acquire a good QB, if we decide Dalton's not good enough then we might have to give a king's ransom to trade for a good one next year.

He synergises with our offense. He helps our O-line because of his ability to escape the pocket and buy more time than Dalton can. This also allows more time for routs to develop which is huge for our particular receiver core (I think their strength is at running deep routes). Not to mention; Lamar Jackson has a huge arm too. I also think Bill Lazor might want to run more of a college-style spread offense which would be a good fit for him as it will open the field up.

And if he needs time to develop; then we are a good destination for him because we don't need him to play right off the bat.

Getting Jackson also grants us the option of trading Dalton in the future; which would be huge not only for the draft picks but also for relieving cap space.

Don't underestimate how valuable the QB position is; even backup QB is one of the most important positions and it needs to be addressed accordingly,
Reply/Quote
I'd be all for Jackson at 21. If he starts falling towards the end of the first, I'd be all for trading up back into the first and getting that important 5th year option. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
You know I love me some Lamar Jackson ! Just do not see Bengals selecting him in 1st round with as big of other needs that they have. 

If he made it into the 2nd and especially the 3rd round it would be very tempting and hard to pass on him regardless of needs. 

Praying he is never a steeler though, it would be my worst NFL nightmare. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I’m sure he is in play. They better have a real plan on the OL if we waste rd 1 on a guy who won’t play for a year. We need that fifth year of cheap control..

Some of the coaches wanted Watson last year. Hopefully that contingent’s voice is heard.
Reply/Quote
I simply don't see the logic in taking a QB in the first round. We are not replacing Dalton, and he has been pretty durable as far as injuries are concerned. So instead of a center or tackle or linebacker or any other position where we need immediate contribution, we take a guy who will likely be riding the bench for at least two years? Perhaps longer?

I'm of the mind that you don't take a QB in the first unless replacing Dalton is absolutely in the cards, and all indications are that that is not the case.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I'm a huge fan of Lamar. Love watching that dude ball. Total gamer. I wouldn't be mad at all if we took him in the first. Potential franchise QB at 21.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 10:39 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Big fan of Jackson.

I like that they brought him in, but they did bring in Derek Carr, Johnn Manziel, and Teddy Bridgewater in 2014. So we'll see

Probably taking a look due to proximity and due diligence of value in case of a trading pick with another team. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote