Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamar Miller over Joe Mixon for pro bowl
The leading rusher in the AFC cant even get a sniff of the pro bowl. Not that I want him to play in it anyways. Seriously Lamar Miller over Mixon is dumb.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 07:07 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: The leading rusher in the AFC cant even get a sniff of the pro bowl. Not that I want him to play in it anyways. Seriously Lamar Miller over Mixon is dumb.

So much BS. Been hearing a lot about how terrible the Probowl picks have been this year.

Way dumber than normal. Mixon definately should of made it or atleast of been All-Pro.

Some sort of honor, dude played his ass off this year and was really exciting to watch once he got a hole to run through.
Reply/Quote
Nick Chubb even had a better year than Miller did, and Mixon was a bit better than Chubb, imo. Also factor in that the Bengals lost as many of their O skill players as they did, it makes Mixon numbers look better.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I might care if the game were an actual game instead of a beauty contest, but nobody actually expects anyone to actually give it their all to win. They might as well just have all the players walk in a big circle a few minutes, say their names then get back on the plane to go home.
Kind of too bad there isn't some reason for pro bowlers to give a rats ass about the probowl like, IDK, a few million bucks for actually winning or something? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I think the Pro Bowl has lost even more relevance than it even had before.

They need to just expand the number of all pro teams that are named and abolish the Pro Bowl entirely.

No one watches it, they risk unnecessary injuries and they're more popularity contest than anything based in the player's skill or performance over the year.

Rather than a Pro Bowl, just have 4 All pro teams, or maybe have All-conference or All-division teams or something.

It'd be a good way to show recognition (and can be used in contract negotiations much like Pro Bowls are presumably used), while not causing all this bullshit.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 08:01 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think the Pro Bowl has lost even more relevance than it even had before.

They need to just expand the number of all pro teams that are named and abolish the Pro Bowl entirely.

No one watches it, they risk unnecessary injuries and they're more popularity contest than anything based in the player's skill or performance over the year.

Rather than a Pro Bowl, just have 4 All pro teams, or maybe have All-conference or All-division teams or something.

It'd be a good way to show recognition (and can be used in contract negotiations much like Pro Bowls are presumably used), while not causing all this bullshit.

I used to at the very least like seeing some Bengal helmets out there at the Probowl but man this is getting embarrassing.

Lots of players that should of made it didn't this year, more than i can remember before.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 07:59 PM)grampahol Wrote: I might care if the game were an actual game instead of a beauty contest, but nobody actually expects anyone to actually give it their all to win. They might as well just have all the players walk in a big circle a few minutes, say their names then get back on the plane to go home.
Kind of too bad there isn't some reason for pro bowlers to give a rats ass about the probowl like, IDK, a few million bucks for actually winning or something? 

Agreed.
 I wish they would highlight the Senior Bowl on Sunday (giving scouts an extra day of evaluations) with a good pro skills competition. Not the one they've ran for the last few years but one closer to the mid 2000s skills competition.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
What's a Joe gotta do, to get a cup of coffee around here?
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 07:59 PM)grampahol Wrote: I might care if the game were an actual game instead of a beauty contest, but nobody actually expects anyone to actually give it their all to win. They might as well just have all the players walk in a big circle a few minutes, say their names then get back on the plane to go home.

Yep,

They need to just do away with the pro bowl and just have a fan fun day or something ? punt, pass, and kick contest with the fans ? Have an awards ceremony and leave it at that.
Reply/Quote
This means nothing.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Was always a popularity contest, which more times than not didn't have the "best" heading to the Pro Bowl. I think social media makes it even worse now.
Reply/Quote
Aside from winning a Championship, the only accolade that really means anything in the NFL, is being named to the team that never plays a game. The All-Pro team.

The "Pro-Bowl" is, and will always be just a simple popularity contest. Bengal fans should be glad that Mixon was passed over by voters. What? Do you want him to end up like Tyler Eifert, permanently injured from playing in a worthless exhibition game?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 08:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I used to at the very least like seeing some Bengal helmets out there at the Probowl but man this is getting embarrassing.

Lots of players that should of made it didn't this year, more than i can remember before.

Heck the Colts linebacker Darius Leonard didn't get voted to the Pro Bowl. He did however was selected to the first team All-Pro.

When All-Pro players aren't voted into the ProBowl, then there is definitely something flawed with the system to the point it really doesn't mean anything anymore.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I agree with Sunset - don’t need Mixon getting hurt for nothing and I like guys getting snubbed - can’t hurt to have a littlle more motivation for next year.
I hope Geno decides not to play. Not worth it even though it would be hard for a lineman to get hurt during the touch-football game known as the Pro Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 07:38 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Nick Chubb even had a better year than Miller did, and Mixon was a bit better than Chubb, imo. Also factor in that the Bengals lost as many of their O skill players as they did, it makes Mixon numbers look better.

I was arguing with a Browns fan the other day about Mixon being better than Chubb. He stated Chubb is better because he put up almost 1k yds without starting the first 6 games, and that his yac were better. I said Mixon would probably be an All Pro behind their OL, and that’s it’s truly remarkable what he did this year behind ours. I mean, so many of Mixon’s biggest gains came from bouncing outside and making something happen virtually by himself. Imagine if he actually had some blocking...

Reply/Quote
After Eifert, I don't want any of the Bengals in that stupid game. Sure, it's nice to be named, but turn the game down. As for Mixon, when you consider the fact that once Dalton and Green went out, he did what he did against a stacked box, it should show what big things are ahead for him. We need a HC that will utilize him and Gio properly.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 07:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So much BS. Been hearing a lot about how terrible the Probowl picks have been this year.

Way dumber than normal. Mixon definately should of made it or atleast of been All-Pro.

Some sort of honor, dude played his ass off this year and was really exciting to watch once he got a hole to run through.

This.  And although I know he is still in his rookie contract, I bet some players have that as a bonus clause in their second deal.  He deserves to be thee although I am glad he won't have the injury risk. 
Reply/Quote
It's a joke.
Mixon's rushing production alone was greater than Miller's yards from scrimmage.
Mixon also had better YPC and more TDs than Miller.
And the NFL can't use the team's lack of success or Mixon being a rookie against him...they originally had Phillip Lindsay in, whose team had the same (crappy) record as the Bengals.
I think the NFL is still trying to make a statement with Mixon's off-field incident from college.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It is a joke.....and Justin Tucker, the game's best kicker, didn't make it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 09:30 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Heck the Colts linebacker Darius Leonard didn't get voted to the Pro Bowl. He did however was selected to the first team All-Pro.

When All-Pro players aren't voted into the ProBowl, then there is definitely something flawed with the system to the point it really doesn't mean anything anymore.

For sure, i think i heard Quentin Nelson didn't make it either for heck sake but got All-Pro.

(01-09-2019, 09:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This.  And although I know he is still in his rookie contract, I bet some players have that as a bonus clause in their second deal.  He deserves to be thee although I am glad he won't have the injury risk. 

Yeah, i don't like the injury risk just saying Mixon needs more acknowledgment to what he contributed to the NFL this year. Dude was the one dude highlight show on our team and carried this team, Boyd should of got some honors as an alternate too even if he is injured, he had a great year.

Erickson as well as a Kick Returner.

(01-09-2019, 03:10 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: It is a joke.....and Justin Tucker, the game's best kicker, didn't make it.

Saw that, ridiculous. Best kicker in the world doesn't make it there is something terribly wrong.
Reply/Quote