Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamar's New Contract!
Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

Lamar has only played twelve games the past two seasons and he wants a contract with guarantees that exceed DeShaun Watson's!

The Ravens used to be the Browns, so hopefully they'll listen to their big brother and give Lamar a record deal!

Anyone have any guesses what will happen?

Pat?!
Reply/Quote
How many games had Watson played before he got that contract tho lol

Lamar > Watson 7 days a week.

Luckily I don’t think anyone is stupid enough to give a Watson type deal out except Cleveland. And with Lamar’s injury history starting to pile up I don’t think the Ravens will need to in order to keep him. He’ll get a big contract. It’ll be painful for any team to give it out, but i don’t think it’ll be Watson level stupid. All QB contracts at this point are incredibly painful to make, but you’ve got to do it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 07:47 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: How many games had Watson played before he got that contract tho lol

Luckily I don’t think anyone is stupid enough to give a Watson type deal out except Cleveland. And with Lamar’s injury history starting to pile up I don’t think the Ravens will need to in order to keep him. He’ll get a big contract. It’ll be painful for any team to give it out, but i don’t think it’ll be Watson level stupid. All QB contracts at this point are incredibly painful to make, but you’ve got to do it.

I'd say that's quite debatable.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 08:04 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: I'd say that's quite debatable.

Huntley looked almost as good and hes probably making league minimum. That said, I pray they sign him to a Watson deal and F the franchise for yrs to come  
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 07:47 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: How many games had Watson played before he got that contract tho lol

This is such a horrible take.  One was because he is a pervert, which didn't affect his foot ball skills....the other has a HISTORY of injury dating back to college.

One being a pervert might actually help him play and the loses a step with every injury.

Seriously leonard do you think about what you post?
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 09:30 PM)Stewy Wrote: This is such a horrible take.  One was because he is a pervert, which didn't affect his foot ball skills....the other has a HISTORY of injury dating back to college.

One being a pervert might actually help him play and the loses a step with every injury.

Seriously leonard do you think about what you post?

Horrible take? I was pointing out a FACT. Bashing a guy for playing in 24 games in two years while comparing him to a guy who played in 6 games (and looked pathetic in those) in two years because he demanded a trade and then got suspended the following year is laughable.

The best ability is availability. Lamar has had injuries two straight years and still been 4 times as available as Watson. I’d much rather give a contract to a guy who missed a few games two years in a row for injury than one who is a sex offender and either can’t or won’t play.

Do you think when you post? Or are you a closeted Browns fan?
Reply/Quote
Lamar got the non-exclusive tag.

Bye bye Lamar.

Not exactly as I said (Tag and trade), but same result.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 09:08 PM)Stewy Wrote: Lamar got the non-exclusive tag.

Bye bye Lamar.

Not exactly as I said (Tag and trade), but same result.

I wouldn’t be so sure. The team that signs him has to give him a contract he wants and give up 2 first round picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 09:32 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I wouldn’t be so sure.  The team that signs him has to give him a contract he wants and give up 2 first round picks.  

Compared to what was given up for Wilson and Watson????  A bargain.....
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 09:44 PM)Stewy Wrote: Compared to what was given up for Wilson and Watson????  A bargain.....

If he stays healthy for the whole contract maybe. I’m glad I’m not a team needing a qb because I wouldn’t be signing him.

Reply/Quote
I'm definitely ready to see what kind of deal Lamar gets. I know the NFL prohibits poison pills now, so I think someone will have to get creative with the structure to stop the Ravens from matching. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2023, 10:06 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: If he stays healthy for the whole contract maybe.  I’m glad I’m not a team needing a qb because I wouldn’t be signing him.

If he stays healthy is the key and with his play style, highly unlikely.

Interestingly, he hasn't been able to stay healthy AND he's been on decline.  His 2021 and 2022 stats are similar, but far off 2019.  His completion %, QBR, RTNG, YRD/attempt and rushing attempts are all down, not to mention total yards.

These are not the stats of a 50mil$ QB.  Unlike a QB like Burrow who will mature and get better, you can't fix Lamar's legs.  He isn't a pocket QB.  Baltimore is doing the right thing IMO.  All in all however, this could be the Raven calling Lamar's bluff.  Telling him "Ok Lamar.  We are so far off, we'll let other teams set your market.  If they give you what you want, good for you.  If you agree to something we can stomach - welcome back."  Regardless, this should be interesting to watch.

Reply/Quote
He/his mom turned down the 2nd highest amount of guaranteed at signing money in the NFL. $133m guaranteed at signing. More than Wilson's $124m and Murray's $103m.

Lamar's MVP was now 4 years ago. Matt Ryan was an MVP 7 years ago. Cam Newton was an MVP 8 years ago.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 08:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He/his mom turned down the 2nd highest amount of guaranteed at signing money in the NFL. $133m guaranteed at signing. More than Wilson's $124m and Murray's $103m.

Lamar's MVP was now 4 years ago. Matt Ryan was an MVP 7 years ago. Cam Newton was an MVP 8 years ago.

It's just an ego thing with some folks.  The Ravens organization is right to have reservations on matching the Watson deal, there are legit concerns about Jackson's ability to be available.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 08:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's just an ego thing with some folks.  The Ravens organization is right to have reservations on matching the Watson deal, there are legit concerns about Jackson's ability to be available.

I don't hate not having an agent so long as the player understands negotiations are a business and not personal, but I do hate having your mom be your agent. There's just no real way that works out well with no hurt feelings.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 08:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't hate not having an agent so long as the player understands negotiations are a business and not personal, but I do hate having your mom be your agent. There's just no real way that works out well with no hurt feelings.

Yeah, that part..  Thanks Ma, we could have really used that $133M, you know, in case I ever have a career ending injury.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
There is a pretty interesting article about the Jackson situation today on CBS. Here is the link:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/these-nfl-teams-dont-want-to-acquire-lamar-jackson-and-the-reason-why-seems-painfully-obvious/

A few interesting points. One not long after Jackson was given the non-exclusive tag 5 teams rumored to possibly be interested apparently said not interested. Not the next day but within hours of the tag. Second and this has been mentioned before is that it is rumored he wants Watson like guaranteed money. But the rumblings around the league are that the owners are pissed at the Browns for that absurd contract and want it to be an outlier and not the new normal. So if Jackson is asking for similar he may be reaching a bit too much.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 08:57 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: There is a pretty interesting article about the Jackson situation today on CBS.  Here is the link:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/these-nfl-teams-dont-want-to-acquire-lamar-jackson-and-the-reason-why-seems-painfully-obvious/

A few interesting points.  One not long after Jackson was given the non-exclusive tag 5 teams rumored to possibly be interested apparently said not interested.  Not the next day but within hours of the tag.   Second and this has been mentioned before is that it is rumored he wants Watson like guaranteed money.  But the rumblings around the league are that the owners are pissed at the Browns for that absurd contract and want it to be an outlier and not the new normal.   So if Jackson is asking for similar he may be reaching a bit too much.

some of the teams out dont have the 2 1st rounders needed either.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2023, 02:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: some of the teams out dont have the 2 1st rounders needed either.

I think, but could be wrong, of the 5 listed in the article: Falcons, Raiders, Panthers, Dolphins and Commanders, the Dolphins are currently the only team without the 2023 and 2024 first round pick needed.  Not sure why they were even mentioned as possible candidates because they forfeited their 2023 1st round pick for tampering. I guess some thought is they could make some sort of trade to acquire a 1st round pick from another team if they had really been interested?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2023, 02:58 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I think, but could be wrong, of the 5 listed in the article: Falcons, Raiders, Panthers, Dolphins and Commanders, the Dolphins are currently the only team without the 2023 and 2024 first round pick needed.  Not sure why they were even mentioned as possible candidates because they forfeited their 2023 1st round pick for tampering. I guess some thought is they could make some sort of trade to acquire a 1st round pick from another team if they had really been interested?

i think i saw something if the Trade happened after the draft... it might be possible for the Dolphins as that moves the years of the picks.
Reply/Quote